Manny basically has a one year window

I agree 100%. Look at how good our class was when we won the Coastal.

Yep. That seems like a realistic path to the recruiting results we all want to see. We recruit well enough to win the coastal most years...yet we dont.
We desperately need to lay down a record of consistency winning and competing in the conference title. Can't expect to complete in recruiting with the top teams if you win your weak conference once. We recruit well enough to win the coastal...let's start doing it.

Advertisement
I don't know if we finish with
Worsham
Walker
Denis
Neal
Brown
Whale NSD

That should keep us top 10. We will drop the lowest two or three guys. Happens every year. I just got a feeling we are going to have a good year. Hold me to it Gator.

For sure. IF we finish with those guys it would be a great class. I hope your are correct.

The “talent we have.” We have no superstars. We have FOUR first round picks over the last TEN years.

Our talent is not that great. Weve got some good players, and have underperformed, but we are no where close to these other teams. Which is because of our consistent recruiting failures.
How many first rounders did Watson play with when he won the acc?

While you don't wanna rely solely on cast offs. The transfer portal is the first thing thats sorta taken back the power for non bag schools. Hopefully people like Asa Martin wanting multiple transfers don't make the NCAA rethink this free agency.

Adding just a small handful of guys like Hill, Bolden, Osbourne and Tate could easily be the difference of 2 wins in a season and make a 9 win treading water season into an 11 win bowl win season.

Yep. That seems like a realistic path to the recruiting results we all want to see. We recruit well enough to win the coastal most years...yet we dont.
We desperately need to lay down a record of consistency winning and competing in the conference title. Can't expect to complete in recruiting with the top teams if you win your weak conference once. We recruit well enough to win the coastal...let's start doing it.

Agree 100% we should have been winning the Coastal every year since we have been in the ACC>

Advertisement
While you don't wanna rely solely on cast offs. The transfer portal is the first thing thats sorta taken back the power for non bag schools. Hopefully people like Asa Martin wanting multiple transfers don't make the NCAA rethink this free agency.

Adding just a small handful of guys like Hill, Bolden, Osbourne and Tate could easily be the difference of 2 wins in a season and make a 9 win treading water season into an 11 win bowl win season.
This is true. Supports my point that Manny needs to show results this year.

That is what I said originally as well. You were the one that popped in with what I said was false, even though it was 100% correct.
Lol - 55=75. That’s what was false. And, no, you can’t couch a 20% with “near” - that’s literally 20 kids.

Also, we are closer to 50% than 35.

So, yeah. A lot of false that had to be rebutted.

This is true. Supports my point that Manny needs to show results this year.
I don't disagree with your original post. It sounds crazy to say but Manny's tenure could be make or break just off his first season.

The schedule is a joke and he has a roster that's as loaded with talent as any other team (outside of the elite playoff tier group of 6-8 teams)

Advertisement
It’s obvious he doesn’t have the recruiting juice of a guy like Meyer. A class with this many three stars is disastrous if youre trying to win the acc. I

Manny needs to have a ten win season or end the year on a roll with a big bowl win, or **** never be able to recruit well enough and will end up in the same cycle as Shannon and Golden. Year 2 will be disappointing due to the horrific 2019 class, and well be stuck recruiting 60% three stats. And Manny will be done at that point.

He needs to make an impression this year so we can recruit like a big time program again. Need elite talent. Four first rounders over the last ten years...disaster. Need a huge jump in the blue chip ratio
I don’t agree. I don’t usually respond to people’s opinion because. It’s your opinion and your post. But I disagree. U sound like you think this a madden game or something. 1 Year? Lol

What are you guys mad about? Do you think we are winning anything of note with 7 blue chips and 13 three stars? Seriously? There’s empirical irrefutable evidence that says you need majority blue chips to win a title. This recruiting is disastrous

We used to win with a number of three stars and some four stars. On a regular basis.

In fact, when we started star whoring - under Clappy - that was the end of our great football program.

And as I recollect - Dabo started out worse than Manny is. He's not having much recruiting problem, now, is he?

Oh I dunno he was only tossing it up to the 7th pick in the draft every play
The classes leading up to those years with Watson were not top classes. The dude was just a **** stud. They even had to outscore UNC in the acc game.
Again, I’m not disputing this holy blue chip trinity. But a dude like Watson can skew the average enough to tilt the tables. I’m just bring it up cause everybody throws Clemson’s name without realizing that they did it without recruiting as high as the other teams. Dabo wasn’t recruiting better than jimbo saban or Meyer at that time.

We used to win with a number of three stars and some four stars. On a regular basis.

In fact, when we started star whoring - under Clappy - that was the end of our great football program.

And as I recollect - Dabo started out worse than Manny is. He's not having much recruiting problem, now, is he?

It’s not 2001 anymore in case you havent noticed.

Advertisement
The classes leading up to those years with Watson were not top classes. The dude was just a **** stud. They even had to outscore UNC in the acc game.
Again, I’m not disputing this holy blue chip trinity. But a dude like Watson can skew the average enough to tilt the tables. I’m just bring it up cause everybody throws Clemson’s name without realizing that they did it without recruiting as high as the other teams. Dabo wasn’t recruiting better than jimbo saban or Meyer at that time.

It’s not 2001 anymore in case you havent noticed.

Well, let's see. Recently. Recently we got ranked all the way up to whatever it was after we beat #3 Notre Dame.

Miami - given good coaching - can whip anyone on any given day - and a buttload of top ranked teams will grudgingly tell you the same thing.

Right now - we're moving in the right direction. I'd never put money on it - but I really believe it's better than 50/50 that we beat the dog **** out of Florida - and get on a pretty good roll.

And have fun doing it.

Haven't you heard? We're a five-quarter team now.

Advertisement
It’s obvious he doesn’t have the recruiting juice of a guy like Meyer. A class with this many three stars is disastrous if youre trying to win the acc. I

Manny needs to have a ten win season or end the year on a roll with a big bowl win, or **** never be able to recruit well enough and will end up in the same cycle as Shannon and Golden. Year 2 will be disappointing due to the horrific 2019 class, and well be stuck recruiting 60% three stats. And Manny will be done at that point.

He needs to make an impression this year so we can recruit like a big time program again. Need elite talent. Four first rounders over the last ten years...disaster. Need a huge jump in the blue chip ratio

Patience, glasshoppa. Dude hasn’t even coached one game yet. We finally have a staff that is properly evaluating players and not just going off of stars. They are putting in the work and it’ll pay off in the long run.

You and your butt buddy (******** Slayer) need to grow a sack and man the **** up.

Well, let's see. Recently. Recently we got ranked all the way up to whatever it was after we beat #3 Notre Dame.

Miami - given good coaching - can whip anyone on any given day - and a buttload of top ranked teams will grudgingly tell you the same thing.

Right now - we're moving in the right direction. I'd never put money on it - but I really believe it's better than 50/50 that we beat the dog **** out of Florida - and get on a pretty good roll.

And have fun doing it.

Haven't you heard? We're a five-quarter team now.

No, miami cant whip anyone on any given day. Do not have the players.

Advertisement
Back