Maine at Miami, Game 1

We suck and are going to continue to suck. We are not making the regionals for the second straight year but don’t worry the program is fine. Hate to say it but we are in trouble. At this current time we are the seventh best program in our own state. Not in the country but in the state! This is going to take multiple years to get it corrected and I’m skeptical on the coach in waiting to get it corrected. Canes baseball is currently on life support.

7th is even questionable, can this team beat Jacksonville, Stetson...**** Tampa and Barry would give us ****.

Advertisement
our last hope is if dimare changes a lot and that our hitting lows are on morris and not him, yea one can hope but i doubt it this is unreal

Fly the banners? How can we force a change?

Football and baseball are the two high profile sports where Miami has multiple rings. Miami did what we thought was impossible and paid twice as much for a new Head Coach for football and made massive upgrades to facilities. Nicest stadium, IPF, excellent HC - plenty of reasons to believe we are on path back to championship.

College baseball looks like a complete dead end. UF has made Miami its b#tch in baseball, and for that reason alone Morris should be fired. DiMare might be the hitting coach equivalent of Coach Kool and a technical maestro, but like Coach Kool he doesn't appear to be a good recruiter. Some people think it's just a lack of experience that is responsible for the team sucking so much the last few years - I think it is obvious that the team simply doesn't have the talent.

The batters are the most timid I have ever seen! They watch beautiful strikes go by and swing at crap in the dirt. Pitching is just as horrendous, I dont think the pitchers could buy a strike! How does the admin justify keeping these coaches employed? Anyone else with this poor of a job performance would be fired! This of course excludes politicians and weather men, lol.

Advertisement
We're about to spoil a runner on third with zero outs. Two ******* consecutive strike outs... looking! In the bottom of the 9th in a situation that pretty much any contact is going to win the game. Looking!

Winning run on third with no outs in the bottom of the ninth...

Strike out LOOKING
Strike out LOOKING
Walk
Strike out swinging

We suck and are going to continue to suck. We are not making the regionals for the second straight year but don’t worry the program is fine. Hate to say it but we are in trouble. At this current time we are the seventh best program in our own state. Not in the country but in the state! This is going to take multiple years to get it corrected and I’m skeptical on the coach in waiting to get it corrected. Canes baseball is currently on life support.

agreed.

the baseball program is non-existant

Advertisement
Maine pitcher Eddie Emerson, who came into the game with a 9.53 ERA, has struck out seven of the nine batters he has faced.

He faced 21 Texas Tech batters and had one strikeout.

Maine pitcher Eddie Emerson, who came into the game with a 9.53 ERA, has struck out seven of the nine batters he has faced.

He faced 21 Texas Tech batters and had one strikeout.

It's embarrassing. I went to my first Canes baseball game in either '89 or '90 as a child. Interestingly enough it was against the University of Maine. I love all things Canes and I'm eternally hopeful. But this is so **** disheartening. It's going to get ugly against ACC teams.

Advertisement
Winning run on 3rd in the 11th......strike out looking.

Where's our new writer to tell us that we're swinging too much.

Another strikeout (looking) with the winning run on third in the 11th inning. This kid Emerson who is pitching for Maine is throwing identical breaking balls that we keep watching drop right into the strike zone.

Advertisement
Two more strikeouts (on six pitches, nothing fancy either) to start the 12th. Then Romy walked on a ball that could have been called a strike, and Gil hits a feeble pop to second. 16 Ks and 18 LOB so far. 3-23 with runners in scoring position.

Last edited:
Anybody who puts themselves into watching this needs therapy quickly. Anybody know a good psychologist?

Oh boy. How does this keep happening? Toral again. What are the coaches telling these guys who keep looking at strike three in game-winning situations?

Advertisement
Back