Manny basically has a one year window

Advertisement
Beats yours. Name the guys you think aren't UM caliber. It isn't a trick question.

It actually doesnt. The blue chip ratio holds every year. The title winner every single year has a 50%+ blue chip ratio except I think auburn in 2010. So if we get Cam newton, cool. Otherwise, it will lead to the same results weve had over the last fifteen years.

Advertisement
So Saban, Dabo, etc didn't want film either. Manny and CIS are the only people that watch tapes.
How many recruiting battles have we won against Alabama and Clemson? I’ll wait. Just because a recruit is not wanted by national championship teams doesn’t mean they are not good recruits or not worthy of playing for them. I’ll take Height all day any day! Great size, explosive, and athletic. 6’5 220 LB in HS with a year to grow more in HS. Come on man.

The people who think we should be recruiting with Clemson and Bama on a yearly basis are far more in denial than anyone who approves of this class.

You apparently don’t get my point here. It makes sense that we aren’t recruiting on par with them right now. But if Manny isn’t able to get the juice flowing after this season, he never will.

This shows our talent composition from last year. Sandwiched between tamu and Stanford. That is about right. And that is where we will stay if Miami doesn’t pick it up by doing wel on the field.

All of the top schools like georgia ohio state alabama and clemson just arent watching film. Thats why they are loading up with four and five stars

Really revolutionary what Manny and posters like @Dmorgan15 are doing. No college has ever pop in tapes of HS players. Saban just goes on 247 and offers them. I think we might win a championship this year with this new method of watching game tape that no other coach has ever done.

It actually doesnt. The blue chip ratio holds every year. The title winner every single year has a 50%+ blue chip ratio except I think auburn in 2010. So if we get Cam newton, cool. Otherwise, it will lead to the same results weve had over the last fifteen years.
Ok, well I'll get the conversation going.

I'm not sold on Hodges
Not crazy about Flagg. He feels like a Golden recruit.
Not really feeling Worsham (sp?) I don't see anything special there
We shouldn't be slow playing Parrish and need another RB

There. Some specific gripes. It would make logical sense if you're just going to take a general crap on recruiting right now you might have some specifics to go on rather than counting stars.

Advertisement

How many recruiting battles have we won against Alabama and Clemson? I’ll wait. Just because a recruit is not wanted by national championship teams doesn’t mean they are not good recruits or not worthy of playing for them. I’ll take Height all day any day! Great size, explosive, and athletic. 6’5 220 LB in HS with a year to grow more in HS. Come on man.

Changing the goal post. Now it is "we never beat Clemson/Bame for recruits" before it was YoU GuYZ don'T WaTCH TaPE. Lets get some recruits that the 2nd tier of teams want since BaMA is too STrong. Fighting GT, Virginia, Wake etc for recruits is laughable.

Advertisement
Really revolutionary what Manny and posters like @Dmorgan15 are doing. No college has ever pop in tapes of HS players. Saban just goes on 247 and offers them. I think we might win a championship this year with this new method of watching game tape that no other coach has ever done.
You can’t be serious

I'm not sold on Hodges

There. Some specific gripes. It would make logical sense if you're just going to take a general crap on recruiting right now you might have some specifics to go on rather than counting stars.

I don’t really care about your opinion of these guys, sorry. Counting stars leads you to some pretty easy conclusions that are based on empirical evidence. Recruiting a ton of three stars doesn’t win you anything of note

It’s obvious he doesn’t have the recruiting juice of a guy like Meyer. A class with this many three stars is disastrous if youre trying to win the acc. I

Manny needs to have a ten win season or end the year on a roll with a big bowl win, or **** never be able to recruit well enough and will end up in the same cycle as Shannon and Golden. Year 2 will be disappointing due to the horrific 2019 class, and well be stuck recruiting 60% three stats. And Manny will be done at that point.

He needs to make an impression this year so we can recruit like a big time program again. Need elite talent. Four first rounders over the last ten years...disaster. Need a huge jump in the blue chip ratio

giphy.gif

Advertisement

I'm not sold on Hodges

What do you not like about Flagg?

You apparently don’t get my point here. It makes sense that we aren’t recruiting on par with them right now. But if Manny isn’t able to get the juice flowing after this season, he never will.

This shows our talent composition from last year. Sandwiched between tamu and Stanford. That is about right. And that is where we will stay if Miami doesn’t pick it up by doing wel on the field.

Last years top 10- every single team except for WSU was also in the top 12.

The only exceptions are schools like wisconsin, tcu, etc. basically schools that we’ve obviously had trouble beating, but schools that arent competing for championship.

The talent is not remotely close where it needs to be and three stars arent getting us there. Need some real plowboys to make a move

What are you guys mad about? Do you think we are winning anything of note with 7 blue chips and 13 three stars? Seriously? There’s empirical irrefutable evidence that says you need majority blue chips to win a title. This recruiting is disastrous
Please go see nick saban and his 1st class in Alabama in 2007.
And that was a coach that had won a title, had bags and also coached in the nfl.
Also if you think some of the dudes we have will stay 3 stars then I have some beachfront property in Arizona to sell you.
Not saying manny is saban. But we have a lot of quality players in this class and a stud QB.
And it’s not done yet.

Advertisement
Back