Manny’s future

I dont know what you're referring to regarding "the Sunday change."

I do agree with your line of thinking in that Manny will likely stay in the sports industry but not in coaching. Again I really dont think he'll be employable as a coach going forward. An NIL company and/or trying his hand at joining an agency are the best guesses. An NIL company makes most sense given this father's network.
Maybe Ariz will give him a job…

Advertisement
I dont know what you're referring to regarding "the Sunday change."

I do agree with your line of thinking in that Manny will likely stay in the sports industry but not in coaching. Again I really dont think he'll be employable as a coach going forward. An NIL company and/or trying his hand at joining an agency are the best guesses. An NIL company makes most sense given this father's network.
Someone had posted that on Saturday the belief was that Manny had gone, but by Sunday, it had changed and Manny Sr was responsible.

The thing about the UM job is that its a pure filter for the invisible hand. Once you take the UM job the marketplace knows exactly what you're truly worth. Guys like Schnelly, JJ, Errickson, and Butch all ended up with multiple high level job offers throughout their careers. Guys like Randy and Golden were never and will never be offered head coaching jobs again. Coker proved to be a sound coach who was best suited for a lower level college program. The market place got him to UT San Antonio before he retired.

I'll go ahead and put Manny in the al golden category. He will never be offered a head coaching job again and likely will never be offered a coordinator job again either. Im not sure Manny will be employable as a coach going forward. The marketplace does not think of him as a coach. My guess is that he goes into sports marketing or something similar after UM Management does what must be done.
Social engineers love to put people into places that the social engineer images they should be in a better world. The result in the real word is putting people into roles they’re not able to handle. It can be devastating to the objects of liberal adoration. Imagine thinking to yourself that there should be more African American cliff divers, then deciding to improve the world by pushing an AA off a cliff because good intentions and historical injustice or whatever. If it turns out they can’t swim let alone dive, oh well, blame others. That’s effectively what UM Admin did to Randy and Manny.

The cruelty is in the indifference of the planners. Manny was fodder for them.

He's going to be the Cuban version of Randy Shannon. Rehab his name then DC somewhere...
Randy was authentic. He actually played football. He actually grew up in a tough environment that kids can relate to and vice versa. Manny is nothing like Randy. He’s just going to go into some other industry.

Advertisement
Social engineers love to put people into places that the social engineer images they should be in a better world. The result in the real word is putting people into roles they’re not able to handle. It can be devastating to the objects of liberal adoration. Imagine thinking to yourself that there should be more African American cliff divers, then deciding to improve the world by pushing an AA off a cliff because good intentions and historical injustice or whatever. If it turns out they can’t swim let alone dive, oh well, blame others. That’s effectively what UM Admin did to Randy and Manny.

The cruelty is in the indifference of the planners. Manny was fodder for them.

While I agree with your sentiment, Im not sure I see it fitting this example. I think Manny is just a guy who wanted to be a coach and was able to use his family connections to rise to his own level of incompetence. He'd have failed much earlier or been stuck coaching JV at a local high school had it not been for his family connections.

This. I think Manny ends up on TV. He can communicate well enough to impress the casual fan. But, I think he's done coaching. It would be tough to hire him as a DC, seeing how his defenses performed, and, does anyone know exactly his position of expertise?

Keep in mind that Manny initially tried his career at ESPN. He has neither the voice nor looks for radio or TV. That's why @JD08 and I both believe he'll end up on the sports marketing side of the game after he's done as a coach. JD08 noted the idea that Manny might start an NIL company in south Florida. That might be a great career move for him. He can use daddy's network and work with a bunch of different universities.

While I agree with your sentiment, Im not sure I see it fitting this example. I think Manny is just a guy who wanted to be a coach and was able to use his family connections to rise to his own level of incompetence. He'd have failed much earlier or been stuck coaching JV at a local high school had it not been for his family connections.
eh. I disagree for two reasons. First and most importantly, because that’s non-responsive. It’s not a defense of the social engineers that they picked an unworthy subject by accident. Secondly, it’s not really fakr to manny. Plenty of people have family cojnections. He was ok in his career. It’s the over-promotion that killed him. But you can’t blame him for taking what was offered. Again, the social engineers are the crack peddlers.

Salesman Buying A Car GIF by Carter Chevrolet

Advertisement
Not sure how plugged in he really is but Beast is throwing cold water on all of this. He is saying the BOT are still behind Manny and Blake. TIFWIW.
The beast doesn’t have any connections in the program. He’s a radio personality, that’s it. As soon as it looks like Manny’s firing is imminent he’ll change track and says his insiders are telling him the firing is imminent. As of now he’s just hedging against Miami being competent, and is betting on us keeping Manny through UNC.

The beast doesn’t have any connections in the program. He’s a radio personality, that’s it. As soon as it looks like Manny’s firing is imminent he’ll change track and says his insiders are telling him the firing is imminent. As of now he’s just hedging against Miami being competent, and is betting on us keeping Manny through UNC.
I'm no insider, more of an interloper, but I don't think beast's speculation is far off here based on the little I know. I think he's safe with 6 wins unless we're absolutely massacred once or twice more. The "lost his Heisman quarterback and is stuck with a freshman" excuse will be enough for lazy trustees who don't give a **** or know anything about football. And we know that Blake is going to hammer that line every chance he gets.

I'm no insider, more of an interloper, but I don't think beast's speculation is far off here based on the little I know. I think he's safe with 6 wins unless we're absolutely massacred once or twice more. The "lost his Heisman quarterback and is stuck with a freshman" excuse will be enough for lazy trustees who don't give a **** or know anything about football. And we know that Blake is going to hammer that line every chance he gets.
Heisman QB??...Nah man....And Lol at the Beast....Manny is a Dead man walking....

Manny's real skills are in marketing and promotion.

As much as I despise him as a coach, I gotta admit he is ONE HELLUVA MARKETER

Face facts, and recognize game, the man sold Eskimo coats down here in the tropics and many of us bought those hot heavy ****'s just on his say so.

Put aside your anger at being totally fooled, bamboozled, hoodwinked, ripped off.....You gotta admit he has mad skills in this area or he wouldn't have fooled us in the 1st place

Last edited:
Advertisement
It's not just Ws and Ls. It's the opponents and the style in which we've eaten those Ls.

In year 3 we've already got 2 losses that look just like year 1, and year 1 was bad.

He's gone.

Advertisement
Back