Manny deservers some praise

Mario Hurricanes

Niche Poster
Premium
After last year I didn't think Manny was the guy. I HOPED he was, but didn't think so after the teams performance. Boys this a different team within a year!! Manny did what he said he was going to do. Top to bottom fix and reevaluate. He brought in new talent at the coaching level, still brought in a great recruiting class, and killed it in the portal. All by the way dealing with the covid bs!! After losing to FIU did you think we would even have a hope at beating Clemson less than a year later? I didn't! Manny is a man of his word and deservers our thanks!

Sorry Manny!!!!

Advertisement
After last year I didn't think Manny was the guy. I HOPED he was, but didn't think so after the teams performance. Boys this a different team within a year!! Manny did what he said he was going to do. Top to bottom fix and reevaluate. He brought in new talent at the coaching level, still brought in a great recruiting class, and killed it in the portal. All by the way dealing with the covid bs!! After losing to FIU did you think we would even have a hope at beating Clemson less than a year later? I didn't! Manny is a man of his word and deservers our thanks!

Sorry Manny!!!!
Let’s wait to see how the Clemson game goes in 2 weeks before we start dishing out apologies. I agree he’s done a great job so far; Need to keep the momentum going.

Advertisement
'
Sorry Manny!!!!

Agree 100%

I'm sure most Manny doubters ( me included) MUST admit that this team has improved significantly AND we're ALL glad that it's happening.

The addition of Lashlee has been the coaching move of the year. Our kicking game issues issues replaced by people who will play in the future on Sunday's. All while keeping a full cupboard of promising recruits.

Without a doubt this has been a Great job to date by Manny.

Now just let's NOT fall back into "old habits" and start taking teams for granted.

Last edited:
Let’s wait to see how the Clemson game goes in 2 weeks before we start dishing out apologies. I agree he’s done a great job so far; Need to keep the momentum going.
Yeah, Lashlee’s true test will playing and beating solid defenses. He passed the “pre-test” by wiping the floor with inferior defenses that we often struggled with in the past, keeping games too close with constant 3 and outs. His 3rd down conversion % has been the most exciting part of his arrival, next to curb stomping our biggest rival.

Advertisement
Wonder how Manny feels about Lashlee getting all the credit and hype. For every one time Manny was mentioned on ABC last night, Lashlee got 10 shoutouts.

I’ve done too many premature celebrations on head coaches. Rhett Lashlee was a good hire. D’Eriq King was an amazing transfer and upgrade. In Nov Manny will get all my praise.

Advertisement
For once, we didn't shut down our offense when we were up 3TDs... Truly appreciated Lashlee stepping on their throats...

Nothing worse than backup QB handing off the ball, possession after possession, all on the basis of some false humility and overated sportsmanship. You wanna be nice, go play croquet or something....
Still wish we had hung 70 on Nebraska in the Rose bowl... **** old man Coker

It destroys the killer instinct ....

Last edited:
Advertisement
May man, Manny has done EVERYTHING he was supposed to do as a year two coach. The fact that he's dominant in the transfer game shows that he was very aware that the ONLY way to recruit well is to win games and the only way to wins games is to draw the talent... It's like a vicious cycle that has no end. However the transfer portal shines light.

Honestly it's very surprising that other teams haven't been able to compete where Manny has.

It kind of reminds me of the thing in basketball where you go find talent that you already know will only be there for limited time, yet that talent is game ready on day one

I want to see a similar game to FSU 1999. Be competitive, win or lose. Just go in there and show the world you belong. I'd obviously prefer a 2000 style game where we win, but at this point I just want to see sustained improvement. If we are up for Clemson and play them tight, I'll be on the Manny bandwagon. Even though it's Lashlee and his energy that have brought the team to life, you have to give Manny credit for hiring him. Also to UM for paying him to come here.

I will say this. The bye week doesn't concern me with Lashlee here. Of anyone can get an O ready, it's our guy.

Congrats to de facto HC Lashlee. Unless the wheels fall off rest of season, you just guaranteed Manuela will be back for Y3.

Advertisement
Back