Manny basically has a one year window

Advertisement
lol Saban had one of the best classes ever in his first full year as head coach. Alabama had the #1 class
2008 class. It’s ranked high cause he took 32 kids
9D58102D-004B-426F-8444-EC325EEA66C5.png

2012 - 10 blue chip, 10 other
2013 - 11 blue chip, 11 other
2014 - 10 blue chip, 9 other
2015 - 12 blue chip, 12 other
2016 - 12 blue chip, 8 other

Anyone willing to guess whose classes those are?

You're right, its national champion Clemson. I guess you don't need 18 blue chippers/class to win it all.

It actually doesnt. The blue chip ratio holds every year. The title winner every single year has a 50%+ blue chip ratio except I think auburn in 2010. So if we get Cam newton, cool. Otherwise, it will lead to the same results weve had over the last fifteen years.

The facts about blue chip ratios for title teams are indisputable. Only our fan base is ridiculous enough to not understand this.

Then again this is the same group that gets a boner when Lance Roffles tells them our latest 2-star signee will be good because “90% of All Conference players have 3 inch pinkies and were born to mother’s with B cups during the spring.”

Advertisement
2012 - 10 blue chip, 10 other
2013 - 11 blue chip, 11 other
2014 - 10 blue chip, 9 other
2015 - 12 blue chip, 12 other
2016 - 12 blue chip, 8 other

Anyone willing to guess whose classes those are?

You're right, its national champion Clemson. I guess you don't need 18 blue chippers/class to win it all.

55 blue chips
50 non blue chips

Compare that to our last two classes

14 blue chips
24 non blue chips

Now you see how far off we are

I think the OP is bringing up an objectively good point about too many 3* players, or rather, very low graded 3* players in the class

Consider this:
1. We have the lowest avg ranking per commit of any team in the top 15. So yet again we are in the top because of volume, not quality
2. Even if we absolutely hit it out of the park and signed everyone in the class now AND close with Walker, Denis, Worsham, Austin-Cave, Williams and George PLUS we get luckier than we ever have in history and pull Flowe and Washington, we still would likely not even crack the top 5. It might not even beat our 2018 class per 247.

We are depending on evaluations hitting. I think they will hit, especially on the DL. But let’s not pretend we have some juggernaut class right now. It has potential to be great if we hit our evals and we keep our commits (historically not the case).

I think the OPs post is poorly timed. It’s too early before we see what the fall rankings bring. It’s also poorly articulated and comes off as *****y on what should be a good day. The kid we got today is a physical specimen with room to grow. Overall, though, our class is not on track to be elite Top 5 status. We will need some prospects to get a second look from the services

Advertisement
LOL and 24 of them were 4 and 5 stars. It was highly rated because it was a great class.
And again he had a full year and a season of coaching as well as his history of winning and didn’t land a top class despite taking 32 kids. Not taking anything away from saban. But no one here is comprehending why you’re so down on manny’s recruiting when he also just got here and we’re coming of a bad season. And he is beating our in state rivals for kids. Yes we would all like to be landing multiple 5 star kids. But the quality of kids he’s getting and the depth he is building is impressive for a first time head coach walking into a les than optimal situation.

And again he had a full year and a season of coaching as well as his history of winning and didn’t land a top class despite taking 32 kids. Not taking anything away from saban. But no one here is comprehending why you’re so down on manny’s recruiting when he also just got here and we’re coming of a bad season. And he is beating our in state rivals for kids. Yes we would all like to be landing multiple 5 star kids. But the quality of kids he’s getting and the depth he is building is impressive for a first time head coach walking into a les than optimal situation.

He did land a top class. He had the #1 rated class on rivals. 247 wasnt around. Scout rated miami’s class #1, which is actually an example of a class being overrated because of the amount of kids signed. Miami signed the same amount of kids, yet Saban signed NINE more blue chip recruits than miami did that year. 75% of saban’s class were blue chip recruits. That class was absurd and is actually one of the best classes in cfb history. Bringing up Saban’s #1 overall 2008 class is comical

It is easy to comprehend. Im not even down on manny. He just isnt an A+ recruiter yet. He’s not like Meyer, who came into UF and landed the #1 class. He is not doing what he needs to be doing on the trail to put hs in position to compete.He will have to win recruiting battles by doing well on the field, so his window is short.

What are you guys mad about? Do you think we are winning anything of note with 7 blue chips and 13 three stars? Seriously? There’s empirical irrefutable evidence that says you need majority blue chips to win a title. This recruiting is disastrous

I'm no mathematician but I think 7 blue chips and 13 three stars makes it over 50% blue chips.
So...over 50% is by definition a majority.
So according to you by your own words we are on out way to winning a title!!!!!

55 blue chips
50 non blue chips

Compare that to our last two classes

14 blue chips
24 non blue chips

Now you see how far off we are

2016 - 9 blue chip, 10 other
2017 - 10, 14
2018 - 15, 8
2019 - 8, 11
2020 - 7, 13

49 blue chip, 56 non. Want to guess whose classes those are?

Good for 47%. Add hill bolden martell, probably closer to you’re almighty 50

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Not for long. If you haven’t noticed, teams with less than 50% blue chip ratio don’t win anything
Have you read any of the threads breaking down Clemson and ND's recruiting classes over the last 6 classes? Chill man, let Manny work.

I'm no mathematician but I think 7 blue chips and 13 three stars makes it over 50% blue chips.
So...over 50% is by definition a majority.
So according to you by your own words we are on out way to winning a title!!!!!

Hope Toro does not stand for Toronto

Have you read any of the threads breaking down Clemson and ND's recruiting classes over the last 6 classes? Chill man, let Manny work.

Clemson last year had 46 blue chips and 24 others on their roster.

LOL at notre dame. Notre dame is a joke.

Advertisement
Back