Man vs Zone Thursday

Advertisement
FWIW, as I've even told some players on this team (who seemed completely unconcerned), my issue with this game is that Renner is an accurate QB and his accuracy goes up like 5% points at home. Those are the types of QBs who've made our zone coverages look bad to very bad.

What do you mean by "completely unconcerned"? Like overlooking ****?

No. You're reachering...a lot.

Response: "They can't hang with us. Not worried at all." This was not a game they were worried about, for whatever that's worth. My guess is Golden will do his best to play up the opponent so that our guys are ready. That's probably the biggest test of the week.

FWIW, as I've even told some players on this team (who seemed completely unconcerned), my issue with this game is that Renner is an accurate QB and his accuracy goes up like 5% points at home. Those are the types of QBs who've made our zone coverages look bad to very bad.

Response: "They can't hang with us. Not worried at all." This was not a game they were worried about, for whatever that's worth. My guess is Golden will do his best to play up the opponent so that our guys are ready. That's probably the biggest test of the week.

Yikes.

****. I guess I wasn't "reachering" a lot at all.

Boys better be ready to play. No doubt we should win but we have to bring it.

It wasn't like they said it this week. My expectation is they'll be coached up into focus. I'm just always weary when that initial belief is that the opponent simply can't hang. Here's to hoping they're right and we do a 45-13 showcase on Thursday night.

Advertisement
Cutty say he can't HANG. Jive-*** dude ain't got no brains anyhow. Sheeeet.

It wasn't like they said it this week. My expectation is they'll be coached up into focus. I'm just always weary when that initial belief is that the opponent simply can't hang. Here's to hoping they're right and we do a 45-13 showcase on Thursday night.

As long as it's in perspective, I want this mentality.

But I want it to be the result of knowing you've worked as hard as you possibly can and that you and your teammates are highly talented. I'd imagine the 00-03 teams, or teams from the glory days would have had this mentality, and told you about it if you asked.

WE NEED MORE SWAG, WE NEED MORE CONFIDENCE, WE NEED MORE ****INESS

/gets scared when our D says a team can't hang with us

Advertisement
They seem to be more business-like this year. They SHOULD beat UNC. Do their job, focus on their responsibilities, and they are the better team. What should happen and what does happen are often different, but I can see why they're confident. It sounds like they are going to make Ebron a focus for the defense to make other kids beat them.

As long as it's in perspective, I want this mentality.

But I want it to be the result of knowing you've worked as hard as you possibly can and that you and your teammates are highly talented. I'd imagine the 00-03 teams, or teams from the glory days would have had this mentality, and told you about it if you asked.

Well we had that mentality going into the Fiasco Bowl, and still got punched right in the face.........

This will be our first real test with a passing offense. We have done well with most offenses this year but none had legit passing games.

UNC will throw the ball, In the past we have played qb with a pulse they have shredded our zone. We will see for sure if this has changed thursday. This is why I still worry about this game. Especially if we sit in zone the majority of the time. Renner is good enough to pick it apart. Hopefully our pass rushers come to eat this game, if not.......

They pass bc they cannot run (114th)
We are 6th in sacks we will be fine

Advertisement
This will be our first real test with a passing offense. We have done well with most offenses this year but none had legit passing games.

UNC will throw the ball, In the past we have played qb with a pulse they have shredded our zone. We will see for sure if this has changed thursday. This is why I still worry about this game. Especially if we sit in zone the majority of the time. Renner is good enough to pick it apart. Hopefully our pass rushers come to eat this game, if not.......

lol UNC just b/c they will throw the ball doesnt mean they are good at it..... they are not. Especially under pressure, Renner is WOAT when he is under pressure and has to make a throw on the move.

Last year UNC's passing didnt beat us, the combination of Gio Bernard and Stephen Morris deciding to take himself out of the game during the last drive b/c of a bs twisted ankle were the reasons.... I have no worries about this game.

and the word "hopefully" in regards to our pass rushers definitely doesnt come to mind..... the game is already over from that stand point alone.

Nah, we lost plain and simple because Morris and our offense, once again, laid an egg against a decent offense. Yes Gio ran wild on us, but all in all our atrocious defense didnt break and kept us in the game by only allowing 18 points. Even then we still had a chance to win the game...... When your starting QB goes for 12/26 150 some yds and has 2 picks, chances are you are gonna lose. This is a different UNC team though, and I expect us to beat them silly, but just want to point out that this loss last year was all on Morris.

lol UNC just b/c they will throw the ball doesnt mean they are good at it..... they are not. Especially under pressure, Renner is WOAT when he is under pressure and has to make a throw on the move.

Last year UNC's passing didnt beat us, the combination of Gio Bernard and Stephen Morris deciding to take himself out of the game during the last drive b/c of a bs twisted ankle were the reasons.... I have no worries about this game.

and the word "hopefully" in regards to our pass rushers definitely doesnt come to mind..... the game is already over from that stand point alone.

Nah, we lost plain and simple because Morris and our offense, once again, laid an egg against a decent offense. Yes Gio ran wild on us, but all in all our atrocious defense didnt break and kept us in the game by only allowing 18 points. Even then we still had a chance to win the game...... When your starting QB goes for 12/26 150 some yds and has 2 picks, chances are you are gonna lose. This is a different UNC team though, and I expect us to beat them silly, but just want to point out that this loss last year was all on Morris.

Did they lose a lot on defense? Butch players all gone now?

Lets put it this way, they are giving our last year's defense a run for their money.........
On that side of the ball, there is no reason this wont be similar to USF.

Advertisement

Lets put it this way, they are giving our last year's defense a run for their money.........

If that's the case I wouldn't be against us electing to receive the ball to start the game & scoring first.

Yes Miami's offense tanked in that game but so did UNC.... but even w/ that said Miami still had a chance to win that game. If Morris didnt take himself out, I think we couldve won on that final drive but that cant be proven anyway.

They're not quite that bad yet, statisticly.

Should be after the game, though.

Dammit I didn't even notice I said "reachering" lol.

Anyways, I don't look at this as them overlooking UNC. I'm sure they'll be prepared, our coaching staff does a good job of that.

What I am seeing from this is a confident team. They know they're good, they know they're good enough to crush UNC, and they will do their best to crush UNC because if they don't...then that hurts their pride. These kids don't like to hurt their pride. I ain't worried about 'em.

Advertisement
Back