Off-Topic Making football players in a lab

305_separatist

Threskiornithidae
Premium
Is now actually possible, at least from the standpoint of putting on muscle mass and catapulting physical attributes.

This therapy costs only $25k, is not hormonal whatsoever with the illegality and downsides of that approach, and actually improves health markers across the board.

Could open up a big talent pool of guys who might have or be able to build the skill sets required but would be considered risky “projects” at best in need of serious muscle mass.

Could also help everyone else easily build and keep muscle during a season and spend way less time in the weight room and more time conditioning and skill set work.

Given how cheap it is compared to NIL money flying around, who’s the first team that’s gonna start covertly hooking their players up?

Advertisement
This is why I’ve always found it ludicrous when people try to compare athletes, or their statistical data, from different eras. Some of these older guys’ workout routine consisted of Bud Light and a cigar, while now they’re currently making Achilles in a lab somewhere. Just for fun I went back and looked at the average size of High School Parade All-American linemen for each decade since the 60’s and it’s literally insane:

1960’s: 6’2” 232 lbs.
1970’s: 6’4” 251 lbs.
1980’s: 6’5” 272 lbs.
1990’s: 6’6” 295 lbs.
2000’s: 6’5” 320 lbs.
2010’s: 6’6” 321 lbs.

Advertisement
Confused Forget It GIF by Pudgy Penguins

Advertisement
Gene therapy has been around for decades
Sure, it also ran millions of dollars and an early iteration even killed a volunteer in the 90s. Since then it’s gotten much cheaper, better understood, safer, and effective. This new approach which uses “plasmids” and bacteria over viral delivery is innovative and seems like it’s gonna pick up steam quickly at that (initial) price point.

That kind of body transformation requires so much more than follistatin. If follistatin alone did that for 25k, you'd see a lot more bodybuilders around.
Supposedly not. These pics are apparently 4 months apart, and with no diet or regimen change. Ofc we don’t know what that was and it was likely he would have improved in physique anyway, but that’s a massive 4 month transformation regardless.

IMG_0414.jpeg

FWIW I also happened to meet one of the researchers involved at Minicircle months ago before this started getting more public. He’s a former footballer himself, CFB and NFL, turned microbiologist. He recently did the therapy himself and said he gained 20lb of muscle doing his normal routine and life style over 6 months, and I believe he was in his 40s. Guy was razor sharp and was adamant he was a huge skeptic initially but that the trial results they’ve had and research speak for itself.

Looks like he just went on a diet tbh. You could tell he’s looked like that before.

25,000$ when you can buy a vial of test online for 40$….

Nah brah lol. Even if he has muscle memory, you don’t gain a significant amount of muscle like that while also getting cut af in a few months without some help of some kind.

Sure, it also ran millions of dollars and an early iteration even killed a volunteer in the 90s. Since then it’s gotten much cheaper, better understood, safer, and effective. This new approach which uses “plasmids” and bacteria over viral delivery is innovative and seems like it’s gonna pick up steam quickly at that (initial) price point.

View attachment 270849

The company you are referencing via insta has been around more than 10 years.

Advertisement
In actual gene editing news yesterday I read in the NY Times that the FDA has approved two new treatments for sickle cell. One is editing a single gene and it will cost around 2.5 million dollars per person. The other is a more traditional (as so far as cutting edge can be traditional) gene therapy that will cost around 3 million.

Editing genes for athleticism is going to be far more complex.

The company you are referencing via insta has been around more than 10 years.

Minicircle is the company that is pioneering and administrating this therapy and they were founded in 2019. Have no idea what point you’re trying to make though.

Advertisement
Minicircle is the company that is pioneering and administrating this therapy and they were founded in 2019. Have no idea what point you’re trying to make though.
You are talking about an initial price point (your words, not mine) on something that has been in market for years. You positioned it as brand new and it isn’t. Own the L.

You are talking about an initial price point (your words, not mine) on something that has been in market for years. You positioned it as brand new and it isn’t. Own the L.
You know you linked to a stem cell therapy which has nothing to do with the OP right?

The Minicircle follistatin therapy using plasmids only began human trials in 2021 and has only been received by just over 200 people, as is clearly spelled out on their website. Learn to read before trying to deliver “L”s my dude lol.

You know you linked to a stem cell therapy which has nothing to do with the OP right?

The Minicircle follistatin therapy using plasmids only began human trials in 2021 and has only been received by just over 200 people, as is clearly spelled out on their website. Learn to read before trying to deliver “L”s my dude lol.
I linked to Eterna, which is the Instagram post you posted.
IMG_0558.png

Remember this post above, that says “he didn’t change his nutrition or exercise routine significantly”?

And then you commented, AND I QUOTE, “These pics are apparently 4 months apart, and with no diet or regimen change.”

So not only do you not remember what you posted, and then tell me I need to learn how to read, but your original comment based on the post demonstrates that you, my friend, either have reading comprehension issues, or you are trying to promote a product deceptively.

And eterna has been around a decade at least.

I linked to Eterna, which is the Instagram post you posted.
View attachment 270889

Remember this post above, that says “he didn’t change his nutrition or exercise routine significantly”?

And then you commented, AND I QUOTE, “These pics are apparently 4 months apart, and with no diet or regimen change.”

So not only do you not remember what you posted, and then tell me I need to learn how to read, but your original comment based on the post demonstrates that you, my friend, either have reading comprehension issues, or you are trying to promote a product deceptively.

And eterna has been around a decade at least.

I have no stake in this product I just have no clue why you seem to have a personal bone to pick by misrepresenting it so hard lol. It was developed by Minicircle, who’s logo is clearly documented in that post first. There’s also plenty of material on the web about them pioneering it and running the trial on it. I’m assuming since eterna has been around longer, they had a bigger footprint to accelerate trials and testing through their network via a partnership, which is why they were involved and posted about it.

Even if that isn’t the case, I have no idea what the age of eterna has to do with anything. This specific therapy has only been offered extremely recently and 25k is the starting price point. Please link to something relevant to actually try and prove otherwise. All you did was point at an irrelevant stem cell thing.

Your first post was “gene therapy has been around for decades”. But that’s like saying “well Apple has been around since the 80s” to discount their latest product offering. Like huh. Just seems like you’re just trying to confusingly discredit a legitimate innovation to sound like a smart ***.

Advertisement
Back