Make O'Leary, Benjamin, and Shaw beat you

Advertisement
I disagree on Benjamin. He's a big safety net for Winston. He'll throw it up to him when he's covered, doubled even. If u really want to make **** uncomfortable, u have to take away the guy he's most comfortable throwing to. Now as for o'leary and shaw, force them to make plays

Last edited:
I disagree on Benjamin. He's a big safety net for Winston. He'll throw it up to him when he's covered, doubled even. If u really want to make **** uncomfortable, u have to take away the guy he's most comfortable throwing to. Now as for o'leary and shaw, force them to make plays

naw u shouldnt "force" any of their receivers to make plays b/c O'leary and Shaw can do that all day if they have to.....

Just play the defense and dont let O'leary get off the line clean on every snap like we did w/ Ebron.....

Nobody is going to shut down Greene and Benjamin all game.... Gunter and Howard just have to make it difficult for them as possible which they can do.

Have Deon destroy anybody underneath and let Rayshawn make plays off of the hailmarys that Jameis likes to throw.

Aggressive man to man coverage, be physical, no ***** **** soft *** zone, we will get torched, DB's gotta put their big boy pants on

When I said "force", I meant direct the press man coverage to the other guys and bracket Greene and Benjamin as much as possible. But yea, anyway u slice it, we're gonna have to play a lot of man coverage. Certainly more than coach D likes to play. Hopefully we can get consistent pressure on Winston

Advertisement
I dont think Miami should play a lot of man coverage honestly...... that's how u get beat deep and that's how Jameis Winston can break loose running the ball.

I think the zone schemes we run is the best defense, but we could mix it up w/ man at times too.... the front 4 is just going to have to win the battle in the trenches and be able to contain, get pressure, and make Jameis throw some bad passes.

FSU kept chipping Vic Beasly and that completely made Clemson's D-line ineffective for most of the game.... but when you have more players that you have to watch out for then you cant do that.

Look FSU had a BYE Week, and was ready for Clemson. If you look at their games before, FSU's o-line isnt that good at all honestly, Jameis has broke loose from a lot of would be sacks and just made plays.

Our D-line rotates enough where, FSU cant just scheme and take out 1 man b/c more then 1 man on our D-line can create pressure as well. Miami just needs to not make any mental errors and play smart.

If Miami's defense is just giving up 5-8 yard passes for the most part, and FSU has to settle for FGs, then that's a win. The big 40 yard Hailmary's is what gets their offense going and their team excited. Shut that down, key in on the run game, and keep the receptions in front of the defense and Miami will be in good position to win.

Benjamin is key....his ability to make plays in crucial situations by going up and catching a ball at the highest point is game changing. Guy's tall and he can out jump everybody. We need to be physical with him, Disrupt him, use Pass Interference to the advantage, 15 is better than 40. Just neutralize.

I HATE TRAILORHASSEE

Can we cover a TE yet? If not, prepare the ****, for Jameis and O Leary. I expect him to gain at least 100 yards against us.

Advertisement
I am very surprised the D'Nofrio and Golden did not install the Bellachiek (SP?) approach that the Pats did to Jimmy Graham.

Don't let him get a clean release off the line, and stick your biggest most physical DB on him and stick to him no matter the coverage behind you.

If Deon were 100% I would say use him, but we all know he isn't as strong as he should be. Maybe Gunter can be that guy, IDK.

Did we hit a time-space continuum and warp past Wake Forest already! Sweet!! 7-0 BABY!!!!!

we have to blitz this winston cat... cant let dude sit back there and tear us apart..

i just think we need to blitz when its right and within the scheme.... like how Miami sends KC or Deon on a blitz. It just has to be timed right.

Cant just blitz mindlessly or the defense is going to get carved up anyway.

Let the front 4 create pressure and set McCord loose on 3rd downs.... what we've been doing is the best approach, just play smarter and lock on Nick O'leary like Miami did to Ebron in the 2nd half.

Contain Gunter and Greene and go from there..... FSU is going to score, Miami's offense has to do the same.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back