Maine at Miami, Game 1

"How in the world does he get caught at second base? He's the winning run!" Thanks, Joe. We continue to find ways to play embarrassing baseball.

And now we have to have Quinones up to bat again to lead off next inning instead of going to the top of the order. This is soul crushing baseball. Just plain pitiful.

Advertisement
How fitting is it that we pussed out of the doubleheader because we have no pitching, and here we are in the 14th inning.

Wicho Hernandez says "You couldn't have picked a better time to get your first hit" after Quinones ropes a double in the 14th. Guess he forgot about the two previous at bats that he could have won the game with a hit.

Alright, let's see if Cloonan can bunt these two guys into scoring position. I think I remember him blowing a bunting opportunity earlier (either earlier tonight, which seems like a long time ago, or maybe yesterday).

Advertisement
Thrown out at home with no outs... How many different ways can we NOT score tonight?

Then we get the tying run on a wild pitch. This is the baseball gods trying to punish us and make this awful game last even longer.

Inning ends with two consecutive strikeouts with a runner on second. Both looking. Tenth time tonight we've struck out looking. 18th or 19th strikeout overall. How many of them with runners in scoring position?

On we go to the 15th inning.

Last edited:
Advertisement
That was a funny play. Funny, as in, how are these guys playing at Miami. That kind of funny.

I've been watching for six hours (six!) and it has been mistake after mistake. So maybe my frustration has eliminated my ability to be reasonable right now. But this is worst Miami team since before Ron Fraser, right? I can forgive players for bad performances. But this game is an indictment. It's not just guys making errors in the field or some other flukey issues. This is just a dumb, poorly prepared team that doesn't have the talent to out-talent a team from a bull **** conference with no prospects.

This is beyond ridiculous. I coached little league teams that played smarter than this. That was a highlight reel catch though.

I've been watching for six hours (six!) and it has been mistake after mistake. So maybe my frustration has eliminated my ability to be reasonable right now. But this is worst Miami team since before Ron Fraser, right?

Has to be. The 2002 team couldn't pitch, but at least they had some hitters who were fun to watch.

Advertisement
Hahaha. The least deserved win of all time? No hyperbole. Is that the least deserved win of all time? Joe Zagacki literally said right before that hit, "This is the third opportunity for Toral to win the game in extras." Crazy that it took that many chances, but we finally got a couple hits in a row. Thank God. What a relief. Now let's bury these poor guys from Maine tomorrow and move on the ACC and forget about these struggles.

A win is a win but they should be embarrassed by that performance, not celebrating like they just won the World Series.

Advertisement
Watching these guya throw up the U and dog pile at second. After winning a 16 inning game to draw the series level vs. Maine MAKES ME MORE ANGRY THAN IVE EVER BEEN. News Flash- you havent done anything besides making K's an artform......****

Watching these guya throw up the U and dog pile at second. After winning a 16 inning game to draw the series level vs. Maine MAKES ME MORE ANGRY THAN IVE EVER BEEN. News Flash- you havent done anything besides making K's an artform......****

Seriously? That's embarrassing. If I'm Maine I'm watching that thinking "this is Miami baseball in 2018?"

Advertisement
Back