Major Applewhite to be named new offensive coordinator at Miami

Status
Not open for further replies.
Def a solid hire on paper

Big 12 is weird conference tho if someone forces a punt or 2 they win the game

Advertisement
2BCF1E34-FD20-42EB-BFD2-1543425610F8.jpeg
I’ll be interested to see how he does

You sure Herman didn’t call plays at Houston? Cuz he seems like the type that would call his own plays

It would make sense why they hired him as HC so I’ll take your word for it
Yeah he did, applewhite learned the system from Herman and called the plays those 2 seasons

Has Stefan officially come out and said he got this wrong? If not then hmmmmmmm.

Anyone thinks some of the hires/decision have been made just not public yet ? I mean The canesfootball account is following 2 of the confirmed reported hires in Blake baker and the strength and conditioning coach and also Major Applewhite still so that’s interesting. I saw we announced the strength and conditioning coach yesterday but not Blake baker who is reported to have been hired days ago. His twitter by the way doesn’t have any mention of Miami or recent activity and it still says la tech. Maybe they are waiting to release it all at once? Whatever it is, stuff should be leaking out the next few days considering the dead period ends pretty soon

Interesting

Advertisement
The whole thing is dumb. Only at Miami is everything shrouded in mystery. Only to find out that the mystery was actually a lack of qualified coaches being hired.
That’s exactly how I remember feeling during the search that ended with Shannon being hired as HC.

• Agree
Reactions: 3GC
Anyone thinks some of the hires/decision have been made just not public yet ? I mean The canesfootball account is following 2 of the confirmed reported hires in Blake baker and the strength and conditioning coach and also Major Applewhite still so that’s interesting. I saw we announced the strength and conditioning coach yesterday but not Blake baker who is reported to have been hired days ago. His twitter by the way doesn’t have any mention of Miami or recent activity and it still says la tech. Maybe they are waiting to release it all at once? Whatever it is, stuff should be leaking out the next few days considering the dead period ends pretty soon

They followed Applewhite a couple of days ago.

Before the reported deal fell through.

Advertisement
Been saying Stef was right all along. He should do his prodigious balls like Easter eggs and line up all your sassy mouths in a row and just walk that line and dip those pendulous Easter eggs in each doubting little feminine “gotcha” mouth.

These pussies are just waiting for him to be wrong, so they can play the gotcha game and feel superior, they lead such miserable fūckin lives.

Pathetic.

Been saying Stef was right all along. He should do his prodigious balls like Easter eggs and line up all your sassy mouths in a row and just walk that line and dip those pendulous Easter eggs in each doubting little feminine “gotcha” mouth.
He did come out in support of Applebag so it’s fitting for sure

These pussies are just waiting for him to be wrong, so they can play the gotcha game and feel superior, they lead such miserable fūckin lives.

Pathetic.
Pathetic. Like the great Bob Schimmel once said of fake wrestling, if you wanna make it real the winner should get to fck the other guy in the ring. That way at least you know someone’s fightin for real.
If Stef could stand behind (pun intended) a rule like that it would probably keep some of the jackwagons from piping up.

im a little disappointed that stefan hasnt commented on this one way or the other, though.

if hes confident its still applewhite, he should be doubling and tripling down. daring posters to call the supposed bluff

he must think he got it wrong but hes remaining silent praying this will still somehow turn out well for him.

Advertisement
FWIW

the source that gave me the news of the weekend Diaz was hired gave me an update (https://www.canesinsight.com/threads/details-of-the-weekend-diaz-got-hired.143919/page-5)

"he said he'll ask around again tomorrow and see if he can get any new information - its been a few days since he's checked in with his sources. One name that a couple of higher ups were looking at last week is the Toledo OC, but not sure if these are the heavyweights on the BOT, or others. "

FWIW

the source that gave me the news of the weekend Diaz was hired gave me an update (https://www.canesinsight.com/threads/details-of-the-weekend-diaz-got-hired.143919/page-5)

"he said he'll ask around again tomorrow and see if he can get any new information - its been a few days since he's checked in with his sources. One name that a couple of higher ups were looking at last week is the Toledo OC, but not sure if these are the heavyweights on the BOT, or others. "

Thank you so much, Darius.

:)

Advertisement
As I said in another thread, I really do think some of the hires have been made. A number of OCs are coming off the board and a lot of musical chairs are going on in the coaching circles. Manny doesn’t come across or strike me as someone without a plan. He seems like he has a plan and has an aggressive style. I don’t think he’s scrambling anymore at this point..at least not with the OC spot.

I agree. And it's not like he was just hired to be a HC. I am sure he had his list of candidates ready from his time getting ready to take over at Temple.

im a little disappointed that stefan hasnt commented on this one way or the other, though.

if hes confident its still applewhite, he should be doubling and tripling down. daring posters to call the supposed bluff

he must think he got it wrong but hes remaining silent praying this will still somehow turn out well for him.
He may want to protect confidential sources..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back