2023 Malik Bryant 23 olb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
done its over GIF

Advertisement
Someone recently came in a said he knows the dad and dude was cane. Lol. Trolls everywhere brah. He is a beast though, way better than Leblanc.
John Walker, LeBlanc, and Jackson might all commit to UF. I wouldn’t doubt it. But the fact that John Walker took an OV to Miami was shocking to me. The kid has been UF and OSU fora while. I have zero percent faith in him choosing Miami. If he likely did, NIL was seriously involved or he was no longer a take at OSU.

Saban is upset. I was up there with a recruit a few weeks ago and his exact words. NIL will change. We are working with a few senators right now. Dude doesn't realize the game is passing him by. I don't dislike him but he is delusional on what is happening IMO.
But he's absolutely right. Nil is gonna change. BECAUSE this evens the playing field for too many schools that have a few mega boosters but lack the overall alumni support(like us) blue bloods have too much bread and too much support to keep this the same way it's been. They just throw money at their problems as a whole and resolve their issue. They're going to have to cap this somehow to where kids can still prosper but at a much smaller level. Because throughout all of this you still have the bagmen VERY active at the traditional spots as well. It's great to have such and such accounted for on paper but to have a bag in hand is twice as nice for most.

But he's absolutely right. Nil is gonna change. BECAUSE this evens the playing field for too many schools that have a few mega boosters but lack the overall alumni support(like us) blue bloods have too much bread and too much support to keep this the same way it's been. They just throw money at their problems as a whole and resolve their issue. They're going to have to cap this somehow to where kids can still prosper but at a much smaller level. Because throughout all of this you still have the bagmen VERY active at the traditional spots as well. It's great to have such and such accounted for on paper but to have a bag in hand is twice as nice for most.
Bags are tax-free.

Speaking of NIL caps, do you think we'll ever see a day when the players have representation and a seat at the table? A lot of people want change but those impacted the most, the players (IMO), don't seem to be considered.

Advertisement
How can they give private businesses a salary cap?

The schools aren't paying these kids.

If Lifewallet wants to pay a kid $10mil a year to promote their product, how exactly can government regulate that?

The supreme court already ruled that NCAA couldn't prevent these athletes from making money off their NIL.
They won't limit the businesses ability to do anything. What they'd do is limit the kids ability to sign beyond a certain point. No different from what's been in place forever for college scholarship athletes to take money from anyone who isn't IMMEDIATE family.

Bags are tax-free.

Speaking of NIL caps, do you think we'll ever see a day when the players have representation and a seat at the table? A lot of people want change but those impacted the most, the players (IMO), don't seem to be considered.
They'll never consider the players. This is honestly a can of worms they weren't prepared for. I had this conversation with both the O'Bannon brothers at the espys like 10 years ago and they were certain where this was headed. All these years later they've been proven right in the sense where no one is prepared for this storm. Politicians at the end of the day don't care in the least about what's in the minority. They care about the majority and where their next check is coming from. Schools like Texas and Stanford are both PROBABLY the two most well funded alumni bases out there. Yet they're on opposite ends of the spectrum with neither at the forefront. Sooner or later (much sooner if I had to guess)there's gonna be some balance interjected into this by capping what a player is able to earn as a whole. Piece of the pie but stopping short of gluttony kind of thing.

They won't limit the businesses ability to do anything. What they'd do is limit the kids ability to sign beyond a certain point. No different from what's been in place forever for college scholarship athletes to take money from anyone who isn't IMMEDIATE family.
So John will then just work in the shadows? Lol

They'll never consider the players. This is honestly a can of worms they weren't prepared for. I had this conversation with both the O'Bannon brothers at the espys like 10 years ago and they were certain where this was headed. All these years later they've been proven right in the sense where no one is prepared for this storm. Politicians at the end of the day don't care in the least about what's in the minority. They care about the majority and where their next check is coming from. Schools like Texas and Stanford are both PROBABLY the two most well funded alumni bases out there. Yet they're on opposite ends of the spectrum with neither at the forefront. Sooner or later (much sooner if I had to guess)there's gonna be some balance interjected into this by capping what a player is able to earn as a whole. Piece of the pie but stopping short of gluttony kind of thing.
Wonder how a cap would get pass SCOUTS. given their prior ruling that opened this Pandora's Box.

This will be interesting.....

Thanks!

Advertisement
I alluded to this elsewhere. How the **** do they think they are about to get even 30-40 schools’ worth of athletes to join a players association to have a salary cap, even reducing to two super conferences worth of teams. If they bargain and the other schools don’t does that shift the tide? Even if it goes down to the two super conferences. Would it also include the other sports or would they be separate? Does it cause issues from the 501c3 status? How about if other schools are fine with it and were tired of the old system? It is ridiculous.
I'd probably disagree. On paper they'd make the case we are employees essentially and as far as a union they'd argue that's what brings power back to the NCAA. There ur union. The NCAA brings schools into the fray with an iron fist in that instance. If you'd like to be eligible for the benefits of college football then it would be under the rules established collectively

Alabama and Georgia don’t care that Mario has been here 7 months. There are no moral victories or mulligans in football, there are only W’s and L’s.

You want to be a playoff team and compete for championships, then you gotta sign top 5 classes year after year after year. Those are facts.

Nobody said it was easy but if you wanna be the best, you gotta beat the best on the trail. Mario will either get it done or he won’t.
I would argue he’s getting it done. Sooner than most expected. He’s also winning a few against Baga and UGA even in the short period of time he’s been at the U.

Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back