Malik Bryant 3.0, Announcement 7/27 @ Noon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's not break this down on a scientific level. It's a figure of speech for how a man carries himself. An Alpha has a natural ability to capture the attention and respect of the people he is around. It's the ability to lead and influence. For example, Mario Cristobal has these traits.

A beta lacks these "natural" traits. It's more forced and feels fake. It's not a knock on betas, they just have a different role.
Okay, its a highly stupid figure of speech that does not apply to human society in any way shape or form.

Breaking down humans into Alphas and Betas does not work, even by the standards you describe. I've seen the most confident people, true Alphas by your definition, **** their pants because they had to present a topic in five minutes in front of 300 students at a university.

Every psychology professor takes that distribution and throws it in the bin. Humans have abilities that are more developed or underdeveloped. Some people have leading ability and charisma, but they can't finish a project on their own to save their lives. Others are brilliant at being locked into a room and solve a problem with a given amount of time, but if you let them construct a project and work and delegate a team, they're ****ed.

Humans have the ability to learn how to lead and develop by practicing, training and rehearsing the necessary tools to do that. Thats why there are trainee programs and development programs and assistant roles and all that crap for people who want to make a career in a ****load of job fields. And Mario Cristobal went through the same learning process as all of the other coaches did and he is still learning about it to this day.

Advertisement
The whole alpha and beta analogy related to human behaviour is a misled observation made by a scientist in the 1940s, where he observed wolves and their behaviour, believing wolves had alphas and betas in their society, failing to account that this only accounts to wolves in captivity and not to wolves in the general wild.

Its also not applicable to human society, as it is far more complex.

All humans deal with ****. All humans are influenced by their surroundings. All humans struggle and fight. There are no alphas and betas, some are just more able to navigate through **** and others can't do it. Everyones ****ed up.
An alpha would never post this

The whole alpha and beta analogy related to human behaviour is a misled observation made by a scientist in the 1940s, where he observed wolves and their behaviour, believing wolves had alphas and betas in their society, failing to account that this only accounts to wolves in captivity and not to wolves in the general wild.

All humans deal with ****. All humans are influenced by their surroundings. All humans struggle and fight. There are no alphas and betas, some are just more able to navigate through **** and others can't do it. Everyones ****ed up.
Nah, hierarchies - especially social - exist all through nature. A better (and genetically closer) example is the great apes. Look up Jane Goodall's research.

Nah, hierarchies - especially social - exist all through nature. A better (and genetically closer) example is the great apes. Look up Jane Goodall's research.
Well, thats the point I am making. Human society is far more complex and can be divided in hierarchies, with free movemejt within these areas if you happen to live in a social construct free enough to allow such movement to happen.

Simply going "Hes a beta" is moronic on all levels.

Advertisement
I landed here to catch up on any Malik Bryant news. I had to recheck the link because this has turned into a CanesTears thread. Not even anything about Bryant for several pages.
Sad Michael Jordan GIF

Well, thats the point I am making. Human society is far more complex and can be divided in hierarchies, with free movemejt within these areas if you happen to live in a social construct free enough to allow such movement to happen.

Again. See Goodall's research, alpha/beta rolls are not 'moronic' at all. #trustthescience.

Again. See Goodall's research, alpha/beta rolls are not 'moronic' at all. #trustthescience.
Goodalls research focuses on chimpanzee, a group of apes being known for ****ting in their hands and throwing it at rivals as a genuine way of social communication.

If you feel comfortable with making comparisons between these animals and the human race and see yourself within these comparisons and their behaviour, go for it. But I highly reject comparing the social structure of a highly developed human race compared to chimpanzee, as tremendous as the research in itself is.

Advertisement
As much as I cant understand the human tendency to explain social behaviour by looking into the animal world because it is "easier" to see and understand, it does not account for the fact that the human race is entirely unique in its development over its existence starting when we developed ourselves away from apes and has completed developed itself away from any animal social field and continues to do so, as globalization, technology, education all continue to develop in some form of direction as time moves forward.

