Making in roads to IMG

Advertisement
This may be an unpopular opinion but I think IMG kids are a taddd overrated. I cannot put my finger on it but I am on campus a lot, they obviously have the best facilities, nutritionists etc. in HS ball, **** some of those kids will go to a college with worse facilities. But looking back over the years at guys in the top 250:

2017: Jordan Anthony (Michigan/Transferred); Marcus Williamson (OSU/36 total tackles in 4 years, No INT); Robert Hainsey (ND/ Starter/good); Isaiah Pryor (ND/53 total tackles in 4 years, 1 pic); Jhamon Ausbon (Texas AM/ Solid player 147 catches, 1800 yrds 8 tds in career); Cesar Ruiz (Michigan/ 1st round draft choice, stud); Grant Delpit (LSU/2nd round pic stud); Dylan Moses (Bama/likely high round choice); Jash Kaindoh (FSU/ 60 tackles in 4 years).

2018: Mike Jones Jr (Clemson/transferred); TJ Pledger (OU/Transferred to Utah); Hightower (Miami/Transferred); Houston Griffith (ND/name in portal but withdrew); Ayodele Adeoye (UT/Name currently in Portal); Stephon Wynn (Bama/11 tackles in 3 years); Brendan Radley Hiles (OU/Transferred); Taron Vicnent (OSU/ 12 total tackles in his career); Xavier Thomas (Clemson/66 total tackles).

2019: Josh Delgado (Oregon/ 14 catches 183 yds no TDs in 2 years); Evan Neal (Bama/Starting, looks to be the goods); Trey Sanders (Bama/ 30 carries 134 yds no TDs, is behind a stable of studs at Bama so too early to tell for him); Nolan Smith (UGA/40 tackles in 2 years)

2020: Eli Ricks (LSU) Demonte Capehart (Clemson) (too early to tell for either)

Now which of those players would you have wanted? Aside from Oline, idk I feel they may get a little too much hype and also playing with an all-star squad tends to make everyone look pretty good. Obviously some hits but that 2018 class really stands out to me. I am not saying do not recruit the area, all I am saying is lets not waste a ton of resources there as the juice so far doesn't seem worth the squeeze.

Advertisement
Agree that it's a good idea to make as many friends as possible at IMG but recruiting there isn't like recruiting the rest of the state. A lot of their kids are not local so the appeal of "staying home" means nothing to them.

67EB9D23-AD59-4915-8D8F-A4396133E56B.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back