Mackenzie Mgbako

You realize this kid is a pick-and-pop shooter right? Yes he can rebound and block some shots but he isnt sitting down in the paint or shooting 12 footers.

I am not saying he is a can't miss 5-star 1 and done. But this kid has the potential to really soften the loss of Miller. Let's just assume he is as good as advertised and Wong Stays. Pack, Wong, Wooga, and Omier are your top 4 to start. But this kid slides into the 4 and creates the same mismatches Miller had but with some more height. Then Omier has the same space to operate. Then with taller teams, you can go this kid(6'9), Omier(6'7 but a bull as we know) and Nwoko(6'10) and/or a transfer big. Throw in Casey with another year.

I dont think we even end up in the mix, but depending on how L fills out this roster we def have a chance to be bigger and deeper next year. We just have to hope it meshes the way the past two years have.

Advertisement
There’s no question he would fit perfectly into L’s system and would be a terrific get.

But I would expect a kid like that to have a lot of demands… that I’m not sure L and/or the Collective would be willing or able to meet.

I expect his decommitment from Duke had something to do with what those demands might be.

There’s no question he would fit perfectly into L’s system and would be a terrific get.

But I would expect a kid like that to have a lot of demands… that I’m not sure L and/or the Collective would be willing or able to meet.

I expect his decommitment from Duke had something to do with what those demands might be.
Kyle F and the majority of the roster coming back was the big reason. He figured he'd walk right in and start at the 3/4.

You realize this kid is a pick-and-pop shooter right? Yes he can rebound and block some shots but he isnt sitting down in the paint or shooting 12 footers.

I am not saying he is a can't miss 5-star 1 and done. But this kid has the potential to really soften the loss of Miller. Let's just assume he is as good as advertised and Wong Stays. Pack, Wong, Wooga, and Omier are your top 4 to start. But this kid slides into the 4 and creates the same mismatches Miller had but with some more height. Then Omier has the same space to operate. Then with taller teams, you can go this kid(6'9), Omier(6'7 but a bull as we know) and Nwoko(6'10) and/or a transfer big. Throw in Casey with another year.

I dont think we even end up in the mix, but depending on how L fills out this roster we def have a chance to be bigger and deeper next year. We just have to hope it meshes the way the past two years have.
Love this kids game. 20 years ago this kid is a 3 in the mold of Charles Smith, Derrick Mckey, Xavier McDaniel with more of a jump shot and a slashing game. Today he’s a small ball 4 who can create matchup problems inside or outside depending on if the other team is going big or going small.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Omier will be a 5 again. Mgbako would be a 4 which is exactly what L is looking for right now.
Omier should be a 4. Wish we could land ****inson. Slide Omier to the 4. I like this freshman center coming in. Underrated. Might see some Omier at the 4 when those two are playing together.

Advertisement
Neither is Omier. We need a real center in the portal.
If you can find a 4 that can take some of the pressure off of Omier then you can play Norchad at the 5. We’d be athletic as **** while not giving up nearly as much size. Miami needs a legit 4, and with the Frosh coming in, we should have a legit big coming off the bench to eat minutes, something we didn’t have the last couple of years.

All this is moot dude isn’t coming here and as far as I know we haven’t reached out .

Advertisement
Neither is Omier. We need a real center in the portal.
He’d be the perfect complement to Omier. He’s got the size and strength to be able to guard big 4’s and the speed to stay with smaller 4’s as well. He looks like he will be a good rebounder in college and his offensive game meshes perfectly with Norchad, Norchad can band inside Mgbako can score from all 3 levels.

He’d be the perfect complement to Omier. He’s got the size and strength to be able to guard big 4’s and the speed to stay with smaller 4’s as well. He looks like he will be a good rebounder in college and his offensive game meshes perfectly with Norchad, Norchad can band inside Mgbako can score from all 3 levels.
Oh yeah?

Advertisement
Back