Manny basically has a one year window

Interesting. The OP is smart enough to recognize that the blue chip ratio is extremely predictive.

Yet somehow doesn't realize that there are like 10 more ratings updates, probably ~5 more decommitments, probably ~10 more commitments, and probably ~5 more transfers in+out in the 5/7 months until signing day.

How can someone be intelligent enough to understand how important the blue chip ratio is, yet so lacking in perspective that he would post such an alarmist thread, followed by a series of defensive follow-up posts, in the first week of July?

The OP is an enigma.

Advertisement
I think the OP is bringing up an objectively good point about too many 3* players, or rather, very low graded 3* players in the class

Consider this:
1. We have the lowest avg ranking per commit of any team in the top 15. So yet again we are in the top because of volume, not quality
2. Even if we absolutely hit it out of the park and signed everyone in the class now AND close with Walker, Denis, Worsham, Austin-Cave, Williams and George PLUS we get luckier than we ever have in history and pull Flowe and Washington, we still would likely not even crack the top 5. It might not even beat our 2018 class per 247.

We are depending on evaluations hitting. I think they will hit, especially on the DL. But let’s not pretend we have some juggernaut class right now. It has potential to be great if we hit our evals and we keep our commits (historically not the case).

I think the OPs post is poorly timed. It’s too early before we see what the fall rankings bring. It’s also poorly articulated and comes off as *****y on what should be a good day. The kid we got today is a physical specimen with room to grow. Overall, though, our class is not on track to be elite Top 5 status. We will need some prospects to get a second look from the services

Why do you feel like we deserve to have an elite recruiting class in mannys first year? Lol we still went 7-6 so for what it’s worth manny doing a **** good job.

Manny added the following guys since last year:

Bolden 4*, K. Smith 4*
Couch high 3* local cb, no worries, C. Williams 4*
Huff 4*, Brooks 3* but measured 4* pre-injury
Phillips 5*, Hill, Harvey 4*, Cam Williams 4*
Blissett 4*, Hunte 3*, Holley 3*, Nnoruka experienced, senior

Conclusion: good talent infusion into defemse

Nelson, Traore, Clark, ElGammel who the eff knows hope and pray
Hodges high 3*
Payton4*, Osborn best senior wr transfer in nation
Martin 4* but gone already lol
Martel 4*, Matocha we’ll see
Hedley looks the part

Conclusion: offensive talent infusion isnt as good but a talented qb and punter are worth a lot and wrs can play

Overall this is better than the negative nancies admit.

In ‘20, here’s what we got:

Francois 4*, Branch high 3*, Hodges 3*, Washington 4*
Mathis, Flagg, both high 3*
C. Williams 4*, Height 3* but great athletically, Q. Williams 3* but great athletically
Moise 4*, Riggins 4*’ Roberts high 3*

Conclusion: okay but not good enough on D; need to swap up at DT, +LB and +DB

Rivers 4* great get, C. Washington big kid, will pan out, Smith decent take
Mamarelli 4*
Redding 4*, Fleming 4*, Restreppo high 3*
Chaney 5*
Van Dyke 4*

Conclusion: okay on O; need another OL or 2 (Walker + Dennis or Love), another WR (Daz), another TE or RB

We have several big fish we can close on

These classes can help us get back to winning if we evaluated well. They wont get us to no pre-madonna land unless we up recruiting the next few classes.

Last edited:
I think the OP is being a tad alarmist, but I will say this -- Diaz will make his job a lot easier in terms of recruiting if he can lead UM to a double digit win season(and with this schedule, that's VERY possible) and get recruits to notice Miami in a positive light, once again. So much of this is about perception and momentum, in terms of this off-season, Diaz has done great in that department. Seriously, could you imagine if Richt was still our coach, how miserable we would all be, at this point?

Now, comes the most important part, in the words of Tony Phillips -- 'wins and m'fing losses, wins and m'fing losses'.

But there is a bit of a chicken or the egg, here, does winning lead to good/great recruiting, or vice versa? Personally, I think while there are holes in this roster (we all know what they are) but last year it was a historically inept offense (by UM standards) that kept this from being a team with a much better record. (Yeah, I'll beat a dead Seabiscuit, our offense was THAT pathetic)

Now, for Miami to be back truly among the elite they need to start winning some of those tough recruiting battles, that aren't always so cut-and-dried in favor of Miami

And yeah, a big part of that is not going 7-6

I've seen this before with this program. Going back to the Butch Davis years, at times it seemed hopeless, we got impatient, there were bitter losses and setbacks, but if you have a real strong leader in place and a guy who's pilot light is still burning, well, Miami has a punchers' chance.

Advertisement
It actually doesnt. The blue chip ratio holds every year. The title winner every single year has a 50%+ blue chip ratio except I think auburn in 2010. So if we get Cam newton, cool. Otherwise, it will lead to the same results weve had over the last fifteen years.

