Major Applewhite to be named new offensive coordinator at Miami

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sometimes you have to lie to those direct questions.
I hate Nick Saban for many reasons, but never really saw the big-deal about him lying to the
soFla press when asked if he was taking the Alabama job.
What was he supposed to have said?
I guess one can make a vague denial as we saw many times with folks like Butch Davis when he was
the UM HC, but all that did is fuel more speculation and questions, especially whenever there was a
press conference.
Basically, I don't think one owes it to the reporters to be honest at all times.
That's their problem.

Doesn't really stop speculating one way or another. People are still saying he's a candidate regardless.

Maybe it's just me but you can still be deflective and maintain integrity to your principles.

Advertisement
Doesn't really stop speculating one way or another. People are still saying he's a candidate regardless.

Maybe it's just me but you can still be deflective and maintain integrity to your principles.

I respect where you are coming from.
As a Clemson fan I would respect him lying at least for now, to as not to deflect from the bigger picture, which
is the national championship.

As I said in another thread, I really do think some of the hires have been made. A number of OCs are coming off the board and a lot of musical chairs are going on in the coaching circles. Manny doesn’t come across or strike me as someone without a plan. He seems like he has a plan and has an aggressive style. I don’t think he’s scrambling anymore at this point..at least not with the OC spot.

The whole thing is dumb. Only at Miami is everything shrouded in mystery. Only to find out that the mystery was actually a lack of qualified coaches being hired.
You don't know this you're just speculating

Advertisement
Sometimes you have to lie to those direct questions.
I hate Nick Saban for many reasons, but never really saw the big-deal about him lying to the
soFla press when asked if he was taking the Alabama job.
What was he supposed to have said?
I guess one can make a vague denial as we saw many times with folks like Butch Davis when he was
the UM HC, but all that did is fuel more speculation and questions, especially whenever there was a
press conference.
Basically, I don't think one owes it to the reporters to be honest at all times.
That's their problem.
When you hear “I don’t see myself leaving” or “I plan to be here” that’s coach speak 101. Scott never said, “I’ll never leave Clemson for an OC gig.” They use vague terms when they want to appear fully committed but can later back out.

Beggining to agree with Stefan. Talked to Blake and Manolo and they are sneaky with a nervous look when I mentioned Applewhite.

Beggining to agree with Stefan. Talked to Blake and Manolo and they are sneaky with a nervous look when I mentioned Applewhite.

If that’s the case, the announcement needs to be made. Hiding that makes no sense

Advertisement
If that’s the case, the announcement needs to be made. Hiding that makes no sense
For whatever reason they haven’t completed the screening/contractual details. Maybe it’s as simple as this went down near the weekend and no one is working in the school offices. They haven’t announced the DC either, and everyone seems certain it’s Baker.

They’re going to announce it tomorrow night so it scrolls across the ticker during the NC:

“Miami announces they will be hiring Major Applewhite as OC. They also said #makethecribgreat and wanted the world to know Miami has nice weather.”

When you hear “I don’t see myself leaving” or “I plan to be here” that’s coach speak 101. Scott never said, “I’ll never leave Clemson for an OC gig.” They use vague terms when they want to appear fully committed but can later back out.
It’s just like an AD giving a coach their full support, only to fire them days later. Happens all the time. Same with coaches saying they are happy where they currently are, then leaving days later.

Advertisement
They’re going to announce it tomorrow night so it scrolls across the ticker during the NC:

“Miami announces they will be hiring Major Applewhite as OC. They also said #makethecribgreat and wanted the world to know Miami has nice weather.”
#cringebait

Advertisement
Wright is 58.
Wright is not 58. He’s more like 46.

I know it says he is 58 if you google him but it is wrong. There was an article when he took over at FAU a few years ago that mentioned he was 41 then Plus he played in college from 91-94 meaning he was born around 73.

I’ll be interested to see how he does

:img-0076c::reaction:
Up tempo, fast, explosive spread
Tom Herman influenced playbook, he literally sat him down and taught him how to run his system and then applewhite called plays for Houston while he was there and did well including beating #9 fsu and #3 Oklahoma

This system will fit very well in Miami....

Spread days are here

You sure Herman didn’t call plays at Houston? Cuz he seems like the type that would call his own plays

It would make sense why they hired him as HC so I’ll take your word for it

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back