2023 Malik Bryant 23 olb

Status
Not open for further replies.

-“I wouldn’t say my mind is completely made up since my decision is nine days away,” Bryant said. “It’s still kind of a back-and-forth type deal between two to three schools. But I’d say it’s been a hard process for sure.”

-He has visited Coral Gables five times, Gainesville four times and Tuscaloosa twice unofficially. The 6-foot-2, 234 pound pass rusher said that the type of people around a program will play a significant role in where he decides to play college football.

-Bryant has another long-standing relationship with first-year Miami head coach Mario Cristobal, who recruited him “very hard” when he was at Oregon. He feels the Hurricanes are showing him that he is a “need and want” in the program. Other coaches he recognized include defensive coordinator Kevin Steele and co-defensive coordinator/linebackers coach Charlie Strong.

“I feel like with coach Strong, with (his) knowledge on the game, production and development, the guys he’s put in the league, I feel like he has a unique plan for me as well.”

-Bryant said Alabama is not at a disadvantage even though he has yet to officially visit there. He added that the plan is to take an official visit to the Crimson Tide during the season, “but we’ll kind of see how those things play out.”

According to Bryant, Alabama has been one of the teams recruiting him the longest. Those efforts since he was an underclassman in high school are paying off on the recruiting trail.

“Coach Saban’s shown me since my ninth, 10th (grade year) that I’m a want for him,” Bryant said. “It’s still kind of been the same thing throughout these years. He’s kind of shown that same outlook on me like, ‘Okay, this is where we see you at. This (is) how we want to use you and whatnot.'”

-Florida staff has made it clear that he is a “need” in the Gators’ system. He has been impressed by the coaching staff, players and people within the program, including co-defensive coordinator Patrick Toney, inside linebackers coach Jay Bateman and outside linebackers coach Mike Peterson.

“I think coach Toney’s plan for me is very detailed and unique just as far as just using my skill set and being able to draw it up and put me in a position to make plays,” Bryant said. “I definitely say coach Bateman plays a big part in that as well as coach Mike Pete. I just feel like with their knowledge on the game, I feel like I can really learn from them. ”

No one can tell me that this is not Derrick Brook’s illegitimate child? Lol. Looks just like him! And from the interviews, has the same demeanor….

Advertisement
A NIL salary cap isn't going to happen. Or IF it does, it'll end up right back in court where its shot down all over again.

Since Saban wants players to "earn it" he clearly wants to set a cap on how much incoming freshman can make. The supreme court would shoot that down all over again. Telling someone they cannot profit off their NIL is exactly what they ruled against. Good luck with that one.

What about setting a yearly or seasonal cap on the school? Not gonna work. It implies that players would not be allowed to increase their NIL income during the season because of the cap. That's not gonna fly either.

Think about it. Would it be ok if CBS or FOX or ESPN start promoting games featuring the Heisman frontrunner or likely #1 overall pick, while he wouldn't be allowed to sign any additional NIL contracts because of a salary cap? The courts would shoot that **** down.

And since the NCAA can't do ****, the hypothetical cap would need a congress willing to come together on a bill that limits NIL income.

Its not going to happen. Saban has been able to do whatever he wanted for the last decade because that **** Emmert protected him. And now that other schools have an advantage he can't exploit and isn't in control of, he has a problem with it.

Nobody besides Alabama fans will miss that douche when he finally retires to go pout in the corner and talk about doing things the old fashioned way with car dealerships and not getting caught cheating.

**** him.
200.gif

SScane what do you know about Citrus county. Is that what you meant. I grew up in Citrus county. if you talking about Dunnelon HS from day back in the day then yeah they loaded thew Florida roster back in the Galen Hall days. If this is what you are talking about we are about to have stories.
I played in Orange but faced some good ball players from Citrus. I’ll leave it that.

Advertisement
Ask Nick about a cap on HC, assistant coaching staff salaries, and recruiting administration budgets.
* @TemplarCane drops mic*

If he somehow gets his wish to put a cap on student-athletes’ likeness earnings, let’s make it equal across the board eh?

