Major Applewhite to be named new offensive coordinator at Miami

Status
Not open for further replies.
My only concern, as someone already pointed out in this thread, is that they weren't too successful calling the plays together at UT. Will this time be any different?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Coaching at Miami is a job killer and we are getting coaches with losing records.

My only concern, as someone already pointed out in this thread, is that they weren't too successful calling the plays together at UT. Will this time be any different?
What does Texas have to do with anything? IS Diaz the same coach he was at Texas? No, his talent pool got better and he’s able to run his defense better. Applewhite will be coaching the most talent he ever had with this type of scheme, he will/should perform better too

Advertisement
It's really a shame his specialty is not as a DC... we could have a cool Apple Turnover Chain reaction:
Capturea1111.PNG

We’re 15 years late to the party. We finally get a modern offense with a widely respected coach. How can anyone not like this move? It’s like we just entered a new epoch of Miami football and left the Stone Age.
Issue is do we have enough talented players on offense to execute it effectively.

Miami OC's since 1989

Bob Bratkowski
Rich Olson
Larry Coker
Chud
Dan Werner
Pat Nix
Mark Whipple
Jedd Fisch
James Coley
Richt/Brown

Major Applewhite would rate as the #3 hire on that list at worse. Fisch and Bratkowski were awesome.

Great job Manny, lets riiiide.....

Advertisement
I like it. I think Fedora is not the type who would accept going from a HC to an OC. The best "available" IMO.

Ironically I think Temple is only paying attention because of our interest in him. Once Applewhite officially is hired, I think Temple will turn around and hire Fran Brown or another defensive minded coach as HC.

Advertisement
What does Texas have to do with anything? IS Diaz the same coach he was at Texas? No, his talent pool got better and he’s able to run his defense better. Applewhite will be coaching the most talent he ever had with this type of scheme, he will/should perform better too

I am not denying any of this, just pointing out something extremely relevant.

I dont care who the oc is, as long as its an oc that's not no punk and scared to challenge any defense im cool with it. Its more important who our position coaches are than who our oc is when it comes to recruiting. Those are going to be the hires that matters most, itll be important not hire position coaches who arent enamored by 40times and measurables, because coaches can come here and get awe struck, and start starting guys over actual ballers just based off of physical talent instead of football i.q. and playmakers.

Case in point, it was good seeing lingard ride the pine and have to work his way up cause he couldnt pass protect. As long as we get position coaches in here that makes guys earn it, im cool with it, that's why you gotta be careful putting to many outsiders on a Miami staff who might just become awe struck. When you got a guy like coach rumph on staff, what player gone come and out do alot of the guys he played with or even out do what he did, he only gone be impressed if you ballin at a certain level and that level means you might just be on your way as one of the greats!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back