Manny Diaz - 2022 Broyles Award Finalist [Nominee not Finalist]

Anyone want to nominate Gattis for back to back Broyles awards? Things are really looking up after his offense put up a staggering and eye blistering FOUR TDs to a dominant Georgia Tech program on the road at the vaunted Bobby Dodd Stadium, all while starting a true freshman at QB!
I think it's safe to say he's a pencil in for a Broyles nomination.

Advertisement
i call bullshit GIF

Defensive Coordinators are overrated. Give me a roster full of kids who can make plays.

Advertisement
He's still to this day never beat a formidable offense.
the highlight of his career
was notre dame 2017
that 2018 defense was pretty nasty
if we just had a punter who wouldnt punt backwards
and a qb that could complete intermediate passes
he would have beaten more teams

the highlight of his career
was notre dame 2017
that 2018 defense was pretty nasty
if we just had a punter who wouldnt punt backwards
and a qb that could complete intermediate passes
he would have beaten more teams

And it turned out ND had a QB that couldn't start at UCF over a Freshman.

He's still to this day never beat a formidable offense.

Best I can find is In 2014, when Western Kentucky had the #6 scoring offense averaging 44ppg. This was the Jeff Brohm / Tyson Helton offense. Brandon Daughtry was lighting teams up all year. Daughtry had threw for 24TD and 4 INT in the 7 games before they played LA Tech/Manny's def. Threw for 1TD and 4 INT, 40% completion percentage. Was his absolute worse game of the year. They scored 34+ on everyone else. Only 10 points in that game. This is the resume game that made Miss St hire Diaz.

And it turned out ND had a QB that couldn't start at UCF over a Freshman.
ND game is still something to boast about for Diaz. Their QB wasn't the threat of that team. Josh Adams had Heisman hype and they spent the whole week and gameday talking about the potential first round draft picks across their OL.

Advertisement
Advertisement
geez, we of all people should be highly aware winning the Broyles award means jack.

Advertisement
Go check the Broyles award selection committee and then every winner since 2000.

I think you will see the Broyles award is slightly more useful then used toilet paper.

Advertisement
Back