Manny and WQAM and other thoughts (long)

Many of us said earlier in the season that Manny has no idea how to fix this disease. Changing the culture of a program is one of the hardest things to do - he tried with style but it backfired. When he alludes to the 2020 class not letting this happen on their watch...the problem is that every recruiting class says this. So why doesn't it work? The answer is simple - once they get to the school, they are infected by the disease that starts from the top down. I guarantee you this senior class would be the leaders that Manny wants them to be if the right coach was in charge. The team not taking things seriously at this point in the season is 100% on Manny.

Advertisement
I watched the game on Saturday. It was fairly obvious:

We lost to FIU because of coaching.

We lost to GT because of coaching.

Not players. Not 'culture.'

Coaching.
While I don't necessarily disagree with you... If you watch the end of that GT game, the players looked like they just wanted to go home. They missed 29 tackles in that game and they were completely emotionless after a TFL in overtime. I'm not giving Manny a pass here, this FIU loss has to be on the coaches, but the players are not untouchable when they are jogging behind plays and throwing arm tackles.

So what you're saying is the guys that have been with him for 4 yrs, don't respect him?

Its almost as if he got too close to them. He didn't draw that line between, "Yeah we are buds but I am your HC now so get your a$$ in gear". You know how people say to not ever have your children look at you like their "Big brother or Big sister"? That there has to be a line they cant cross and know that at the end of the day, you are the mom/dad...Well, Manny never had that moment with his Srs. They knew him as "Manny my DC, my bro, my friend". And now that its time to put foot to a$$, its tough for him to change it up. Just throwing theories out there of course.

Lol at he doesn’t know how to fix it. Well no ****. Here comes the manny excuse brigade. Of course he wants to fix it but news flash he doesn’t know how because he’s not head coaching material. Half that team are his ******* players, and his vaunted defense just gave up 30 points to FIU.

Please stop the excuse making. He’s the one rolling in on FSU coaching clinics with beers, riding in on yachts, forcing the turnover chain and touchdown rings on the players (when they didn’t even want it). He’s the one that allows participation plaques to be given to players. He’s the one that played jarren after jarren went awol when he lost his starting spot. He let Tate skip practice when he didn’t win the starting job. He’s the one that tracks players celebrating (lol). It’s his players dancing on the sidelines while losing to FIU. why doesn’t he walk his ***** *** over and send them to the locker room.

GTFOH excusing his role in the failure of this team over the last four years. The players don’t respect him or his staff nor should they when he’s not given them a single reason to.

He can’t fix the disease because he is patient zero. He just doesn’t want to admit it.

Advertisement
You fix the culture by benching the ones playing around. You telling me there aren’t players on the bench hungry for a chance to get some real game action? Shaq and Pickney not filling their gaps in their senior season it’s time for a change. Sam should’ve been getting major PT and game action.

we are just screwed

Many of us said earlier in the season that Manny has no idea how to fix this disease. Changing the culture of a program is one of the hardest things to do - he tried with style but it backfired. When he alludes to the 2020 class not letting this happen on their watch...the problem is that every recruiting class says this. So why doesn't it work? The answer is simple - once they get to the school, they are infected by the disease that starts from the top down. I guarantee you this senior class would be the leaders that Manny wants them to be if the right coach was in charge. The team not taking things seriously at this point in the season is 100% on Manny.

Can't argue with any of this. Manny did take responsibility for everything that happened over the course of this entire year. Now whether he learns from that and take it into next year and not make the same mistakes is the question..

All valid points OP. But others responding with the observation about him being unable to fix the problem are also correct.

Tried to give him the benefit of the doubt as much as possible, but it's time for a total reset of athetics here, from the top down.

Advertisement
Lol at he doesn’t know how to fix it. Well no ****. Here comes the manny excuse brigade. Of course he wants to fix it but news flash he doesn’t know how because he’s not head coaching material. Half that team are his ******* players, and his vaunted defense just gave up 30 points to FIU.

Please stop the excuse making. He’s the one rolling in on FSU coaching clinics with beers, riding in on yachts, forcing the turnover chain and touchdown rings on the players (when they didn’t even want it). He’s the one that allows participation plaques to be given to players. He’s the one that played jarren after jarren went awol when he lost his starting spot. He let Tate skip practice when he didn’t win the starting job. He’s the one that tracks players celebrating (lol). It’s his players dancing on the sidelines while losing to FIU. why doesn’t he walk his ***** *** over and send them to the locker room.

GTFOH excusing his role in the failure of this team over the last four years. The players don’t respect him or his staff nor should they when he’s not given them a single reason to

What excuse did I make for him? LOL. I didn't say it wasn't his fault. What I said was he wants to fix it, but doesn't know how. In any other profession, that is a fireable offense, I agree. ..But we know Manny isn't getting fired. So what now?

Advertisement
I do want the seniors gone they aren't the leaders we need. Im with him on that. I do also think he thought because of how good the defense is, hire enos and we will win most games this will be easy. This is a wake up call for him and i too hope he humbles himself and figures it out. Because if we are doing this again next year he needs to go. The presser after the game sounded the same as the radio show. Someone that thought he had it figured out, that just got punched in the face. well lets see what he does after the season.

This loss hurts alot but the season was over after GT no excuse to losing to FIU but i was already not caring as much, but they had me fooled after Louie i thought they figured it out as well.

He is over his head... we had no business hiring someone like him.
Coaches have to command respect.... put a hole through the black board if you have to... or pull some scholarships.

The QB room is a mess.. i am not talking skill wise. There are no leaders.. Jarren does not command respect and neither does Kosi. They both can leave at the end of the season... don't care either way.

He hired a bunch of no good assistants.. I am not sure if he has the cajones to clean house... thst is where respect starts.. when you start holding people accountable, including his coaching buddies.... and then on to the players. They have to know that they will be held accountable or they will be shown the door. Players feared Howard and JJ... enough of these dancing, pat me on the back nonsense. That works for women's soccer and volleyball... not football.

Last edited:
Advertisement
stopped reading one I got to the third point about play calling. The maybe the kids are not sold on your coaches homie!!!! coaches think kids are stupid and the players are not. Think about that 4th down play. If the players were not afraid to make a change, don't you think the qb and wr would have done something to take advantage. The leadership of the school is the problem from BOT to Blake to Manny. Remember when Gee fought for Tressel and the qb at OSU. he was the president of the school, not the AD!!! Thank about the president who went to Florida and brought Meyers with him, after he brought from to Bowling Green and Utah! We need that.

If he doesn’t know how to fix it, then there’s no point in bringing him back.

But I wouldn’t expect him to know how to fix it since he was a part of building this current roster anyways.

Exactly. This is what you get when you hire the coach from the previously failed staff. Manny was a part of the culture and you need a complete break with all new folks to change it. That we've now done this twice in recent history shows the ineptitude of our AD and BOT.

Manny blamed the players.
Of course he did. That’s all he does.

I’ve seen players wave off the *** touchdown rings only to be forced to wear them. Whose fault is that? Sounds like the players have more pride than manny does.

He’s a bull**** car salesman that’s trying to con his way out of the hole he’s dig himself in.

Advertisement
Back