Major Applewhite not expected to get OC Job

Advertisement
I just use logic. If I am a Co-OC at one of the easily two best programs in the country, do I plummet here to simply remove the "co"?

if the reasoning is that its my show and i can call plays and game plan an offense. also get a bump in pay from it (they won't pay him more than elliot who is the primary play caller there)

Hey, I hope you're right. I just don't see it. Wright is more likely based on the program perception bump and $, that's all.

BEDENBAUGH. Manny, let's run that Oklahoma O, soon to be known as the South Beach Spread.

Sorry Lieutenant Applesauce
Bedenbaugh has never called plays. I get the feeling that Manny isn't going to gamble the teams/his future on an OC who has never called a game before IMO.

Advertisement
Upon hearing of this great news, I am now walking around my house like this...

tenor.gif
I always walk around the house like that...when no one's looking.

Advertisement
Anybody but applewhite.

Fans of every team he coached hated him. And he’s twice fired. They ran him out of Houston after year 2 and Saban kicked him in the @ss as he walked out of the door. We dodged a bullet

Ummmm..but he wasn’t signing on to be our HC. Remember? Or are you just making **** up again?

So Dabo let him call a play or two for $hits and giggles in the blowout games? I need more explanation here...

He called the play that won them the NC a couple of years ago. That’s trusting the guy to call plays during the most critical of moments.

Advertisement
You have to laugh at all these stories and rumors you read and hear. It's an absolute must.

Here's the stone cold truth: ABSOLUTELY NOTHING HAS CHANGED on the offensive front.

Currently unemployed:
Fedora
Applewhite

Currently employed by another university:
Wright
Scott

This tells me a few things:

1. An extremely small percentage of posters out there (not me) actually know what's going on - and they are not posting about it
2. The overwhelming majority of rumors and posts from "insiders" is a tremendously large, hot, steaming, pile of bull**** (surprise :smiley-simmons:)
3. We will know more when we see it on the scroll and the ink is dry
4. Until then, take every single post from anyone who wants to present like they are "in the know" with the smallest grain of salt

Last edited:
Jeff scott could be a great play caller

but we're Miami. I don't believe we should be the first OC gig for anyone. Want to see someone who's killed it at a smaller program, showed sustained success and then has proven to get to the big time

“We’re Miami” people need to get that out of their head. Cfb for Miami has not been about competing for championships for nearly 15 years. Cfb for 95% of football is about having fun and beating your rival. Nebraska has won championships, but just like us, they are not going to be making home run hires.

Fans need to start tempering expectations. Scott would be a good hire, he’s young, great recruitor, he’s worked with the second best Hc in the last decade and he’s one of the minds behind a great Clemson offense. If we started the OC search at the end of the regular season like every other team this year maybe it’s a different story.

Advertisement
What a ride , all these EPIC posts of the apple and Hester coming and now there’s no idea coming except Kenneth I guess

Advertisement
Back