Manny basically has a one year window

Correct but you cannot “build up” over time when you can’t recruit without good results. Manny cannot recruit well enough to “build up” over time. He will fall into the same cycle all the other coaches did unless he does something on the field thisbyear to build recruiting momentum.

Again, it takes more than one year. Unless the team completely implodes, saying he's got one year is just ridiculous.

Advertisement
Again, it takes more than one year. Unless the team completely implodes, saying he's got one year is just ridiculous.

Youre missing the point as usual. Im not saying hes going to get fired in a year, or that he’d be able to build the team up to championship contender status in a year. Im saying if that he isn’t able to have success this year, and parlay that into recruiting momentum, then **** never be able to do that because you can’t recruit two classes in a row with 66% three stars and survive. His fate will be sealed.

Youre missing the point as usual. Im not saying hes going to get fired in a year, or that he’d be able to build the team up to championship contender status in a year. Im saying if that he isn’t able to have success this year, and parlay that into recruiting momentum, then **** never be able to do that because you can’t recruit two classes in a row with 66% three stars and survive. His fate will be sealed.
...and I'm saying your take is nonsense.

Ssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Op I agree with your overall point, I just don’t think we are at that level to even worry about playoffs yet.

We should worry about winning the coastal and not getting blown out in the acc cg and win a major bowl. Do this for a couple years and you’ll see the ratio start trending the right way.

This isn’t an overnight fix it will take years unless we get a generational Qb who can speed up the process.

We need our version of Watson. Maybe tvd can be that guy

Advertisement
So basically if we sign more great players than good players we will win more. Is this really something that needed to be debated 11 pages. No ****.

We have a good class for winning the ACC Coastal.
We have an ok class for winning the ACC.
We have a bad class for winning National Championship.

Advertisement
tenor.gif

Lads, we were 7-6 last year. Let's walk before we start running, eh?

It’s obvious he doesn’t have the recruiting juice of a guy like Meyer. A class with this many three stars is disastrous if youre trying to win the acc. I

Manny needs to have a ten win season or end the year on a roll with a big bowl win, or **** never be able to recruit well enough and will end up in the same cycle as Shannon and Golden. Year 2 will be disappointing due to the horrific 2019 class, and well be stuck recruiting 60% three stats. And Manny will be done at that point.

He needs to make an impression this year so we can recruit like a big time program again. Need elite talent. Four first rounders over the last ten years...disaster. Need a huge jump in the blue chip ratio

Full ****** Achieved

Isn't the 2020 class top 10 right now? What am I missing?

I think what OP is saying and what I’ve said is that you can’t have your classes anchored by majority 3 star athletes. He’s not lying; but Manny has more than one year, as well. Dude hasn’t coached a down yet.

With that being said, w our trashed rep right now, we can’t afford to go 7-6 either. So yes, while our class is top 10 (due to the amount of commits), our avg recruiting score places us outside the top 20.

You're a noted child, and your position is being pretty much trashed here. So there's always that.

Smart posters in this thread agree. I’ve also gotten countless DMs where posters tell me how much they agree but don’t want to be attacked by the rabid “three stars are awesome” mob.

Advertisement
It’s obvious he doesn’t have the recruiting juice of a guy like Meyer. A class with this many three stars is disastrous if youre trying to win the acc. I

Manny needs to have a ten win season or end the year on a roll with a big bowl win, or **** never be able to recruit well enough and will end up in the same cycle as Shannon and Golden. Year 2 will be disappointing due to the horrific 2019 class, and well be stuck recruiting 60% three stats. And Manny will be done at that point.

He needs to make an impression this year so we can recruit like a big time program again. Need elite talent. Four first rounders over the last ten years...disaster. Need a huge jump in the blue chip ratio
Why the disagreement with this? Sticky this thread cause it's true, and delete all the replies. Everyone in here is like "well our 3 stars could become 4 stars". Duh. And that'd be completely fine. Year after year we have **** classes and we don't achieve much. What don't you guys get? It's beyond simple. If we have a **** class, we will suck.

Advertisement
Smart posters in this thread agree. I’ve also gotten countless DMs where posters tell me how much they agree but don’t want to be attacked by the rabid “three stars are awesome” mob.

