#3. Harbaugh: 15-19/ 4-14/ 1-5
#4. Dabs: 37-23/ 16-11/ 11-8
#5. Riley: 14-9/ 7-4/ 3-3
#6. Kelly: 23-24/ 4-16/ 4-16
#7. Day: 18-6/ 11-5/ 4-3
#8. Whitt (U): 14-22/ 6-9/ 0-3
#9. Franklin: 11-23/ 3-15/ 1-2

UR Cristobal: 7-8/ 3-2/ 1-1

Looking objectively, ATM is somewhat more talented, but having followed Mario at Oregon, he consistently had them up for big games (exception being Utah the last season when he had one foot out the door as well as half the team out with injuries.) But they had multiple big game wins when they were the underdog- Ohio State in Columbus, Wisconsin in the Rose Bowl, destroying Utah in the P12 championship, USC in the P12 Championship, Washington when they were playoff contenders. Even games they lost like the Auburn and Stanford games with some late game mistakes, they came to play and physically had their way.

I'm not sure what he does to get the team ready, but they usually over perform in big games.
Mario and our Canes have to beat the teams they're supposed to after this game, no matter if they win or lose. In the previous 3 SEC games, LSU, UF & A&M they competed fairly well and could have won two of them if we could punt, or field a punt (and not drop a TD pass). But afterwards, it didn't look like the same team on the field and we collapsed, losing to underdogs (and getting embarrassed).

This is a game that focus should be on the OL, because we didn't even have an average line in the SEC games we lost. They show up as a group, then maybe things change for the program. If not then its deja vu all over again

Advertisement
Who would win: Manny with our D Line or Jason Taylor with TAMU’s?
Perfect Segway. The trailer for Episode 2 of the new series “The Krazies” starring @KrazyCane and you is ready.

IMG_9821.gif

I guess we are just ignoring all of last season?
Yes we are and with good reason. 2022 was a transition year. Mario had just come in and the roster and the program in general were an unmitigated disaster. This year will be a much better gauge of his coaching style, leadership ability and what he is capable of overall. He has brought in 41 new players and 2 new coordinators plus new position coaches. Last year the team was chock full of lazy primadonnas who had no desire to work hard and were on their way out in addition to an OC who was the very definition of toxic. So yes we are going to ignore last year because it just isn't a good example of a Mario Cristobal coached team.

My reasons for optimism:

- Shannon Dawson’s play calling
- Lance Guidry’s aggressive, but smart Defensive style
- Jumbo Fisher is a Corch cut from the same cloth as Brian Kelly & Jimothy Harboogie
I never realized that you were a fan of Shannon Dawson. That's very interesting and has me even more optimistic than usual. I agree with you about Guidry. I like his defensive philosophy and he is very cerebral. I also love the importance he puts on being able to make adjustments during the game.

In terms of this particular game it will be the battle between Dawson and Durkin that will decide this game. We need to score 31+ to have a good chance to win.

Advertisement
We haven’t won an out of conference game against a P5 school since Notre Dame in 2017, going 0-7 with an average defeat of 32-16 since then. Im squarely in the “show me” category. I think we have a decent chance but it’s guarded optimism at best lol

I'm in the same boat as you. I think Miami can win tmw night but history goes against this. I won't pick Miami until they actually show me they can win these games.

We have an opportunity an awesome opportunity to break the chain on national TV.
We have the talent to do it the only thing we need is the stomach to go to war.

This is the only issue I see in this team that hasn’t been tested , do we have the mental toughness and perseverance to sustain a 4 quarter roller coaster fight.

This mean not shooting our self in the foot with penalties.

I would defer to second half if we win the flip , it is KEY to put our D on the field and get a 3 and out or a turnover. This will put a huge ? on there game planning and mindset, thinking will be TAM downfall as we release the dogs to FEED .

TAM first O series is what there counting on for there success, this tells them of our WILL TO FIGHT or DIAPER WIPE attitude.

GOCANES

Advertisement
Context:

Rank/ Coach/ vs Top 25/ vs Top 10/ vs OOC Top 10

I was curious about who actually had a good record against top 25 opponents. I imagine most coaches have losing records.

Context:

Rank/ Coach/ vs Top 25/ vs Top 10/ vs OOC Top 10

Context? Where the **** you think you at? This is CIS! You either slurp or mope! Pick your side homeboy!

Anyone bringing up Mario's record against ranked teams while at FIU leads me to believe that they have an IQ around the same number as their shoe size. Beyond moronic.

Advertisement
I'm on the fence for this one. Last year I questioned our physicality vs their's, that was quickly alleviated once the ball was snapped. This year I question our receivers. Hopefully the group has been working nonstop and Dawson has a great gameplan.

real talk. So many fragile dudes tripping over each other to calm their nerves with a post that protects themselves from disappointment.

I am by no means a football expert, but watching the film from last weekend gave me a lot to be excited about going into this game.
Agreed. Wins/losses both have value. We win, let’s not get over our skies. Lose, there’s lessons. I raised and nurtured a D1 athlete and the three most important things I told her and all my kids was, Every stumbling blocking is a stepping stone, Every obstacle is an opportunity and always have your reach to exceed your grasp. This Canes team, a good mix of talented upperclassmen and very talented freshman have the opportunity to step up and step out and exceed expectations. They deserve our support. 🙌🏽GoCanes# CANESNATIONLIFER

Advertisement
Back