MANNY (5 YEAR PLAN?)

Advertisement
All I hope for the rest of 2020 is that we win all the games we should and not play down to competition while develop all the young guys we can at WR and LB. We do that we'll bring in a big time recruiting class to spring board us into year 3

They aren’t the same circumstances here. Bottom line is that Manny had the horses to win 9 last year and has the horses to win 10 this year. This is his defense, and the offense has a ton of talent relative to our conference and schedule, and is lead by vet QB who is a player. We weren’t going to beat Clemson this year, I would not expect us to beat ND but the rest of the schedule has to be handled with a mistake allotted for a slip up.

The main selling job on Manny's hire was that he knew the ins and outs of the team and that this would be a quick turn around.

We're really now talking about 5 year rebuild plans? Why? That defeats the original reason of why he was hired. Our defense is nowhere near championship caliber, and this has been his defense the last 5 years. His recruits. What do you expect to change?

Advertisement
One of the top in the nation in tackles for losses and sacks the previous three seasons, but its not his job anymore it's Blake's. Manny just has to eliminate the last few weak links on the staff.

Manny's defenses always go for splash plays and turnovers. In reality, it's an above average defense.

They aren’t the same circumstances here. Bottom line is that Manny had the horses to win 9 last year and has the horses to win 10 this year. This is his defense, and the offense has a ton of talent relative to our conference and schedule, and is lead by vet QB who is a player. We weren’t going to beat Clemson this year, I would not expect us to beat ND but the rest of the schedule has to be handled with a mistake allotted for a slip up.
For the most part, yes. Every game last year was winnable. The problem(s) with the team last year was the terrible offensive staff (especially Enos), a mentally immature QB1, and not good enough backup QBs (one who was a bad fit for the offence and highly overrated, the other who has to be taught how to read a defense). Then you also have a bad defensive staff and LBs who were athletically limited (which you could somewhat get around if you scheme properly - see Venables LBs last night).

We weren't going to beat Clemson; however, you'd hope to see proper preparation when you have two weeks to scheme. Or some offensive adjustments in the second half yesterday. This was a popular complaint last season about Manny as well (vs. NC; vs. Va Tech; vs. FIU).

Wanted to add: I really am not impressed with ND (gave up 405 yard to FSU last night) and NC is beatable (but I'll wait and see how we respond this week).

Dabo didn’t have the recruiting base or tradition Um has
Also he had less coordinator experience than manny
Dabo actually played Football in Alabama while Manny was the water boy at Florida State. He understands what it takes to play right and win. His players respect and believe in him. On top of that, he’s incredibly creative on Offense. Dabo is a racist savage. Let’s stop (not directing this to you) comparing the two. They are not cut from the same cloth.

Well since we just faced the #1 Program in the land let's review quickly how they got there. Dabo much like Manuel was on staff years before taking over as a first time leader. He took over in 2009 his first two seasons he had to learn by trial and error. His 3rd season he turned a corner. After making staff changes he finally found the right mix and by his 5th year he turned another corner finished in AP top 10. Found his QB Watson afterwards and hit a home run winning 2 rings afterwards and the rest is history.

The point is whether good or bad Mandy is in year 2 of a 5 year plan since he's a first year guy. He's learning by trial and error with the biggest positive so far is he can be flexible making necessary changes in off season, plus a decent recruiter. This is year two and we have a lot of energy back around the program but we still need time to reach that upper elite status that Clemson, Ohio St, Alabama is in. If we keep stacking top ten classes for next 3 years and eliminate the week links on the staff Manny can turn out to be the right guy. If by year 5 we still aren't in élite status then we'll just remove him and the next coach will have a very talented team.

Moral of the story is teams don't lose to FIU, Georgia tech, get shutout by Louisiana technicians, and then turn around and compete with Clemson, Bama, or Ohio st the very next year.

View attachment 133496
Hope. Is. Not. A. Strategy.

Advertisement
For the most part, yes. Every game last year was winnable. The problem(s) with the team last year was the terrible offensive staff (especially Enos), a mentally immature QB1, and not good enough backup QBs (one who was a bad fit for the offence and highly overrated, the other who has to be taught how to read a defense). Then you also have a bad defensive staff and LBs who were athletically limited (which you could somewhat get around if you scheme properly - see Venables LBs last night).

