Manny basically has a one year window

Please go see nick saban and his 1st class in Alabama in 2007.
And that was a coach that had won a title, had bags and also coached in the nfl.
Also if you think some of the dudes we have will stay 3 stars then I have some beachfront property in Arizona to sell you.
Not saying manny is saban. But we have a lot of quality players in this class and a stud QB.
And it’s not done yet.

lol Saban had one of the best classes ever in his first full year as head coach. Alabama had the #1 class

Advertisement
I’ll play:

Add 4 stars:
Worsham
Denis
Chantz Williams

That puts us 13-10 3 star to 4 star.

Add 3 star:
Cave

Puts us 14-10 before the season. Factor in attrition and bumps and we’ll probably be just over the 50% mark by signing day. I don’t see any of our current 4 stars getting knocked down as they already did Keyshawn Washington, Mammarelli, and Riggins.

I don’t really care about your opinion of these guys, sorry. Counting stars leads you to some pretty easy conclusions that are based on empirical evidence. Recruiting a ton of three stars doesn’t win you anything of note
Man if that was true all those championships we won under Coker in the mid 2000s were awesome.

Advertisement
I’ll play:

Add 4 stars:
Worsham
Denis
Chantz Williams

That puts us 13-10 3 star to 4 star.

Add 3 star:
Cave

Puts us 14-10 before the season. Factor in attrition and bumps and we’ll probably be just over the 50% mark by signing day. I don’t see any of our current 4 stars getting knocked down as they already did Keyshawn Washington, Mammarelli, and Riggins.

Let’s hope. Let’s also hope we can add some real four star stable boys in place of the three stars. get up to like 18-19 four stars

Advertisement
It’s obvious he doesn’t have the recruiting juice of a guy like Meyer. A class with this many three stars is disastrous if youre trying to win the acc. I

Manny needs to have a ten win season or end the year on a roll with a big bowl win, or **** never be able to recruit well enough and will end up in the same cycle as Shannon and Golden. Year 2 will be disappointing due to the horrific 2019 class, and well be stuck recruiting 60% three stats. And Manny will be done at that point.

He needs to make an impression this year so we can recruit like a big time program again. Need elite talent. Four first rounders over the last ten years...disaster. Need a huge jump in the blue chip ratio
please stfu

Ok, well I'll get the conversation going.

I'm not sold on Hodges
Not crazy about Flagg. He feels like a Golden recruit.
Not really feeling Worsham (sp?) I don't see anything special there
We shouldn't be slow playing Parrish and need another RB

There. Some specific gripes. It would make logical sense if you're just going to take a general crap on recruiting right now you might have some specifics to go on rather than counting stars.
wow, 3 guys out of the whole 20 we have committed. you people make me laugh.

Advertisement
Last years top 10- every single team except for WSU was also in the top 12.

The only exceptions are schools like wisconsin, tcu, etc. basically schools that we’ve obviously had trouble beating, but schools that arent competing for championship.

The talent is not remotely close where it needs to be and three stars arent getting us there. Need some real plowboys to make a move
tenor.gif

No he doesn't.

Current roster strength:
5 stars: 3
4 stars: 35
3 stars: 32
2 stars: 5
Unraked: 4

By my count (and I could be wrong), barring early departures here's what we definitely lose after this season:

5 Stars: -
4 Stars: 4 (Scott Patchan, Romeo Finley, Shaq Quarterman, George Brown)
3 Stars: 5 (Robert Knowles, Patrick Bethel, Tyreic Martin, Mike Pickney, Zack McCloud)

This is of course not counting potential early departures, like Jeff Thomas.

At present, our 2020 class stands at:

5 Stars: -
4 Stars: 10
3 Stars: 9

If nothing else changes (which of course is unlikely), we'll end up with a stronger team in 2021 than this season. However we could see attrition in other ways, such as transfers. But it's not a complete doom and gloom situation.

Advertisement
If I didn't know any better I would have thought this was a Florida Gator thread. Y'all sound like a bunch of star whores.

I guarantee Miami's blue chip is right around 50%. They don't factor in transfers. Martell - 4 star, KJ - 4 star, Phillips - 4 star, Bolden - 4 star.

Same people
Let’s hope. Let’s also hope we can add some real four star stable boys in place of the three stars. get up to like 18-19 four stars

That would be nice but unrealistic unless some major bumps happen (which they won’t cause we all know how the sites work).

Advertisement
Back