Let Auburn, Mississippi State, and UAB all have the same financial incentives to offer coaches that Bama does.

$2 million maximum for a head coach sounds fair, right Nick?

Ask Nick about a cap on HC, assistant coaching staff salaries, and recruiting administration budgets.
Platoons of analysts that are basically coaches didn't exist like they do today until Nicky had his buddy Emmert craft the rules in a way that would allow for Saban to maximize his dollars spent investing in coaching infrastructure and blow every other team's coaching capital out of the water (as others gradually started to copy and adapt).

Advertisement
An NIL cap is a misguided idea from those that are just ****ed and therefore spouting off whatever solutions they think might stick. The NIL arrangements are private contracts, and the entity offering it is not associated with the school, officially. The schools and the NCAA do not have the authority to cap what a private business is willing to pay any spokesperson, now that such things are allowable. They also have no authority to determine what the fair value of labor or likeness is. Sorry, Nick.

Advertisement
Good news is Cribby didn't gently let us know he wasn't coming.

Yet.

Ole Nicky is ****ed he’s lost the advantage that helped him build his program and is going to whine until he figures out another angle.

If he doesn’t,and I don’t see how he can he will retire in 2-3 years…I’m not saying he isn’t a great coach but his advantage over most everyone has been the amount of money they paid players under the table whether it be in cars,housing,jobs or just-plain cash.

Now everyone is able to play the game if they so desire….Nicky don’t like when he has to play fair without cheating.

Ole Nicky is ****ed he’s lost the advantage that helped him build his program and is going to whine until he figures out another angle.

If he doesn’t,and I don’t see how he can he will retire in 2-3 years…I’m not saying he isn’t a great coach but his advantage over most everyone has been the amount of money they paid players under the table whether it be in cars,housing,jobs or just-plain cash.

Now everyone is able to play the game if they so desire….Nicky don’t like when he has to play fair without cheating.
There's a reason he didn't last in the NFL. When everyone gets a 1st round pick and there is a salary cap, it removes a lot of advantages. He's used to 25 first and second rounders and no cap while his competition had a cap of $0. It allowed him to offer an amount way lower than value. Now it's getting more toward the NFL model where there is real competition and he doesn't like it.

Advertisement

I think he gonne retire just as this current class is about to become JRs or SRs at most. They will still get top players, yet there is a big difference to getting a class where only 2 schools or close to getting one where all the top 10 have great players within. The gap wont be as big as he is used to. Just want to remind people the kind of records Saban had before going to Bama. Off LSU title year,next season he went 9-3 and Bolted to the Dolphins, failed then went to Bama and installed his NIL system before NIL was a thing.
Screenshot_20220718-154006_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20220718-154006_Chrome.jpg

I think he gonne retire just as this current class is about to become JRs or SRs at most. They will still get top players, yet there is a big difference to getting a class where only 2 schools or close to getting one where all the top 10 have great players within. The gap wont be as big as he is used to. Just want to remind people the kind of records Saban had before going to Bama. Off LSU title year,next season he went 9-3 and Bolted to the Dolphins, failed then went to Bama and installed his NIL system before NIL was a thing. View attachment 199316View attachment 199316
He has 7 chips

An NIL cap is a misguided idea from those that are just ****ed and therefore spouting off whatever solutions they think might stick. The NIL arrangements are private contracts, and the entity offering it is not associated with the school, officially. The schools and the NCAA do not have the authority to cap what a private business is willing to pay any spokesperson, now that such things are allowable. They also have no authority to determine what the fair value of labor or likeness is. Sorry, Nick.
My sincerest thanks for explaining this. I am tired of having to repeat this over and over again.
I would add, do the pro sports leagues have a cap on endorsement money? No because, like you wrote about NIL, those are private contracts that don't involve university/team.

He has 7 chips
Im talking about them man who talking bout Mario cant Coach because of his record at Oregon. Atleast try to keep up. Man talking like Saban now is the only Saban there ever was. Its real ******* nice when you get the top class every year. Bravo, what you think gonna happen when we start doing that, with South FL athletes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back