Manny basically has a one year window

Last class is not his fault. It’s not even his “fault” that were only landing three stars right now. Miami has been garbage for as long as we were good. Manny isn’t a guy like Meyer on the trail though, which kinda sucks. So he needs to perform on the field to get kids excited. And there’s a small window to make that happen before you end up in the same vicious cycle

I truly hope every recruit in the class does well and becomes a star, and gets paid. But trends are trends and havent changed in years. Need blue chips

"Manny isn’t a guy like Meyer on the trail though"

Meaning he doesn't have a vast network of boosters with open wallets? Sorry, but Miami will never have that. We'll never compete for recruits on that level.

Advertisement
The sad truth is that UM will never be able to be a top 4 team. On some fluke we could end up in the playoffs in the future, but the fact is that we will never be able to recruit at the bag level. We have a lot more up to go from here, but there is a ceiling for non-bag teams
I have to agree with this, partially. Will Miami have it's years when it has an extra special recruiting class, and years when we fight our way into the playoffs? Absolutely. But we will not be able to have the year-in, year-out, every year consistent top 5 or even top 8 recruiting class because we simply don't have the recruiting "network" that some other schools do, and likely never will. We can't play the same game that the Bamas, LSUs, Clemsons of the world are playing. We just have a much trickier road to being a top 5 ranked team, because we can't be a consistent top 5 recruiting team.

It’s obvious he doesn’t have the recruiting juice of a guy like Meyer. A class with this many three stars is disastrous if youre trying to win the acc. I

Manny needs to have a ten win season or end the year on a roll with a big bowl win, or **** never be able to recruit well enough and will end up in the same cycle as Shannon and Golden. Year 2 will be disappointing due to the horrific 2019 class, and well be stuck recruiting 60% three stats. And Manny will be done at that point.

He needs to make an impression this year so we can recruit like a big time program again. Need elite talent. Four first rounders over the last ten years...disaster. Need a huge jump in the blue chip ratio

Advertisement
You probably should've taken a look at Clemson's foundation classes (who won titles) before starting this thread.

The norm? No. But enough rebuttal to the "one year window" nonsense.

Those classes werent 2/3 three stars. I don’t know why you guys keep pointing to this like it helps your point?

NAIL

ON

HEAD

But the gaturd porters that just happened to jump into this thread want to compare our recruiting to NC recruiting.

These brain addled social misfits don’t realize that you really can’t go from 7-6 to 60% blue chip ratio next season. You build up. Win double digits. Win the Coastal. Do that a couple of years and continue building momentum. The ratio will increase.

Nobody is arguing that but yeah! You tell em!

Those classes werent 2/3 three stars. I don’t know why you guys keep pointing to this like it helps your point?

Stop with the false narrative.

You’ve already been proven to tell lies to further your shrill narrative.

Saying we have a class of full 2/3 stars is an outright lie.

Nobody is saying we have an NC level BC ratio. And that’s an impossibility high standard right now, and a straw man you’ve set up in your false narrative.

You can’t answer the truthful retorts from @The Franchise or @Liberty City El with actual facts, so you resort to making demonstrably false arguments.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Stop with the false narrative.

You’ve already been proven to tell lies to further your shrill narrative.

Saying we have a class of full 2/3 stars is an outright lie.

Nobody is saying we have an NC level BC ratio. And that’s an impossibility high standard right now, and a straw man you’ve set up in your false narrative.

You can’t answer the truthful retorts from @The Franchise or @Liberty City El with actual facts, so you resort to making demonstrably fals arguments.

Our class is 35% blue chips right now and last year’s class was also 35% blue chips. What the **** are you talking about

It’s obvious he doesn’t have the recruiting juice of a guy like Meyer. A class with this many three stars is disastrous if youre trying to win the acc. I

Manny needs to have a ten win season or end the year on a roll with a big bowl win, or **** never be able to recruit well enough and will end up in the same cycle as Shannon and Golden. Year 2 will be disappointing due to the horrific 2019 class, and well be stuck recruiting 60% three stats. And Manny will be done at that point.

He needs to make an impression this year so we can recruit like a big time program again. Need elite talent. Four first rounders over the last ten years...disaster. Need a huge jump in the blue chip ratio
Delete this garbage.

