2023 Malik Bryant 23 olb

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm curious how many of you guys having this blue chip conversation have ever played sports at a high level. Cause it's a crock of **** what y'all taking over this thread with. #1 most important factor is a kids heart & his will to succeed. #2 a coaching staff capable of development to a higher tier. Least important is what these kids are rated so long as the kids you do take care evaluated thoroughly and they match what you're looking for. Blue chips or not isn't a deciding factor in how your team performs. It simply makes it easier.
Nice. Kids who are higher rated are more likely to have more heart and will to succeed. They’ve already shown it at the high school level

Advertisement
Nice. Kids who are higher rated are more likely to have more heart and will to succeed. They’ve already shown it at the high school level
Ray Lewis,ed reed,Sean Taylor,warren Sapp,Bryant Mckinnie, etc... Just might disagree. I try to stay humble.on here. But some of y'all really say some dumb ****. I don't have time for stupidity. So do me a favor before you type some flatulence that makes you sound so stupid atleast figure out what the fvck y'all talking about. Data works both ways. It can prove your point if your lazy and make you seem stupid as fvck if you don't cross reference it.

Naw not huff give strong a full year with him. I like keontra and thomas davis too! But, after that yeah.
I'm interested to see how the LBs play now that they are getting actual coaching from a real LB coach. Some of their flaws cannot be fixed by coaching. Only so much you can do to make someone faster but I expect that we will see improvement areas like tackling, etc.

I'm interested to see how the LBs play now that they are getting actual coaching from a real LB coach. Some of their flaws cannot be fixed by coaching. Only so much you can do to make someone faster but I expect that we will see improvement areas like tackling, etc.
We have to assume the talent is there because they was recruited(mandy)! But, johnson, wes, keontra, raul, bobbie, huff, chase, hopefully bryant! Thats a 4 deep for 2 spots. Gb3, harrell, jw can hold down the star position!

Ray Lewis,ed reed,Sean Taylor,warren Sapp,Bryant Mckinnie, etc... Just might disagree. I try to stay humble.on here. But some of y'all really say some dumb ****. I don't have time for stupidity. So do me a favor before you type some flatulence that makes you sound so stupid atleast figure out what the fvck y'all talking about. Data works both ways. It can prove your point if your lazy and make you seem stupid as fvck if you don't cross reference it.
Don’t mention data if you don’t understand statistics. It’s extremely simple. 5 stars and 4 stars are far more likely to be drafted than others. Giving one off examples means nothing, especially when recruiting was much harder to do pre widespread internet. I’m obviously right. Throwing out insults at me is cause you have nothing else. Done talking with you.

Advertisement
would you say body types, physical( wingspan, speed, height)/ mental attributes + development account for player success more than the stars

Don’t mention data if you don’t understand statistics. It’s extremely simple. 5 stars and 4 stars are far more likely to be drafted than others. Giving one off examples means nothing, especially when recruiting was much harder to do pre widespread internet. I’m obviously right. Throwing out insults at me is cause you have nothing else. Done talking with you.
I'm not familiar with the statistics regarding their draft status, but saying that a higher rated kid has more heart and will to succeed than those with less stars is absolutely a non-starter. In fact, in my experience, it's far more often the other way around.

I'm not familiar with the statistics regarding their draft status, but saying that a higher rated kid has more heart and will to succeed than those with less stars is absolutely a non-starter. In fact, in my experience, it's far more often the other way around.
I said more likely. And I disagree. The 4 and 5 star kids are more likely to have already put in so much more work to get to where they are than the 2 and 3 star guys.

Advertisement
If Blue chip ratio didn’t matter so much why is Mario going after all these highly Rated kids?

FYEp2l8XgAA4EFj.jpeg.jpg

Advertisement
Bro, Butch recruited lower ranked kids 10,000 years ago so clearly that formula is the blue print for todays recruiting. Saban, Meyer, Day, Sweeny, Riley, Cristobal all ignore the highly rated kids and go after those with heart.

I'd be interested to see in Bama, UGA, Ohio State and 2-3 other programs last 8-10 classes how many 3 stars went to 4 stars, low 4's went to high 4's and 4's went to 5's.

Blue Chip ratio obviously makes sense but these sites can skew the data a bit to push the narrative and keep getting these monster fanbases to keep clicking.

Chris Johnson for example...3 star. Then all of the sudden word starts getting out of his offer sheet and he goes to a 4 star. He is being recruited like he is arguable one of the top 3-4 backs in the country. Did he improve that much in the last 6 months; no he is always been that good but these website guys evaluate by some of the most generic metrics with the majority of prospects. Andy Jean very very good WR. But not a ton of buzz earlier this year. Now all of the sudden some of the big schools are pushing for him and he is suddenly skyrocketing up the charts. The minute some offer sheets start getting out when these kids are 15/16 is when these sites start to put in motion their true Blue Chip lists.

Advertisement
I'd be interested to see in Bama, UGA, Ohio State and 2-3 other programs last 8-10 classes how many 3 stars went to 4 stars, low 4's went to high 4's and 4's went to 5's.

Blue Chip ratio obviously makes sense but these sites can skew the data a bit to push the narrative and keep getting these monster fanbases to keep clicking.

Chris Johnson for example...3 star. Then all of the sudden word starts getting out of his offer sheet and he goes to a 4 star. He is being recruited like he is arguable one of the top 3-4 backs in the country. Did he improve that much in the last 6 months; no he is always been that good but these website guys evaluate by some of the most generic metrics with the majority of prospects. Andy Jean very very good WR. But not a ton of buzz earlier this year. Now all of the sudden some of the big schools are pushing for him and he is suddenly skyrocketing up the charts. The minute some offer sheets start getting out when these kids are 15/16 is when these sites start to put in motion their true Blue Chip lists.
its imperfect but it does generally fall into place when NSD rolls around. summer is about the camp circuit and then their senior year starts. I wouldn't be concerned about where they land right now as they'll rise and fall, but it will settle itself out

would you say body types, physical( wingspan, speed, height)/ mental attributes + development account for player success more than the stars
That's how they are SUPPOSED to get their stars. But it doesn't work out that way often because recruiting is all about where you go to high school,what city you live in,what colleges are recruiting you,what camps you attend,what scouts "asses"you(take payouts for you) & finally where you early commit. Let Travis hunter have done what he did last season but have committed to them early in the process I bet you 10000 to 1 he spirals deep into the rankings. Recruiting is more crooked than college football and that says alot...

Someone is paying attention. It's all about learning to read the tea leaves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back