Or, in short: Don't compare yourself to an animal that ***** in his own hand and throws it at you in a zoo. Now, back to Bryant.

Goodalls research focuses on chimpanzee, a group of apes being known for ****ting in their hands and throwing it at rivals as a genuine way of social communication.

If you feel comfortable with making comparisons between these animals and the human race and see yourself within these comparisons and their behaviour, go for it. But I highly reject comparing the social structure of a highly developed human race compared to chimpanzee, as tremendous as the research in itself is.
We're not much different than the great apes. You can find humans ****ting in their hands and throwing it at people in any big city in America. Social hierarchies absolutely exist, that's not up for debate - and they include alpha male rolls. At any rate we'll agree to disagree - no need to further this here.

If more porsters would learn to take a few days off from cruitin’ when things aren’t going exactly as they’d like, expect or demand, life would be so much more pleasant.

You’d think the sky was falling and that Mario and staff hadn’t previously secured commitments from a good number of savages. Sometimes I think that a lot of these posters have to be in their teens, because grown *** man should not be acting a fool like some of these dudes do.
I agree, but I also think a lot of us have been scarred by Randy, Golden, and Manuela.

We're not much different than the great apes. You can find humans ****ting in their hands and throwing it at people in any big city in America
I could say something about that right now, but I am afraid that my heritage will be insulted again, so I will just let it slide and let chimpanzee be chimpanzee...

Advertisement
The first time Edge got in a game as a backup, he was tearing it up. My brother saw him and told me, “that’s the best RB I’ve ever seen at Miami, he’s gonna be a legend.”

He was right on the money. Still my favorite RB ever.
Yes sir. I felt the same way when I saw him.

The UCLA game will always be a top 10 experience in my life!!!

He's my favorite of all time and I've seen a lot. LOL

Bender “Technically “ you’re correct…. But alpha and beta used in this arena is not used scientifically…. Would you prefer punk or puzzy instead of beta? Or soft or snowflake? Point is we’re just sports fan(atics) and most of the convo on the board is just locker room talk. I think you’re taking it where it wasn’t intended to go.

Advertisement

One of my clients and good friends is a total follower. Hates to make plans, just wants to show up. Never picks the restaurant, never started the conversation with the girls when he was single, etc. A very wait and see kind of guy. Just a super chill dude. Gives people the benefit of the doubt, often. The fry guys on this board would call him a beta over and over, would probably ride him mercilessly.

Until he used one of his four black belts to crush their larynx's before he got on his private jet with his model wife and flew away.

Be careful who and how you judge, I say.

You know who goes on and on about alphas and betas on message boards? People who are unsure of themselves.

We're not much different than the great apes. You can find humans ****ting in their hands and throwing it at people in any big city in America. Social hierarchies absolutely exist, that's not up for debate - and they include alpha male rolls. At any rate we'll agree to disagree - no need to further this here.
They do it in prison too! When they see *** Boi CO’s who always ***** wit ppl they’ll throw **** at them when they walk by

Last edited:
Yes sir. I felt the same way when I saw him.

The UCLA game will always be a top 10 experience in my life!!!

He's my favorite of all time and I've seen a lot. LOL
I loved how every time edge was tackled, he would reach forward to place the ball on the ground at his extended arm's length. always hustlin that extra yard.

One of my clients and good friends is a total follower. Hates to make plans, just wants to show up. Never picks the restaurant, never started the conversation with the girls when he was single, etc. A very wait and see kind of guy. Just a super chill dude. Gives people the benefit of the doubt, often. The fry guys on this board would call him a beta over and over, would probably ride him mercilessly.

Until he used one of his four black belts to crush their larynx's before he got on his private jet with his model wife and flew away.

Be careful who and how you judge, I say.

You know who goes on and on about alphas and betas on message boards? People who are unsure of themselves.
Dying at fry guys 😂 haven’t heard that one in years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back