Malek Young PFF Stat

Advertisement
Not at you, @edge, but in general:

I'm all for fair critiques for both coaches and players. But, at some point, people should transition beyond something more than their self-perpetuated narratives or whatever some newspaper journalist - who might as well be watching the game blindfolded or is just conveying slanted coachspeak - feeds the public. Let's at least be as critical of our own statements as we are of what our critique targets, no?

Just click mother****ing play on the full game youtube replay and sit there watching the actual plays. If people don't have the time or a decent understanding of what they're looking at, then ask questions or spark discussions. Instead of making statements or conclusions. It's begun to really affect the quality of the board. We can learn some stuff from each other, I think.

Not sure if you meant to call me out, but I have no issues at all with Malik's play. He has been playing very well. If we had another Malik on the other side we would be just fine.

Getting back to my statement I simply do not understand the stat and was asking for clarification. I certainly wasn't trying to support a narrative.
Nope. Since I had just replied to you, explicitly mentioned it wasn't to you. Just in general.

Got it, thanks!

Not sure if I understand the stat. There were a couple receivers that made catches against Malek against Toledo.
In single coverage, on a 2-PT conversion. Where else?

2nd Quarter, 12:20 mark. Malek has man to man coverage with Johnson. 8 yard out route that was completed.
I'll go back and watch that timestamp. Thanks for the info.
Just watched it. Looked like zone, so not sure if that goes into their metric. It was definitely his route in the zone to the boundary side.

[TWEET]913033283616825345[/TWEET]

Young and Bandy need to be the Boundary Corners for the rest of the year. Don't care how small they are, all they do is make plays and are our most talented at the position.

What do you mean by boundary corners? Can somebody explain again how Diaz classifies the corners. I thought boundary was short side and field was wide side.
The poster you quoted probably meant outside corners. You're correct. Boundary corner = short side. Field Corner = wide side.

Advertisement
[TWEET]913033283616825345[/TWEET]

Young and Bandy need to be the Boundary Corners for the rest of the year. Don't care how small they are, all they do is make plays and are our most talented at the position.

What do you mean by boundary corners? Can somebody explain again how Diaz classifies the corners. I thought boundary was short side and field was wide side.
The poster you quoted probably meant outside corners. You're correct. Boundary corner = short side. Field Corner = wide side.

Thanks brah. I understand now. In my view Malek is the only one who's proven he can play that field corner position. I wanna see Delaney get his Sh*t together this game. I know he's better than what he's shown us. Gotta get his confidence back.

True Dat

Mark Walton is the leading Rusher per attempt at 13.0 yds per carry but as you mentioned look who we've played and unlike most schools, The U has only played 2 games, as most schools have already played 3-4 games.

That's a pretty misleading stat considering who we've played.

Not sure if I understand the stat. There were a couple receivers that made catches against Malek against Toledo.
In single coverage, on a 2-PT conversion. Where else?

2nd Quarter, 12:20 mark. Malek has man to man coverage with Johnson. 8 yard out route that was completed.
I'll go back and watch that timestamp. Thanks for the info.
Just watched it. Looked like zone, so not sure if that goes into their metric. It was definitely his route in the zone to the boundary side.

Pretty good coverage either way. Sometimes the throw just beats you.

Not at you, @edge, but in general:

I'm all for fair critiques for both coaches and players. But, at some point, people should transition beyond something more than their self-perpetuated narratives or whatever some newspaper journalist - who might as well be watching the game blindfolded or is just conveying slanted coachspeak - feeds the public. Let's at least be as critical of our own statements as we are of what our critique targets, no?

Just click mother****ing play on the full game youtube replay and sit there watching the actual plays. If people don't have the time or a decent understanding of what they're looking at, then ask questions or spark discussions. Instead of making statements or conclusions. It's begun to really affect the quality of the board. We can learn some stuff from each other, I think.

for a novice like me, watching the game on youtube two to three times is great, because i get to rewind and watch the DL then the LBs and then the DBs and then altogether. i learn a lot from this board.

now talk about basketball, and i can tell where all 6 guys should be.

agree with the constant re-vomiters"---> to the gallows. if you dont have something intelligent or positive or contributory to say, then STFU.

Last edited:
Advertisement
He got beat on a "whip route" for a score but other than that he's been really solid. (that route is extremely hard to cover)

He should be a staple. Should never come off the field.

Advertisement
Back