2023 Malik Bryant 23 olb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Obviously it went over your head and you’re clueless on how any of this works. Nobody said the crystal ball was why he didn’t come or picked Bama. Everyone thinks they have a clue on this **** lol.

High school coaches , players or their camps leak info for their own gain all the time. Just like when a recruit fills their social media with a certain teams pictures / tweets. There’s always a point . The know it all‘s just don’t even see or get what’s going on right in front of their faces.

When all those cb’s started I said it stunk,wven though all media had Miami . a week later he’s picking Bama.

Interesting.

So we hear about Gaby getting calls from "people in the building" asking for info on a recruit and how things stand. All schools do that, apparently, and I honestly didn't know. What better way to tip off other schools than to drop a crystal ball two weeks before an announcement? Their crystal ball accuracy helps their credibility and entertains subscribers, so why put something out in advance if it's not certain? It's as if to say, no need to call me and ask about where this recruit is heading. If you do nothing, this is what will happen. They did this with all four targets that were trending in our direction.

@DMoney alluded the other day Gaby was doing a solid not putting a crystal ball for POPO. I didn't understand what he meant then, but I do now.

Interesting.

So we hear about Gaby getting calls from "people in the building" asking for info on a recruit and how things stand. All schools do that, apparently, and I honestly didn't know. What better way to tip off other schools than to drop a crystal ball two weeks before an announcement? Their crystal ball accuracy helps their credibility and entertains subscribers, so why put something out in advance if it's not certain? It's as if to say, no need to call me and ask about where this recruit is heading. If you do nothing, this is what will happen. They did this with all four targets that were trending in our direction.

@DMoney alluded the other day Gaby was doing a solid not putting a crystal ball for POPO. I didn't understand what he meant then, but I do now.
Spooky times

Advertisement
It is. But it is a regional thing.
Hulk Hogan Agree GIF

@Bender

So the theory is that CBs are tipping other schools off to where a kid is leaning , causing them to then up their bag/offer ?

Maybe it’s just me but you would think they wouldn’t need a CB from recruiting sites to know where they stand/when they need to up the bag with a recruit

Glad someone said it!! Like come on y'all!! Coaches don't need no **** CB from 247 to know where they stand with a kid lmao

Advertisement
Don't know...we seem to be doing ok

1 OT committed
1 DE committed
1 TE committed
One of the top QB committed
Two of the top WR's committed
One of the top LB 'scommitted
One of the top DB's committed
People forget we have 8 top 200 player committed already! We have only 2 classes with more than 8 since 2008.

2022 - 7 total
2021 - 6 total
2020 - 5
2019 - 3
2018 - 11
2017 - 4
2016 - 4
2015 - 1
2014 - 6
2013 - 5
2012 - 7
2011 - 3
2010 - 3
2009 - 6
2008 -14
2007 - 5
2006 - 7
2005 - 7

People forget we have 8 top 200 player committed already! We have only 2 classes with more than 8 since 2008.

2022 - 7 total
2021 - 6 total
2020 - 5
2019 - 3
2018 - 11
2017 - 4
2016 - 4
2015 - 1
2014 - 6
2013 - 5
2012 - 7
2011 - 3
2010 - 3
2009 - 6
2008 -14
2007 - 5
2006 - 7
2005 - 7

I'm wanting to pizz and moan about something - anything - and your post isn't helping!

2022 - 7 total
2021 - 6 total
2020 - 5
2019 - 3
2018 - 11
2017 - 4
2016 - 4
2015 - 1
2014 - 6
2013 - 5
2012 - 7
2011 - 3
2010 - 3
2009 - 6
2008 -14
2007 - 5
2006 - 7
2005 - 7

You have a lot of cats on here who are quick to troll their own team for some clout

Weirdos

Advertisement
Advertisement
Everyone on this board brings different life experience, intelligence, etc. Most (not all) also bring the fanatic side of being a fan and having a stubborn view.

However, when it comes to understanding CFB, regardless of background, you need to understand this, it's a business. First. Foremost. Period. Schools, networks, 7 on 7, ranking sites, and the kids. It all revolves around $$$.

Our insiders are not gods, but when @Cribby or @Brooklyndee peel back layers, I love how some of you fight it.

For example, the whole point about crystal balls. As a recruiting site when you shift the perception, you shift the money. Fans clamor for results. Schools don't want to take a reputational hit. The kids get more McDonald's bags. The networks build up suspense for announcements or All Star games.

When Miami receives attention, it is two fold: It drives immediate attention (clicks, eyeballs), and it drives opposing fan reaction (the longer money). That is why our ascension has gotten a response. It was a call to arms with all other stakeholders.

So when you combine that with our over confidence after a couple wins, you get this week.

The positive is Mario is not going anywhere or is going to wilt. The future is bright.

People will roll their eyes or say it’s a conspiracy theory but when I made that post they were all Miami. Everyone had Miami.

Funniest conspiracy I heard is that recruits getting dropped in rankings and stars when it seems they start “leaning “ towards one program…

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back