I don't think any poster has said "three stars are awesome". So you're inventing fake counterarguments to buttress your ****** argument that Manny has 1 year because of some arbitrary blue-chip ratio. You're obsessed with a threshold that's useful for predicting national competitiveness and you overlook relative differences between our recruiting and the recruiting of other coastal/ACC teams. So I'll lay it out for you, as of right now:

1. Miami Hurricanes, 35 percent blue-chip ratio, 88.66 average (which should improve, btw)
2. North Carolina, 15 percent blue-chip ratio, 86.84
3. Georgia Tech, 5.3 percent blue-chip ratio, 86.24 average
4. Pittsburg Panthers, 6.25 percent blue-chip ratio, 85.98 average
5. Duke Blue Devils, 0 blue-chippers, 85.30 average
6. Virginia Cavaliers, 10 percent blue-chip ratio, 85.83 average
7. Virginia Tech Hookies, 0 blue-chippers, 84.47 average

And I can do the rest of the ACC, which is similarly unimpressive besides FSU and Clemson. You're also not looking at total team composite score, which is more predictive of national success than a blue-chip ratio, since it takes into account roster attrition and roster management. Meaning, you can sign a class of 4 people and if 3 are blue-chippers, you'd obviously have a high ratio, but couldn't field a team.

So your argument sucks. It sucks because you're comparing our recruiting to Clemson and then arguing that Manny only has one year because if our recruiting stays as it is we can never build up. False. Our current recruiting is more than adequate to regularly beat Coastal teams and other ACC foes. If we do that consistently, then we can slowly build our program and improve our recruiting.

Go look at Peterson's record and recruiting classes at UWash. Or Clemson under Dabo. And there are many other examples. This has been done many times before and you're acting like it's impossible.

Last edited:
I don't think any poster has said "three stars are awesome". So you're inventing fake counterarguments to buttress your ****** argument that Manny has 1 year because of some arbitrary blue-chip ratio. You're obsessed with a threshold that's useful for predicting national competitiveness and you overlook relative differences between our recruiting and the recruiting of other coastal/ACC teams. So I'll lay it out for you, as of right now:

1. Miami Hurricanes, 35 percent blue-chip ratio, 88.66 average (which should improve, btw)
2. North Carolina, 15 percent blue-chip ratio, 86.84
3. Georgia Tech, 5.3 percent blue-chip ratio, 86.24 average
4. Pittsburg Panthers, 6.25 percent blue-chip ratio, 85.98 average
5. Duke Blue Devils, 0 blue-chippers, 85.30 average
6. Virginia Cavaliers, 10 percent blue-chip ratio, 85.83 average
7. Virginia Tech Hookies, 0 blue-chippers, 84.47 average

And I can do the rest of the ACC, which is similarly unimpressive besides FSU and Clemson. You're also not looking at total team composite score, which is more predictive of national success than a blue-chip ratio, since it takes into account roster attrition and roster management. Meaning, you can sign a class of 4 people and if 3 are blue-chippers, you'd obviously have a high ratio, but couldn't field a team.

So your argument sucks. It sucks because you're comparing our recruiting to Clemson and then arguing that Manny only has one year because if our recruiting stays at it is we can never build up. False. Our current recruiting is more than adequate to regularly beat Coastal teams and other ACC foes. If we do that consistently, then we can slowly build our program and improve our recruiting.

Go look at Peterson's record and recruiting classes at UWash. Or Clemson under Dabo. And there are many other examples. This has been done many times before and you're acting like it's impossible.

Let's lock it up and not feed the OP any longer.

Dabo's first few classes were heavy mid tier guys with some studs sprinkled in. **** his second class had 18 of 24 enrollees three stars or less. Manny has one year GuYS!

I'm a believer in blue chip ratio but I'm also a believer in that Miami has never won a championship by emulating the blue bloods of college football. When we win our next ring, it will be by doing something different than the other schools. I suspect a large reason for #6 will be the transfer portal.

Miami cant pay to play like the SEC schools and Clemson, but lots of 4 (and even a few 5 star recruits) who aren't starting will find playing in sunny S FL for 1-2 years attractive. Alabama boosters aren't paying $250,000 for a transfer with 2 years of eligibility, so we own the portal. Miami will hit the blue chip ratio by supplementing the HS recruiting with the portal transfers.

There will be a half dozen 3 stars from an earlier class looking to transfer at the end of 2019 (recruited on physical potential, but didn't pan out) , and they will be replaced with 4 star or higher transfers. We'll hit the ideal blue chip ratio by the beginning of 2020, it just won't be in the traditional way.

Advertisement
Back