There are like 13 teams who meet the blue chip ratio. This is miami. Our main advantage is our location which is supposed to lead to a distinct recruiting advantage. The point is that if Manny doesn’t have a good season, and parlay that into significant recruiting momentum, he will be stuck in the same cycle as all of the previous coaches.

If he can’t start re ruiring like lsu or texas, then he won’t win.

Advertisement
I was looking at the schedule yesterday, and outside of Florida, am not sure who could beat UM next season. I expect one "dumb" loss due to inexperience, but they should be at 10-2 (at worst) at the end of the regular season. Frankly, Florida is the only team as talented as UM on the schedule. VTech is a shell of a team and GTech finally abandoned that silly system. UNC has a new coach and UVA is not nearly as talented as UM.

There are like 13 teams who meet the blue chip ratio. This is miami. Our main advantage is our location which is supposed to lead to a distinct recruiting advantage. The point is that if Manny doesn’t have a good season, and parlay that into significant recruiting momentum, he will be stuck in the same cycle as all of the previous coaches.

If he can’t start re ruiring like lsu or texas, then he won’t win.

There you go again.

What’s winning? What’s a good season? Be specific.

Who are the 13 teams and where is your data coming from. I want specifics, documented with the actual numbers, and compared to the Miami’s actual numbers.

You can’t make claims like this without backing them up.

We already know we don’t have the blue-chip ratio of a Clemson, Alabama, Georgia, or even LSU. Let’s see the rest of the other teams. You should be listing at least another nine teams that have better blue-chip ratios, with accompanying data.

I’ve already called you out for lying in your other post (which you have yet to refute), how can I trust you when you say things like this.

We need to recalibrate expectations around here. And I'm gonna get a lot of **** for saying this, but I don't expect to beat Clemson anytime soon. And the retort will be: we're Miami, we're supposed to have high expectations, blah blah. Yeah, we're Miami. We've won the Coastal one time in the past 15 years? We've won 10+ games once or twice the past 10-15 years?

The immediate goal, and by immediate I mean the next 1-4 years, should be consistently winning the Coastal and rolling over teams with inferior talent. Our last three coaches couldn't do it, so yes, it's a goal. I also want top 15 recruiting classes every year. Again, this is a goal, because our past three coaches haven't hit that mark. And I want full classes. Classes that don't leave deep roster holes. Classes that ensure depth. We had poor roster management the last three regimes. So I have no problem with Manny taking 3 stars, because Richt would pray and hope for the 4 stars, put all his eggs in one or two baskets, then whiff, and leave us with no replacements.

We can get back to the top, but it will not happen over night. It'll be a slow, steady build. We need to do what Peterson is doing at Washington. What Stoops and Riley are doing/did at Oklahoma. What Dabo did at Clemson. We need to show recruits that we are a consistent program that beats the teams we're supposed to beat. Right now we're a "has been". We're a team that used to win big, but is mediocre. We need to first alter this perception, and then we can take the next step.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Welcome to CIS! Most of the posters on this site are teenage girls just trying to figure out how deal with their hormones/feelings.

I wouldn't even consider this Manny's first full recruiting class/cycle. The 2020-2021 should really be looked at as his first TRUE cycle as he'll have had coached a year and then be able to properly access what holes need to be filed.

Has recruiting been the reason for the mediocre results the last 10 years? While not perfect or near Bama level, I think the coaching has been 95% of our issues.

We had a dude run a 3-4 2 gap scheme for **** 5 years!

We had an outdated, boring offense led by a guy who called 4 plays and used his son as a QB coach who’s only qualified to coach flag football.

We saw what happened when Diaz took over the defense and implemented the right scheme.

The Golden slurpers have turned into the Manny slurpers.

It is a shame that the coach gets held to a high standard once he gets on the hot seat in terms of recruiting. Before the hot seat, every 3 star is really a 5 star but people hate Miami but after Golden/Randy/Richt get on the hot seat now they find out those 3 stars with 5 star hearts don't work out.
How is he on the hot seat and we haven't even seen his guys play yet? He's yetbyo coach a single game at the helm and he's on the hit seat? Aren't you getting ahead of yourself there dude?

Advertisement
Back