Malek Young PFF Stat

Advertisement
[TWEET]913033283616825345[/TWEET]

Young and Bandy need to be the Boundary Corners for the rest of the year. Don't care how small they are, all they do is make plays and are our most talented at the position.

What do you mean by boundary corners? Can somebody explain again how Diaz classifies the corners. I thought boundary was short side and field was wide side.

Advertisement
That's a pretty misleading stat considering who we've played.

Honest question: Do some of you guys sit around looking for reasons to discredit anything positive about UM?

Honest reply: I don't get excited about stats put up against Div 2 opponents.

You must be a joy to be around if you are a UM fan and you can't get excited by that pretty astounding stat, especially considering Toledo's prowess in the throw game.

I thought the corners with the best feet, quickness, and willingness to tackle was better fitted for the slot. No?

Honest question: Do some of you guys sit around looking for reasons to discredit anything positive about UM?

This is just all kinds of dumb. It's like playing Boise State during their peak run with Moore at QB and saying, "Eh, not impressed with shut them down. They are Division II."
Toledo had the S&P+ 16th ranked offense last year, and the 11th ranked S&P+ offense so far this year. To dismiss that because they aren't in a P5 conference is beyond dumb.

This is just all kinds of dumb. It's like playing Boise State during their peak run with Moore at QB and saying, "Eh, not impressed with shut them down. They are Division II."
Toledo had the S&P+ 16th ranked offense last year, and the 11th ranked S&P+ offense so far this year. To dismiss that because they aren't in a P5 conference is beyond dumb.

Tell Oklahoma and FSU what a joke that D2 team Houston was the last couple years.

Advertisement
Definitely misleading! I may need to go back and rewatch the game because I remember Young struggling too.

Not at you, @edge, but in general:

I'm all for fair critiques for both coaches and players. But, at some point, people should transition beyond something more than their self-perpetuated narratives or whatever some newspaper journalist - who might as well be watching the game blindfolded or is just conveying slanted coachspeak - feeds the public. Let's at least be as critical of our own statements as we are of what our critique targets, no?

Just click mother****ing play on the full game youtube replay and sit there watching the actual plays. If people don't have the time or a decent understanding of what they're looking at, then ask questions or spark discussions. Instead of making statements or conclusions. It's begun to really affect the quality of the board. We can learn some stuff from each other, I think.

Advertisement

I'm all for fair critiques for both coaches and players. But, at some point, people should transition beyond something more than their self-perpetuated narratives or whatever some newspaper journalist - who might as well be watching the game blindfolded or is just conveying slanted coachspeak - feeds the public. Let's at least be as critical of our own statements as we are of what our critique targets, no?

Just click mother****ing play on the full game youtube replay and sit there watching the actual plays. If people don't have the time or a decent understanding of what they're looking at, then ask questions or spark discussions. Instead of making statements or conclusions. It's begun to really affect the quality of the board. We can learn some stuff from each other, I think.

Not sure if you meant to call me out, but I have no issues at all with Malik's play. He has been playing very well. If we had another Malik on the other side we would be just fine.

Getting back to my statement I simply do not understand the stat and was asking for clarification. I certainly wasn't trying to support a narrative.

Advertisement
Definitely misleading! I may need to go back and rewatch the game because I remember Young struggling too.

I remember teams throwing at Delaney and the LB covering the slot receiver 99% of the time.

They just took the easy match up.

What people are misconstruing is that I'm bagging on Young. I'm not, I just think it's a misleading stat. But this argument is a lost cause, you guys have circled the wagons.

Not sure if you meant to call me out, but I have no issues at all with Malik's play. He has been playing very well. If we had another Malik on the other side we would be just fine.

Getting back to my statement I simply do not understand the stat and was asking for clarification. I certainly wasn't trying to support a narrative.
Nope. Since I had just replied to you, explicitly mentioned it wasn't to you. Just in general.

Advertisement
Back