2023 Malik Bryant 23 olb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Yeah, because the Senate is super effective at passing legislation these days. They're as exciting as watching the Leaning Tower of Pisa fall over.
One would think the Senate may have more pressing matters currently.

I know this is not news but these coaches are ego maniacs. I have some experience with a few but man…. Dude is 70, I’ll be in Naples fishing when I am 70 God willing.

Saban is upset. I was up there with a recruit a few weeks ago and his exact words. NIL will change. We are working with a few senators right now. Dude doesn't realize the game is passing him by. I don't dislike him but he is delusional on what is happening IMO.
Ole Nicky doesn't know that the Senate will do nothing to help him curb capitalism. And even if the Senate tries, the House won't go along. And even if by some miracle a law passed thru Congress limiting NIL, the Supreme Court would strike the law down as unconstitutional, which it would be.
You are correct that it is time for Nicky to take a rest. A long, long rest.

Tbh I believe the Nil is setting things in motion faster than before. I originally thought it would cause things to drag out much longer.

Kids want their money and future decided and the earlier the better. The proof is in the pudding. Get your spot on the bus, your cash then sit back and enjoy the ride.
I can't help but think it'll be a ****show around early signing day. Not necessarily with Miami. Just in general. Some of these schools (UF) are going to have a lot of unspent funds burning holes in their pockets. Somebody is going to end up with an unexpected massive offer right before signing day.

So I just wonder how many guys around the country won't sign early just to see how much they can get after ESD, and whether we've been over or underestimating that number.

Saban is upset. I was up there with a recruit a few weeks ago and his exact words. NIL will change. We are working with a few senators right now. Dude doesn't realize the game is passing him by. I don't dislike him but he is delusional on what is happening IMO.
Senators? To do what?

Advertisement
The mindset this is ruining the game is for the birds man. Every sport offers 18 y/o kids the opportunity to get paid but football. Ridiculous people think shouldn’t get their own.

It's all about control my friend. Some kids including the one in this thread want to be great. Money isn't going to ruin their love for the game. So the head coach can make 8 mil and the best we can do for the kids is a free education. Ask Marcus Lattimore what that's worth.

Politicians aren’t about the people, they’re all about staying in office and scratching the back of their donors.
And filling their pockets.

I know it will never happen but I would love (like most on here) to know who you guys know. I would fly down for a CIS unmasking and truth serum conference.

And maybe bring a MMA referee for some of you to figure some things out. I kid boys. I kid.

It's easy for Nick to say those things after he has banked the money he has. I know a recruit who has lived in a MOTEL with his dad for 2 years. Took them to dinner and almost cried hearing their story. His son is a stud and should get every dollar he can. Use the game don't let it use you.
He’s just trying to hang on to his position of power

Much like a politician ironically enough

Advertisement
Speaking of politicians....any idea if there will there be a hard press next session to change Florida's NIL laws to be more competitive with other states (with less restrictions)? I hope that will get passed next time around, but haven't heard much about it.

Need more than the two Senators from Alabama........who could be cancelled by the two Florida Senators. Bottom line...........good luck with that!

Jammi German was an interesting dude, let's just put it that way. Not a guy we would have recruited in any era but Erickson.
I have no idea of the backstory. I wanted that kid to be great so badly. Dexter Siegler must have ruined his mojo on Greentree.

Advertisement
I really don't feel like reading the attached Supreme Court opinion that paved the way for NIL, but I don't think Congress has the power to limit a person's right to earn.

Regulation. They're trying to get a salary cap was my understanding but that wasn't straight up verbalized.
How can they give private businesses a salary cap?

The schools aren't paying these kids.

If Lifewallet wants to pay a kid $10mil a year to promote their product, how exactly can government regulate that?

The supreme court already ruled that NCAA couldn't prevent these athletes from making money off their NIL.

Advertisement
Regulation. They're trying to get a salary cap was my understanding but that wasn't straight up verbalized.
I hate to call Nick stupid, but this is stupid. A salary cap can only work in a league with athletes as employees so that there is collective bargaining between the league and the players. College athletes aren't employees of their schools or leagues, and never will be. Their college careers are too short for one thing. For another, the schools don't want to give every college athlete all the benefits that employees receive; insurance, pension funds, etc..
And even in salary cap leagues, there is no cap on endorsements, hence why athletes prefer playing in big markets over small.

Nick has either; (a) not thought out his stupid statements, (b) is too stupid to understand the legal issues (unlikely since he coached in the NFL), or (3) is just talking out of his *** because he is losing at recruiting in the NIL world. I will go with (c). Nick is not stupid but he is very, very frustrated that he no longer controls his own world.

I hate to call Nick stupid, but this is stupid. A salary cap can only work in a league with athletes as employees so that there is collective bargaining between the league and the players. College athletes aren't employees of their schools or leagues, and never will be. Their college careers are too short for one thing. For another, the schools don't want to give every college athlete all the benefits that employees receive; insurance, pension funds, etc..
And even in salary cap leagues, there is no cap on endorsements, hence why athletes prefer playing in big markets over small.

Nick has either; (a) not thought out his stupid statements, (b) is too stupid to understand the legal issues (unlikely since he coached in the NFL), or (3) is just talking out of his *** because he is losing at recruiting in the NIL world. I will go with (c). Nick is not stupid but he is very, very frustrated that he no longer controls his own world.
He wants a salary cap to limit other team's reach while SEC schools continue to have money flowing under the table after the NIL money runs out. They arent gonna think about it outside of those parameters

I have no idea of the backstory. I wanted that kid to be great so badly. Dexter Siegler must have ruined his mojo on Greentree.
Nah. He had a bunch of minor injuries, then got suspended, then got suspended again because of NCAA shenanigans, then tore his ACL. He actually made a few plays in the league with the Falcons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back