Malachi Coleman

this.

you want to improve the reporting? change the NCAA disclosure and transparency rules.

• create a national database of who has a committable offer (if there's a portal database, there can be an offer database)
  • require the schools to disclose "silent commitments"
  • allow coaches to comment on recruits in response to media inquiries
  • make commitable offers irrevocable for a certain period of time after the player receives the offer letter
  • require disclosure of NIL contracts (no NDA's), and require them to be on file with NCAA compliance
Imagine if all of that was enacted. We'd have a serious amount of bullshyte flushed like last night's 2 a.m. taco bell. (not like any of this will happen, it makes too much sense).

Most of this is for the fans and it’s really not important. You think coaches don’t know who has a committable offer or not? They know. They communicate amongst each other too. Why does a coach has to comment on a recruit? Why does anyone need to disclose NIL agreements? Those points are for the fans and really doesn’t do anything. Plus coaches have a good idea to all of that already.

Advertisement
Most of this is for the fans and it’s really not important. You think coaches don’t know who has a committable offer or not? They know. They communicate amongst each other too. Why does a coach has to comment on a recruit? Why does anyone need to disclose NIL agreements? Those points are for the fans and really doesn’t do anything. Plus coaches have a good idea to all of that already.

they know less than you think

they know less than you think

Yea but they aren’t totally clueless. If a kid has a host of p5 offers and g5 offers but sign with a FCS school, I think it’s clear that he didn’t have an official offer. The recruiter wasn’t that good. And there is a day when official offers are actually sent out too.

If I were betting, I bet he's asking for money to visit. It may have something to do with grades, but I'm a fan due to his life story. He's going to have a major chip on his shoulder and if he keeps his head on straight, I think many will regret turning him away.

If I were betting, I bet he's asking for money to visit. It may have something to do with grades, but I'm a fan due to his life story. He's going to have a major chip on his shoulder and if he keeps his head on straight, I think many will regret turning him away.
I'm thinking similar. Mario has been adamant about the importance of being in second if you can't win a recruitment. If this kid needs to go the Juco route because of grades, you still recruit him hard now and circle back down the road. Multiple schools canceling tells me they smell trouble.

Advertisement
Advertisement
this.

you want to improve the reporting? change the NCAA disclosure and transparency rules.

• create a national database of who has a committable offer (if there's a portal database, there can be an offer database)
  • make commitable offers irrevocable for a certain period of time after the player receives the offer letter
  • require disclosure of NIL contracts (no NDA's), and require them to be on file with NCAA compliance
Imagine if all of that was enacted. We'd have a serious amount of bullshyte flushed like last night's 2 a.m. taco bell. (not like any of this will happen, it makes too much sense).
I don't think there is an effective way you can require the school to disclose a silent commit since 1) how do they prove anyone said anything to anyone and 2) how do you define commit unless you are allowing/requiring them to sign something. Which brings me to what I think would help... allow kids to commit at anytime (or anytime after a date that is well before the beginning of their senior year) once they have received an official offer and then require the school to honor it (which you had as one of your bullets)

It's not perfect and you are going to have some schools that regret offering kids and vice versa and there are going to be kids that want to wait anyway, but if you start having classes officially fill up, schools that won't offer an official offer or if a 'committed' kid is unwilling to sign then both the players and coaches have a better understanding of where things are.

this.

Why, non of this makes any sense.

Players don't even know if offers are committable until they try to commit. Committable offers constantly changes based on commitments and offers.

'silent commitments' or even verbal commitments mean nothing.

Committable offers can't be irrevocable for ANY period of time. Ie. Players commits then rapes a girl the next day or player commitments then commits to another school.

Will other schools stop recruiting a kid if they commit? Will a silent or verbal commit stop flirting with other offers once they commit?

Advertisement
To clarify, you canceled yourself when you didn't get C grades in HS.
Deez Nuts GIF

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back