Manny basically has a one year window

Advertisement
Have you read any of the threads breaking down Clemson and ND's recruiting classes over the last 6 classes? Chill man, let Manny work.

Yup, great reads. They really explain how important it is to have elite recruiting classes. Clemson has the 4th most 5 stars in the nation and the 3rd least amount of 3 stars. LOL @ Notre Dame, but regardless they still have mainly blue chips on their team.

Advertisement
Just got to see who we close with. Very well could close with all 4 stars after tirek Austin cave commits. Plus there are a few commits who I think could end up composite 4 stars like Roberts, height, q, Williams and Austin cave when he commits as they are currently 3 stars right now.

Last edited:
55 blue chips
50 non blue chips

Compare that to our last two classes

14 blue chips
24 non blue chips

Now you see how far off we are

Huh?

2018:
Blue Chips: 17
Non Blue Chips: 8

2019 (including transfers):
Blue Chips: 11
Non Blue Chips: 15

At worst, you can take away 3 blue chips and 2 non blue chips who have already left the school. That leaves us with a 25 to 20 ratio over the last two classes.

Yup, great reads. They really explain how important it is to have elite recruiting classes. Clemson has the 4th most 5 stars in the nation and the 3rd least amount of 3 stars. LOL @ Notre Dame, but regardless they still have mainly blue chips on their team.
If you read them then you saw Dabo didn't start getting elite classes for a few years.

The blue-chip ratio is real. I agree with that.

Manny has been coach for 6 months.
The program was a disaster in December.
Right now he has 7 blue-chip recruits out of 20 committed.

He also has "recruited" 3 blue-chip transfers Martel, Bolden and Phillips.
Although Trevon Hill was a 3-star a few year's back, I'd count him as a blue-chip as well.

We have a little momentum.
If over the next 6 months we can close out with 5 or 6 more studs, coach would be close to 50% all-in.

Advertisement
The star ratio thing has some validity when talking about NCs. But anyone expecting us to win a NC right away is goofy as fck. We’re not there.

What Manny needs to do is have a good year and build some momentum. Then, he needs to follow that up with another good year and not fall on his face. We haven’t strung together two good years in 17 years.

What we can’t do is tank because the vultures will immediately come out, and the toxicity will consume the program like it’s done the last 4 coaches.

We don’t have the blue chip ratio to win a NC, but we have enough blue chips to win 10 games, win the Coastal, and win a big bowl. Then, we’ll have enough to do the same thing or a little better in 2020. That’s how we will get out of this 17 year nightmare.

Dudes need to get out of this NC or bust mentality because it ain’t happening any time too soon. Build it back up. Then start thinking about NCs.

I'm no mathematician but I think 7 blue chips and 13 three stars makes it over 50% blue chips.
So...over 50% is by definition a majority.
So according to you by your own words we are on out way to winning a title!!!!!

You are incorrect. We are at a 35% blue chip ratio. Also, 50% is the bare minimum needed to be considered elite. If you look at the 3 teams that have made the finals in the past 4 years their blue chip ratio is closer to 75%.

Advertisement
If you read them then you saw Dabo didn't start getting elite classes for a few years.

He also ended up having schitty seasons with those non elite classes. By the time he actually made the playoffs his team was stacked with 5 stars so that strengthens the point that you need blue chips to win big.

I think the OP is bringing up an objectively good point about too many 3* players, or rather, very low graded 3* players in the class

Consider this:
1. We have the lowest avg ranking per commit of any team in the top 15. So yet again we are in the top because of volume, not quality
2. Even if we absolutely hit it out of the park and signed everyone in the class now AND close with Walker, Denis, Worsham, Austin-Cave, Williams and George PLUS we get luckier than we ever have in history and pull Flowe and Washington, we still would likely not even crack the top 5. It might not even beat our 2018 class per 247.

We are depending on evaluations hitting. I think they will hit, especially on the DL. But let’s not pretend we have some juggernaut class right now. It has potential to be great if we hit our evals and we keep our commits (historically not the case).

I think the OPs post is poorly timed. It’s too early before we see what the fall rankings bring. It’s also poorly articulated and comes off as *****y on what should be a good day. The kid we got today is a physical specimen with room to grow. Overall, though, our class is not on track to be elite Top 5 status. We will need some prospects to get a second look from the services
Right now the class is on pace to finish with at least half of it being 4 stars. And that's just with the guys we are rumored to get. Then you have roberts, height, and mammarelli who are all 4 stars on all sites except 1 and are at 88 on the composite. They could get there 4th star with good seasons.

Advertisement
He did land a top class. He had the #1 rated class on rivals. 247 wasnt around. Scout rated miami’s class #1, which is actually an example of a class being overrated because of the amount of kids signed. Miami signed the same amount of kids, yet Saban signed NINE more blue chip recruits than miami did that year. 75% of saban’s class were blue chip recruits. That class was absurd and is actually one of the best classes in cfb history. Bringing up Saban’s #1 overall 2008 class is comical

It is easy to comprehend. Im not even down on manny. He just isnt an A+ recruiter yet. He’s not like Meyer, who came into UF and landed the #1 class. He is not doing what he needs to be doing on the trail to put hs in position to compete.He will have to win recruiting battles by doing well on the field, so his window is short.
Everyone has a short window in a p5 school now a days. I understand the blue chip ratio and I’m not disputing it. But trying to compare what Meyer and saban did is a tall task for anyone.
Your asking Manny a first time head coach to beat out 3 schools that no one is beating on the trail.
Bama Clemson and uga have basically swallowed all the 5 star and elite kids the last few cycles from
Everyone. From what little I know it looks like we at least beat Kirby for Chaney and Rivers.
I know a lot of the dudes are 3 stars. But I just don’t think some of the dudes we have should be ranked that low. But at the very least we are adressing the depth situation that has been horrendous even when cmr was here. I posted that at least we will have practice with dudes who can play instead of with dudes who can’t crack an fcs squad. That was the reason I posted the 2008 class for bama. 32 kids who can play will do wonders for development and competition. Hopefully we put it together and for the 21 class we won’t have to wait for senior year evals for star bumps. But this is more than I expected considering what happened at the end of the season.

Man after the nightmare that was last year y’all complaining about recruiting already. Give it to December before team never touch a ****y starts their complaining and *****ing.

Advertisement
Back