2023 Malik Bryant 23 olb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man the Buccs really screwed up with Copeland. He used to make huge plays but hardly ever got the ball. His size, speed and jumping avility was crazy. Watch his highlights.

Trent Dilfer destroyed the Buccs passing game for years. Then we signed Harper and he busted. Man if we had even an average quarterback, Horace would have been a household name.

Did Copeland get hurt near the end or did he just lose the passion? get hurt near
Not sure....I do know he lives in Tampa and is SUPER active in the community (FB Camps...speaking engagements etc....)

Advertisement
Fong with the CB pick as well
where?
23ACEC6D-348E-4A3A-94DC-C43CA80DEB5F.png

I don't see the Fong Ball

Advertisement

Edited/paraphrased down from this am:

I don't think the trend off high-end talent picking the Hurricanes is ending anytime soon, especially with Orlando (Fla.) Jones Top247 linebacker Malik Bryant set to come off the board July 23.

While there was a time when it seemed like Bryant might be favoring Alabama, I believe that Miami is likely going to be the pick, which is why I joined some others and logged a 247Sports' Crystal Ball forecast in favor of the Hurricanes on Friday morning. The confidence score is on the higher side.

At least one school directly involved in the recruitment is under the impression that Cristobal & Co. are likely going to win out. That's certainly notable, but I have also heard that Bryant has a relationship with Edgerrin James and actually grew up playing for one of the UM legend's youth football teams. That history seems to be steering Bryant towards the green and orange.

It should also be noted that Bryant's head coach, Elijah Williams, played for current Miami assistant Charlie Strong at Florida and Strong is the one running point for the Hurricanes on Bryant. So, there is some familiarity there, as well.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Edite/paraphrased down from this am:

I don't think the trend off high-end talent picking the Hurricanes is ending anytime soon, especially with Orlando (Fla.) Jones Top247 linebacker Malik Bryant set to come off the board July 23.

While there was a time when it seemed like Bryant might be favoring Alabama, I believe that Miami is likely going to be the pick, which is why I joined some others and logged a 247Sports' Crystal Ball forecast in favor of the Hurricanes on Friday morning. The confidence score is on the higher side.

At least one school directly involved in the recruitment is under the impression that Cristobal & Co. are likely going to win out. That's certainly notable, but I have also heard that Bryant has a relationship with Edgerrin James and actually grew up playing for one of the UM legend's youth football teams. That history seems to be steering Bryant towards the green and orange.

It should also be noted that Bryant's head coach, Elijah Williams, played for current Miami assistant Charlie Strong at Florida and Strong is the one running point for the Hurricanes on Bryant. So, there is some familiarity there, as well.
@Mackmiller974!!!!!!!

Last edited:
I think the Cooney tweet last night was Malik. Pretty clear something was communicated yesterday based on all these CB’s coming in.
That would be my guess as well. Sometimes these guys are throwing up crystal balls based on good tea leaves, sometimes on hard info. And sometimes kids change their mind or lie to people and they look like fools. But that list and those confidence numbers are about as rock solid as you're going to see. Kid has clearly told somebody important that he's coming here.

💯. , but last success story is from 15 years ago.
What about…
Lingard
Terence Foy
Jamie German,
Or the three from Sanford no can even remember
OR any other player from Orange County that has played CF in the last 20 years that didn’t bust.

Sorry, Bust city.
Please never talk ill of Jammi German. He was from Fort Meyers by the way.

Advertisement
I could be off base here, but with Bryant’s recruitment I don’t know how this would be sounding the alarm for UF. Like with Marshall everything seemed to be an orchestrated commitment. Bryant has planned one and we’ve been perceived as running with the leaders on this one. Again I could be wrong but it just seems a little bit different. Then OL though that reeks of lighting the beacons of Gondor.

Advertisement
Nah it’s not that , I’ve been confident in all three guys for weeks but it’s not a wrap yet. I find the timing odd , that’s all. Especially for the two top national Ol recruits.
I think like someone stated above. They’re trying to do the opposite of what they’ve been doing. They were so behind & now they’re trying to be so ahead lol

I could be off base here, but with Bryant’s recruitment I don’t know how this would be sounding the alarm for UF. Like with Marshall everything seemed to be an orchestrated commitment. Bryant has planned one and we’ve been perceived as running with the leaders on this one. Again I could be wrong but it just seems a little bit different. Then OL though that reeks of lighting the beacons of Gondor.
I said last night Bryant comes off a lot like Rashada , he wants to be at Miami and doesn’t want to be at UF. To the point I’d expect him to pass up more money to be here. The last part of your post is more what I’m saying. It’s just kinda odd is all. Either way we sit in a very good spot but it’s not a finalized deal just yet. No matter how many national cb’s you see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back