Do you even know names to go with your blue-chip pie?

Really revolutionary what Manny and posters like @Dmorgan15 are doing. No college has ever pop in tapes of HS players. Saban just goes on 247 and offers them. I think we might win a championship this year with this new method of watching game tape that no other coach has ever done.

Does arguing and/or agreeing with one of your multiple personalities count as a trolling job or clever banter?

The star ratio thing has some validity when talking about NCs. But anyone expecting us to win a NC right away is goofy as fck. We’re not there.

What Manny needs to do is have a good year and build some momentum. Then, he needs to follow that up with another good year and not fall on his face. We haven’t strung together two good years in 17 years.

What we can’t do is tank because the vultures will immediately come out, and the toxicity will consume the program like it’s done the last 4 coaches.

We don’t have the blue chip ratio to win a NC, but we have enough blue chips to win 10 games, win the Coastal, and win a big bowl. Then, we’ll have enough to do the same thing or a little better in 2020. That’s how we will get out of this 17 year nightmare.

Dudes need to get out of this NC or bust mentality because it ain’t happening any time too soon. Build it back up. Then start thinking about NCs.

NAIL

ON

HEAD

But the gaturd porters that just happened to jump into this thread want to compare our recruiting to NC recruiting.

These brain addled social misfits don’t realize that you really can’t go from 7-6 to 60% blue chip ratio next season. You build up. Win double digits. Win the Coastal. Do that a couple of years and continue building momentum. The ratio will increase.

Way too many weak panicky *** hyperventilating pansies in our fanbase to understand this Chise.

These fools are already trying to set the table to create a zero sum game where they can foam at the mouth at any opportunity to criticize Manny before a single snap has even been played.

All offseason long it's just been one thing after another, every **** day, bhitch, moan, complain & nitpick, wash, rinse, repeat. This sh*t has already gone to Defcon 1 & all Manny has done is get 6-7 commits since Paradise (Rivers 2 weeks before Paradise) & these fck heads are still crying & complaining.

The staff has been on fire the whole month, we're getting more commits than we've had since the class of 2018 & building a lot of momentum coming down the line for when the season starts, but that's not enough for these clowns lol. We have to go undefeated, make the playoffs & win a natty in year 1 or else they're gonna grab the tiki torches & burn the **** house down.

To be sitting with a top 10 class that isn't even finished yet, a revamped offense & a true QB coach, plus a roster with talent all over on both sides of the ball is a pretty **** good spot to be in considering how the season ended last year.

Program rebuilds take time, on top of the fact we don't drop bags in recruiting. Idk why people have this nonsensical "5-stars only bro!" mentality, expecting a top 3-5 class in year 1 for Miami is just plain delusional. The focus should be beat UF, win the coastal & win our bowl game, then parlay that into more success on the recruiting trail.

Just compare where this program was on the night of December 27th to now. I mean, yeah, no games have been played but you can't tell me the program isn't in a better place

Advertisement
Lol - 55=75. That’s what was false. And, no, you can’t couch a 20% with “near” - that’s literally 20 kids.

Also, we are closer to 50% than 35.

So, yeah. A lot of false that had to be rebutted.

Maybe you should work on your reading comprehension.
"If you look at the 3 teams that have made the finals in the past 4 years their blue chip ratio is closer to 75%. "

That statement is 100% accurate.

Also, our CLASS is what I was referring to which is exactly 35% blue chip.

Which again is 100% accurate. Learn to read before you try to prove someone wrong.

If I didn't know any better I would have thought this was a Florida Gator thread. Y'all sound like a bunch of star whores.

I guarantee Miami's blue chip is right around 50%. They don't factor in transfers. Martell - 4 star, KJ - 4 star, Phillips - 4 star, Bolden - 4 star.
Phillips was 5 star, #1 player in the nation.

Advertisement
Where is he when you need him...

What are you guys mad about? Do you think we are winning anything of note with 7 blue chips and 13 three stars? Seriously? There’s empirical irrefutable evidence that says you need majority blue chips to win a title. This recruiting is disastrous

You probably should've taken a look at Clemson's foundation classes (who won titles) before starting this thread.

The norm? No. But enough rebuttal to the "one year window" nonsense.

Advertisement
So you're going to down Manny, who hasn't even finished his first full recruiting cycle much less coached ONE game yet much, because he isn't like Meyer who's like one of the top 10 recruiters of ALL TIME????

Welcome to CIS! Most of the posters on this site are teenage girls just trying to figure out how deal with their hormones/feelings.

You realize Saban was the coach for two months at that point? In what way is that comparable to manny’s 2020 class?
Still, it’s still the first time for both and Manny is actually doing better at this point. We might run the table this season.

Advertisement
Back