Major Applewhite to be named new offensive coordinator at Miami

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Just imagine for one second...

You're a five-star running back from the heart of the Pork N Beans. You have known nothing but despair and poverty in your life. The violent sport of football is your only avenue out of such conditions. And you have a big choice to make. You're down to Miami, Alabama, Florida, Florida State, and Georgia...this in-home visit is going mean a lot...

...and this guy walks in...

220px-Major_applewhite.jpg

That'd be funny.

You're a five-star running back from the heart of the Pork N Beans. You have known nothing but despair and poverty in your life. The violent sport of football is your only avenue out of such conditions. And you have a big choice to make. You're down to Miami, Alabama, Florida, Florida State, and Georgia...this in-home visit is going mean a lot...

That'd be funny.
Ah, the old adage. Two in the pink, one in the stink. A true family man.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Quit whining until you have something to whine about. Or does just looking in the mirror make you cry?

Well if you actually watched football...there are 20+(if not more) schools that do it

sarcasm my friend.

I watched the 1st half of the peach bowl and here are my takeways

Solid gameplan by Applewhite
Houston likes to get lined up quickly, making the defense think quick on how to line up and identify keys
Lots of check with me to get the best play call
Moderate use of motion, mainly in the running game
Lots of quick passing (slants, bubble screens, a few drags), No real down field passing, likely playing to Greg Ward's strengths and to mitigate FSU pass rush
Lots of use of the H-back
A good amount of QB run (sweeps, read option)
Applewhite did a good job of setting up plays ... example: using the QB sweep and rollout then calling a couple reverses off that action

From a UT fan:

"Manny Diaz, who was Temple's head coach for 17 days, plans to hire Major Applewhite, who was just fired as Houston's head coach, to be his new offensive coordinator at Miami (FL). Hope those two do a better job running the defense and offense together than they did at Texas."
They are salty because they can’t land an oc

Advertisement
***** it if he beat FSU and Oklahoma then I'm good with Applewhite. Beats anything we had the past three years. Let's remember just a week ago we were facing another season as Corch Pricht being the play caller and lil john being the QB coach. Things are changing and it's for the better.

Advertisement

That'd be funny.

Yo Lmfaooo this got me weak 😂😂😂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back