Mallory

Advertisement
We should line Mallory up at x a half dozen times a game and run him down the field on jump ball routes like Mike Williams on the Chargers. Just have him outjump the DB for 30 and 40 yard gains

My boy is always open. He needs more targets. King would really help himself by getting him the ball. He is really a mismatch with his size and athleticism. I don’t understand why King doesn’t look to him more.

Mallory is the goods
I was saying that before brevin got hurt he's a great blocker to.

All he does is catch touchdowns, shocking that we don’t go to him more often as he’s one of our best offensive threats imho
I'd like to see them on the field together A LOT more often, use all our weapons and defenses cover two monster threats along with our backs wod be a handful.

The 4 receiver sets with brevin on the LOS and mallory on the boundary with rotating receivers in the slot & outside should be our base package. Keeps our best options on the field more often. I would also love to see knighton utilized as a receiver in the slot once in awhile & more overall 2 rb sets to minimize our weakest unit, the wr's being forced to do too much.

Advertisement
I know it's not ideal for the spread look.....but based on personnel Lashlee NEEDS to find a way to have BOTH Jordan and Mallory on the field TOGETHER, on every **** snap.
The advantage of having good receiving threats at TE is it doesn’t really hurt the spread look.

Mallory and Brevin both do hella damage in the slot and Mallory has even lined up out wide in trips.

Lashlee has been light years better than the last two guys, but I was really hoping to see Mallory and Brevin on the field consistently, both in the slot with receivers on the outside.

I think there’s a lot more room for improvement.

I even would give Mallory reps as a true WR at this point... throw him few 50/50 to see if he can be the answer

All he does is catch touchdowns, shocking that we don’t go to him more often as he’s one of our best offensive threats imho
I agree. But Mallory has to get tougher imo so he can stay on the field. Personally I want a WR to step up. This week imo is gunna tell a lot about lashless ability to scheme up a pass game plan. If teams are gunna run the same schemes against us as Clemson/pitt there are ways to beat it and our kids have the athletic ability to do so..especially exploiting the middle seam..all that don’t mean **** if our oline can’t keep out 5’9 QB clean and give him windows to navigate.

Advertisement
I’m expecting a lot more from the offense this week. We just faced two of the best DLs in the country. That has a big effect on what you can do from a play calling standpoint, especially with a subpar line like we have. It doesn’t leave a lot of room for running lanes or receivers getting open. I feel like a lot of you overlook that. I think the only thing I’d really like to see Lashlee do more is throw on first down and use the middle of the field

I think King can't see him unless there is a good lane to see through. As much as I like what King can do, there are some glaring issues. If he was 6'4" and could see the field better, it would help. Since he isn't, what is Lashlee going to do to help him? That is my biggest concern. Mallory gets open a lot, but gets targeted little. That's a huge problem. Lashlee needs to put King in a position to see him.

"Glaring" issue being he can't see? Not sure if your word choice was intentional but that was brilliant work.

Advertisement
My boy is always open. He needs more targets. King would really help himself by getting him the ball. He is really a mismatch with his size and athleticism. I don’t understand why King doesn’t look to him more.

Mallory is the goods
Underutilized bigly

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back