Mandatory AMA for Fenny

RangerGranger

Gnome Sayin'?
@apfenny3

This guy has some brain know-how. And frankly, it's pretty tight having said sir on the board. Peep the brain awards:

Ask away!

Advertisement
No questions but just wanted submit for the official record that Pfenny eats the shrimp ****tail at St. Elmo in Indy and always complains to the staff that it lacks heat. Peyton Manning said he's a wildman.

No questions but just wanted submit for the official record that Pfenny eats the shrimp ****tail at St. Elmo in Indy and always complains to the staff that it lacks heat. Peyton Manning said he's a wildman.

I heard he ate 3 of these and said what's with this weak crap.

Advertisement
Advertisement
@apfenny3

Q: If the AAF were to lift mandatory contract $ numbers, it seems like it would benefit businesses like yours; is this true? Even deeper, why does the AAF have mandatory contract numbers? I feel like it's a real kick in the onions for the players.

Advertisement
@apfenny3

Q: If the AAF were to lift mandatory contract $ numbers, it seems like it would benefit businesses like yours; is this true? Even deeper, why does the AAF have mandatory contract numbers? I feel like it's a real kick in the onions for the players.
Whether they have mandatory $ numbers or not, any other alternative leagues that can pay a living wage are beneficial because it allows an agent to take a chance on more guys that are borderline NFL talent. I think the AAF has the mandatory numbers just because of the uncertainty on their payroll/ livelihood as a league. The XFL is already fully funded for their first 2 seasons, and they will have tiers to their payroll rather than the one size fits all of the AAF.

Whether they have mandatory $ numbers or not, any other alternative leagues that can pay a living wage are beneficial because it allows an agent to take a chance on more guys that are borderline NFL talent. I think the AAF has the mandatory numbers just because of the uncertainty on their payroll/ livelihood as a league. The XFL is already fully funded for their first 2 seasons, and they will have tiers to their payroll rather than the one size fits all of the AAF.

'preciate the insight! CanesIns.... 🌽🌽🌽🌽

What do you think it would take to help players appreciate their degree more and not be as concerned about going to the draft as soon as possible? Especially the ones who are on the borderline of making it or won't make it if they do leave early?

Advertisement
What do you think it would take to help players appreciate their degree more and not be as concerned about going to the draft as soon as possible? Especially the ones who are on the borderline of making it or won't make it if they do leave early?
Some kids already have their minds made up about leaving no matter what their draft status is. I shared draft projections that I got from a handful of NFL scouts with the compliance staff here, who in turn shared that with the coaching staff for them to discuss with the players. Some guys were smart to return this year, would've liked to see Travis and Joe back but I can understand both of their decisions each for separate reasons. I think it would help if some of the guys that did go early and are now either out of football or who slipped in the draft and have had unsteady careers come back and speak with the current crop of players. With that though I know most of those guys hold the mindset that they still don't regret leaving early.

Some kids already have their minds made up about leaving no matter what their draft status is. I shared draft projections that I got from a handful of NFL scouts with the compliance staff here, who in turn shared that with the coaching staff for them to discuss with the players. Some guys were smart to return this year, would've liked to see Travis and Joe back but I can understand both of their decisions each for separate reasons. I think it would help if some of the guys that did go early and are now either out of football or who slipped in the draft and have had unsteady careers come back and speak with the current crop of players. With that though I know most of those guys hold the mindset that they still don't regret leaving early.
Agreed..........but how do you counteract $$$$$$$$$ signs with reasoning and common sense...coming back to speak, will have no effect.
It is a huge task, and the answer is " I can always come back and finish to get a degree".
Question..........How many, do really come back, and get the degree?.
How many come back and say "I have an unsteady career?."
That is the question.
Very few if any.

Advertisement
Back