Make Harley missed catches

Advertisement
No worries, I told Richt to let him work with a jugs machine after practice. He be straight soon.

Oh my lort all true freshman receivers aren't Ahmmon Richards? This is an incredible revelation. I feel scared and disillusioned, confused and alone in the world.

Y'all remember Braxton's freshman year? The FSU game specifically, when he dropped a TD that probably puts the game in the win column for us. You don't get better without playing, you don't learn to shake off drops without getting more passes thrown your way. I'm thrilled Harley is beating guys and running clean routes. The catches will come.

Same with Thomas on KR. He looks like a scared little fig leaf right now, because he's returned a handful of kicks on this level. You don't take him out, you let him develop, get comfortable. Then the athlete can emerge.

Also who the heck is Make Harley?

Agree with this. Yes the drops are untimely sat times but your hope is he overcomes this. If it continues however then you address the issue. Not concerned about Thomas at all at this point.

I'm not down on Harley, he's talented and I think he'll be an asset. But I'd like to see Deejay get some of those chances.

I'm inclined to the "give it time" camp - however, I suspicious that receivers with bad hands is not a fixable trait.

Advertisement
I remember the last freshmen wr with a case of the early drops, he turned out pretty good. Stacey Coley.

Well Leonard Hankerson or was it Ryan Moore that was the hands of stone, and turned it around?

Frustrating yes!

Has to work through it.

Coaches have to get it out of him . . .

Advertisement
Harley looked bad. He couldn't locate the ball and couldn't catch it either. He will improve, but our receivers aren't very good unless Richards is on the field.

Yes he's had some drops but the kid has also made some spectacular grabs. Give him props and constructive criticism but don't bash a true freshman weighing 150 lbs in his first away game against much better competition. He will get better, my thing is Richt seems stubborn when it comes to getting others more PT, I think Deejay and Thomas need more reps, especially Thomas since his shirt is burned.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back