We weren't going to beat Clemson; however, you'd hope to see proper preparation when you have two weeks to scheme. Or some offensive adjustments in the second half yesterday. This was a popular complaint last season about Manny as well (vs. NC; vs. Va Tech; vs. FIU).

Wanted to add: I really am not impressed with ND (gave up 405 yard to FSU last night) and NC is beatable (but I'll wait and see how we respond this week).
Coming out flat after every bye week is damning a far as I’m concerned when it comes to Manny’s corch status.

Manny gets positive reviews for what’s he’s done for the offense. He made a mistake with Enos, and corrected it with Lashlee. He switch to a spread offense. He got rid bad OL and WRs coaches. Justice and Likens appear to be solid hires, so far. I know last night was awful for all three but no one is going to completely turn around the UM roster in a single offseason. Which they didn’t have. Now I want to see how these three recruit.

Manny gets negative reviews for what he hasn’t done for defense. Evaluate. He’s surrounded by ‘his guys’, with the exception of Rumph. He needs to be a real CEO-type and made some hard decisions.

Has the OP heard of probabilities?

Certainly, nobody was remotely impressed by Dabo after he went 6-7 in his second full season. (Although I think it’s different than Manny’s situation for the reasons I discussed in my last post.) However, coaches who turn programs around after unimpressive starts are not the norm. For every Dabo, there’s about 30 Goldens who continue to do nothing for their whole tenure.

Has the OP heard of probabilities?

Certainly, nobody was remotely impressed by Dabo after he went 6-7 in his second full season. (Although I think it’s different than Manny’s situation for the reasons I discussed in my last post.) However, coaches who turn programs around after unimpressive starts are not the norm. For every Dabo, there’s about 30 Goldens who continue to do nothing for their whole tenure.
Bingo!

Advertisement
Coming out flat after every bye week is damning a far as I’m concerned when it comes to Manny’s corch status.
Agreed. It was mentioned in another forum; Manny is in over his head and other coaches see what needs to be said again... He's a nice guy, he's smart and kids like him. That's great if he's a school teacher, not at a P5 school like Miami.

Manny scares no one; he should have been in the refs asses in quite a few games. **** an Unsportmanlike Penalty! We're already getting screwed on blatant calls. And bench underperforming players. Why step up your game as a player if there is no reprecussion for stupid mistakes and poor effort? He doesn't have to be a screaming psycopath like that lisping @$$hole Lou Holtz or berate everyone like that midget egomaniac Nick Saban but show some ALPHA tendencies. Just sayin....

CORCHING 101

It took bama multiple years to be super loaded and get to that elite status
Your statement couldn’t be far her from the truth and your basically just making BS up. Saban went undefeated in his second season 08 and lost the sec title game to the eventual NC gaytors. Then the next year which is year 3 he destroyed the gaytors and won the national championship. That’s sure as **** doesn’t sound like multiple years.

Had a chat with a few Clemson fans.

A) arent they surprised about the game. Its classic Clemson, the bigger the game, the bigger they play. B) Venables has his stuff ready. Always has, always will. C) Dabo plans the whole season with every practice and meeting months before the season. He holds everyone accountable to a certain standard and if you fall below that, you are benched. Including him (see the blocked FG). This is where we have to go. Is Manny that guy? Probably not. Too nice.
Manny will never be that guy. He can’t even hold the average players he has now accountable. Guy was just a bad hire by a lazy administration. We’re all used to the crap by now. It’s just wash and repeat.

Advertisement
One of the top in the nation in tackles for losses and sacks the previous three seasons, but its not his job anymore it's Blake's. Manny just has to eliminate the last few weak links on the staff.
The defense also leads the nation in giving up plays of 10 yards or more to the offense. Guess you forgot to mention that Glaring deficiency glaring deficiency with manny/blakes defense! Smh

Dabo is the Shnellenberger of Clemson. He took over a program that not only was mediocre immediately before he took over, but also really didn't have that much football history period.

And he was coaching in South Carolina, not South Florida.

Of course it would take Dabo a while to get Clemson going.

Y'all leaving out the 5 star Florida recruits who chose to take their talents to these so called juggernaut programs while spurning the hometown team in the process but carry on..

And can we please stop with this turnover chain this until we turnover this horrible defensive staff first or actually dominate we suppose to dominate jeez same ish different year We Need dawgs on the recruiting trail 🚫🧢

Advertisement
Back