MANNY (5 YEAR PLAN?)

hes been here 5 years coaching the defense and the linebackers how that unit doing?
Exactly, mack brown fired his *** for a reason, he's not a very good football coach. At Texas he had more talent by a mile than anyone he played sans OU, and couldn't get the job done. Mack took him to school last year, and you know damm good and well Mandy had that one circled. I'm sure he wanted to kick Mack's *** so bad he could taste it, mack did fire him mid year. Mack will take him back to school again this year, with less talent mind you. Thats coaching, and Mandy aint got it, and let the record show, I hate mack brown. I never did figure out what was on his resume that would make anybody think he could be a HC at this level, unless said employer was not that concerned with trying to get back where we once lived. That could be exactly why they didn't hire BD, lord knows we don't wanna get back to those 2000-2003/4 days that was brutal.

Advertisement
Well since we just faced the #1 Program in the land let's review quickly how they got there. Dabo much like Manuel was on staff years before taking over as a first time leader. He took over in 2009 his first two seasons he had to learn by trial and error. His 3rd season he turned a corner. After making staff changes he finally found the right mix and by his 5th year he turned another corner finished in AP top 10. Found his QB Watson afterwards and hit a home run winning 2 rings afterwards and the rest is history.

The point is whether good or bad Mandy is in year 2 of a 5 year plan since he's a first year guy. He's learning by trial and error with the biggest positive so far is he can be flexible making necessary changes in off season, plus a decent recruiter. This is year two and we have a lot of energy back around the program but we still need time to reach that upper elite status that Clemson, Ohio St, Alabama is in. If we keep stacking top ten classes for next 3 years and eliminate the week links on the staff Manny can turn out to be the right guy. If by year 5 we still aren't in élite status then we'll just remove him and the next coach will have a very talented team.

Moral of the story is teams don't lose to FIU, Georgia tech, get shutout by Louisiana technicians, and then turn around and compete with Clemson, Bama, or Ohio st the very next year.
y'all keep comparing Manny's start to Dabo and Sabin the two best coaches in cfb lol....what is the probability of their success happening for our coach? I'd say less than 5%....we never talk about 50+ coaches that ultimately failed under the same circumstances...

Manny's defenses always go for splash plays and turnovers. In reality, it's an above average defense.

Defense did enough to keep us in the game.. offense is what **** the bed.. I haven't seen anyone shut down Clemson completely not even Alabama, Ohio State, or LSU.. Manny defense ain't perfect but it's more than adequate enough to win

If he can't walk Baker out then this should be his final season. Sorry *** game planning when you have two weeks to prepare is not P5 caliber. Tired of the gimmicks and smoke. Try it at Temple or less. Not here.

Advertisement
If he can't walk Baker out then this should be his final season. Sorry *** game planning when you have two weeks to prepare is not P5 caliber. Tired of the gimmicks and smoke. Try it at Temple or less. Not here.
I'm tripping to the facts he fired all the offensive side of the ball but left the defense alone. That was weird to me especially that Rumph survived it. It will be a good sign if he cleans house on that side of the ball.

Would be interesting if he kept the recruiters though I wouldn't be against it. Maybe Patke Baker and Rumph need to be let go

I don't mind if Manny has a five-year plan. Those five-year plans didn't work out for the old Soviet Union - BUT - it worked out for UM and Howard Schnellenberger.

Thing is - expectations. They can make current problems tolerable - or make current problems intolerable - unless everyone understands there's a plan - and we're in the early stages of a plan.

So if Manny HAS a five-year plan - then it might behoove him to state that. Howard did.

That way, we know the plan, know the goal, know the timing - and so do players and recruits.

And fans.

Advertisement
Manny has a 2 steps forward, 1 step back philosophy. If I have my maths correct that actually equates to a 7 year plan. We as fans need to be patient.

Advertisement
Back