2023 Malik Bryant 23 olb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Except since the guy been doing its literally only the teams with this ratio that have won the title. Also I guess none of the teams that doesnt have that ratio have no heart and good coaching staff. Now that......is the crock of ****. I played soccer and ran college track and alot of people do. To say only people who haven't say stuff like this is just.....yeah im done.
Context is in the eye of the beholder & u take a statement how you choose. Now maybe another way to look at is I was asking because those people know what a joke rankings are #1. #2 maybe those people ALSO HAVE THE BEST STAFFS... Bama,Ohio State,Clemson etc pretty much run recruiting annually in that time span and playing dominant football on Saturdays. It's pretty widely accepted that they also have had a monstrous staff in that same time span. As their coaching trees have pointed out. But you're not concerned with that. Myself I played just a lil ball I guess until I dropped out of pre school and then was ruled ineligible from my local playground. So everyone here is more qualified than me.

Advertisement
Context is in the eye of the beholder & u take a statement how you choose. Now maybe another way to look at is I was asking because those people know what a joke rankings are #1. #2 maybe those people ALSO HAVE THE BEST STAFFS... Bama,Ohio State,Clemson etc pretty much run recruiting annually in that time span and playing dominant football on Saturdays. It's pretty widely accepted that they also have had a monstrous staff in that same time span. As their coaching trees have pointed out. But you're not concerned with that. Myself I played just a lil ball I guess until I dropped out of pre school and then was ruled ineligible from my local playground. So everyone here is more qualified than me.
LSU won the title and their staff was fired within 2 years. You have schools like Utah and OK St who have had tremendous staff's for years, cant even make the playoffs. Cincinnati as well just recently, smoked in the playoffs. Put it like this, you are more likely to win with great talent and not so great coaching, than with great coaching and not so great talent. That doesn't prevent teams like Bama from having both. But one is clearly more important than the other. As for the who did or didn't play sports, that was your criteria for thinking someone opinion credible.

Advertisement
LSU won the title and their staff was fired within 2 years. You have schools like Utah and OK St who have had tremendous staff's for years, cant even make the playoffs. Cincinnati as well just recently, smoked in the playoffs. Put it like this, you are more likely to win with great talent and not so great coaching, than with great coaching and not so great talent. That doesn't prevent teams like Bama from having both. But one is clearly more important than the other. As for the who did or didn't play sports, that was your criteria for thinking someone opinion credible.

Right. Give me Bama's roster over Iowa's roster 10 out of 10 times

Advertisement
What's clearly more important than the other is playing in the sec or in lesser cases the big10. This is still a business. Not saying they'd win or should've cause obviously when all things are equal the athletes win out. But plenty of superior athletes aren't highly rated. You can point out cases that have played both ends of the spectrum. But it's far easier to state the ones that were considered elite recruits because it's been spoke on constantly. LSU staff was fired because of scandal. Not results or anything else. They also had a staff we previously would've took every last one of in a heart beat.

You talking a generational athlete lol idk about that but he has similar versatility
I know I know lol I'm not saying he's the supreme athlete that he is but could have similar type game big time rusher at LB while good in space

• Agree
Reactions: E1k
What's clearly more important than the other is playing in the sec or in lesser cases the big10. This is still a business. Not saying they'd win or should've cause obviously when all things are equal the athletes win out. But plenty of superior athletes aren't highly rated. You can point out cases that have played both ends of the spectrum. But it's far easier to state the ones that were considered elite recruits because it's been spoke on constantly. LSU staff was fired because of scandal. Not results or anything else. They also had a staff we previously would've took every last one of in a heart beat.
I don't follow you here. You can have your SEC, but the Big 10 has 1....1 school who played for a title in 25 years. I'm not counting Mich St and Mich in the playoffs, them man got smoked. The ACC has 3 teams who have played for a title in that period. Where you play means nothing. How much money and resources you pay to acquire talent is what matters. The SEC doesn't magically have the best players, they pay for them. Less schools from other conferences do it to the level required to win. Any ways we going in circles here. You need talent, it's the number 1 ingredient to winning titles and there is a minimum amount you need to have a chance. Simple logic to me. The rest are pieces of the pie

Advertisement
I don't follow you here. You can have your SEC, but the Big 10 has 1....1 school who played for a title in 25 years. I'm not counting Mich St and Mich in the playoffs, them man got smoked. The ACC has 3 teams who have played for a title in that period. Where you play means nothing. How much money and resources you pay to acquire talent is what matters. The SEC doesn't magically have the best players, they pay for them. Less schools from other conferences do it to the level required to win. Any ways we going in circles here. You need talent, it's the number 1 ingredient to winning titles and there is a minimum amount you need to have a chance. Simple logic to me. The rest are pieces of the pie
I'm not just talking about championships. I'm talking about playoffs. Unless you're in those conferences you're playing at a disadvantage from the start. You can't win a championship if you can't crack the bcs. As ucf and plenty of others have pointed out. Personally I think the big 10 is a far better conference(NORMALLY)then the sec as the sec is just outrageously top heavy. If where you play means nothing how do you explain the Boise teams for years, ucf the year they finished undefeated, it can go on and on. But I'm gonna cut this out because it's pointless to continue as you clearly have an opinion based on logic while mine is based on a lil more context and more importantly this is about Malik in this thread. Not everything else. My fault y'all.

Advertisement
I'm not just talking about championships. I'm talking about playoffs. Unless you're in those conferences you're playing at a disadvantage from the start. You can't win a championship if you can't crack the bcs. As ucf and plenty of others have pointed out. Personally I think the big 10 is a far better conference(NORMALLY)then the sec as the sec is just outrageously top heavy. If where you play means nothing how do you explain the Boise teams for years, ucf the year they finished undefeated, it can go on and on. But I'm gonna cut this out because it's pointless to continue as you clearly have an opinion based on logic while mine is based on a lil more context and more importantly this is about Malik in this thread. Not everything else. My fault y'all.
I explain it that they do not recruit to the level required. Say for example if Boise got some guy to drop 5 mil on every recruit for 4 classes and they finish with the #1 classes. Then they schedule Texas A&M, Mich St and BYU and Stanford OOC. Then they smoke these man. They are gonna be put in the playoffs assuming they would also road grade the rest of the schedule. Their team would be filled with NFL players.

ACC is of course a better conference than the mountain west but look at Louisville, look at the players they are bringing in. Any team can get serious about spending whatever in recruiting and the conference not gonna matter as much as man make it. If Louisville, FSU , US and Clemson start banging at a top 10 level. All of a sudden the conference is looked at differently. If Miami and FSU was like the old rivalry when it was the rivalry the ACC would have had more respect by now which is what they thought they were getting

radio picking GIF

I explain it that they do not recruit to the level required. Say for example if Boise got some guy to drop 5 mil on every recruit for 4 classes and they finish with the #1 classes. Then they schedule Texas A&M, Mich St and BYU and Stanford OOC. Then they smoke these man. They are gonna be put in the playoffs assuming they would also road grade the rest of the schedule. Their team would be filled with NFL players.

ACC is of course a better conference than the mountain west but look at Louisville, look at the players they are bringing in. Any team can get serious about spending whatever in recruiting and the conference not gonna matter as much as man make it. If Louisville, FSU , US and Clemson start banging at a top 10 level. All of a sudden the conference is looked at differently. If Miami and FSU was like the old rivalry when it was the rivalry the ACC would have had more respect by now which is what they thought they were getting
The pac 10 spends like nobody's business... How they looking in the playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back