Manny’s future

Advertisement
Manny is gone just a matter of time
So I ask you what do you think is next for manny and his coaches
You think saban would take manny as a GA or maybe **** go back to cutting up film at ESPN
Do you think he’ll get any other coaching job?
Or what about lashlee
Dude. Randy Shannon became the DC and interim coach of The University of Florida.

Anything is possible.

Manny might get a gig on TV, albeit a minor CFB show. Collect his buyout. If he’s smart he’ll solicit advice and learn from the top HCs while he resets.

Schiano did that for a while after the Bucs fired him. IIRC, he spent time shadowing Pete Carroll, and others, to learn how they approach their job, understand their process. Grow. Would depend on if being fired humbled Manny.

Lashlee will get an OC job at G5-level school.
Yeah, with Ricki Ricardo at the Tropicana

Advertisement
Manny is gone just a matter of time
You think saban would take manny as a GA or maybe **** go back to cutting up film at ESPN
Do you think he’ll get any other coaching job?
Or what about lashlee
Who gives a ****

red shawshank.gif

The thing about the UM job is that its a pure filter for the invisible hand. Once you take the UM job the marketplace knows exactly what you're truly worth. Guys like Schnelly, JJ, Errickson, and Butch all ended up with multiple high level job offers throughout their careers. Guys like Randy and Golden were never and will never be offered head coaching jobs again. Coker proved to be a sound coach who was best suited for a lower level college program. The market place got him to UT San Antonio before he retired.

I'll go ahead and put Manny in the al golden category. He will never be offered a head coaching job again and likely will never be offered a coordinator job again either. Im not sure Manny will be employable as a coach going forward. The marketplace does not think of him as a coach. My guess is that he goes into sports marketing or something similar after UM Management does what must be done.

Advertisement
Oxbridge academy in palm beach county is trying to restart their football program, i'm sure they'd take him to be the HC of that project.

Advertisement
If he wants, he will be a DC at an average to below average P5 program. His perceived ties to SFL will serve him well. I could see a school like Maryland, Rutgers, South Carolina, etc taking him.

I expect to happen to Manny what happened to him after he got fired from Texas: DC at a mid-major.
I can see a new hc at uscW wanting Diaz on staff in some capacity. Couldn’t see a big program giving him a dc spot but maybe a co-dc. he should go back to being a position coach so he can land at a elite p5 team and learn how a successful program is run. Take that knowledge and become dc at a good g5 team and go hc at temple

The thing about the UM job is that its a pure filter for the invisible hand. Once you take the UM job the marketplace knows exactly what you're truly worth. Guys like Schnelly, JJ, Errickson, and Butch all ended up with multiple high level job offers throughout their careers. Guys like Randy and Golden were never and will never be offered head coaching jobs again. Coker proved to be a sound coach who was best suited for a lower level college program. The market place got him to UT San Antonio before he retired.

I'll go ahead and put Manny in the al golden category. He will never be offered a head coaching job again and likely will never be offered a coordinator job again either. Im not sure Manny will be employable as a coach going forward. The marketplace does not think of him as a coach. My guess is that he goes into sports marketing or something similar after UM Management does what must be done.
Enos took a position coach job at a mid major and after one year, he became OC at Maryland. He's doing well.

Advertisement

This. I think Manny ends up on TV. He can communicate well enough to impress the casual fan. But, I think he's done coaching. It would be tough to hire him as a DC, seeing how his defenses performed, and, does anyone know exactly his position of expertise?

I’d bet money he goes into the family tree business. He’ll make more there, than he ever did coaching. He’s probably done with football for a while. My guess, but you never really know.

Advertisement
Back