2023 Malik Bryant 23 olb

Status
Not open for further replies.
The point is made innit? He was not the same. No one is calling him a scrub homie. Try to.find the nuance of what people are saying or is it that you are saying the supporting doesn't or didn't matter?
Didn’t say u called him a scrub lol id say u should find the nuance, because u just said “bryce was shut down” thats far from the truth

Advertisement
Advertisement
maybe this will get the thread back on track

GIF by Giphy QA

Advertisement
I’m not sure why you guys read “he’s probably top 10” as some type of slight to TVD. It was literally in response to someone saying we need a top 10 QB in order to win and I said “well TVD is probably top 10”.

Where he ranks in the 10 is a completely different discussion that we were not having.
And my point is put TV throwing to Metchie and Williams and this wouldn't even be a question. Put Young or Stroud in our offense last year and they post different numbers.

And my point is put TV throwing to Metchie and Williams and this wouldn't even be a question. Put Young or Stroud in our offense last year and they post different numbers.
I understand your point and agree…. But like I already said, it just had nothing to do with what was being discussed

Advertisement
Yeah, they have similar stats and performances. Ken Dorsey was doing similar things to Bryce Young. If you give TVD the WRs Bryce Young had and the OL and running game. Same results. If you wanna rank Bryce Young ahead of him, that's fine because he was able to play better teams. But our team losing games and not being highly
ranked was not because of TVD.

FSU schedule with Winston was not great. He lit them up anyway and went a top 1st round pick. So if TVD is doing the same thing, why should i think he is not as good because he is on a worse team?
Lol Ken Dorsey dreams he could do what Bryce Young could do. Ken Dorsey was average at best put him, put him on any other team and he is Austin Petty status

Last edited:
Advertisement
I never grouped Caleb in there; I think TVD is better than him. Now I think Bryce and Stroud are better and have played better defenses to date; that’s a product of their talent + talent surrounding him. But they both played harder schedules as well.

Doesn’t mean TVD can’t show everyone he belongs in that group; in fact there’s a reason he’s still projected as a first rounder despite playing in limited games - because he’s very good, and can be just as good (if not better) than Bryce or Stoud when it’s all said and done. But so far, the other two have a full season of work in better conferences against better opponents + solid performances in the postseason. That’s all.

TVD’s deep ball is immaculate and he possesses elite QB characteristics, it’s the execution on short and intermediate routes he needed to work on over the summer to take that next step. I think he’ll take that next step.
I agree on Bryce and stroud tho less on stroud bc Days system is tailor made and hes got top 5 WRs every year there for any qB. Bryce young was less than impressive once he stopped playing mannys D but hes still very good. I thought TVD Made one the biggest and fastest in season progression and growth ive ever seen in a passer.

Except there's literal data that says you need to recruit a certain way to win a natty. Now, there might be overlap in what you're saying and what the numbers on a piece of paper are. And there probably is a good bit. A lot of kids don't get to the level of being ranked very high without a work ethic, heart, etc. Some do, for sure, and they bust. But the bottom line is, women lie, men lie, numbers don't lie. And you don't win nattys or really even play for them unless you bring in top rated recruiting classes. Bringing in top rated classes do not guarantee you'll win. You need a lot of things you mention, additionally. But not bringing in top rated classes guarantees you will not win.
Personally I'd find issue with that statement. If you mean in this era of college football there's numbers that support that then I'd agree. But for an entirely seperate reason than I'd imagine you're saying it. In this era of college football recruiting rankings are bought and sold from both ends. The scouts and the services are for sale by the universities who dominate in that space because that's how they justify there boosters funds being appropriated properly and then from the players end that parents pay scouts direct and those are more often than not the same people taking money for commitments. Since most sights started tracking these rankings was in the early 2000s for the most part. College football has been dominated by the same 3 or 4 teams in that period. But if you are including our run we never started recruiting at a high level until the end of our run. We had a few high ranked classes in that time span. But few and far between. Development is what we did. We'd take kids that were after thoughts and develop us into savages. So I'll stick with that approach since I know first hand how crooked recruiting is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back