Mackenzie Mgbako

Advertisement

any mutual interest here?

any mutual interest here?
8F559083-A964-4513-8D64-E00006140EBF.gif

Advertisement
One problem, Coach L doesn't play freshman bigs.

Sure, go ahead and tell me I am wrong but first, tell me the last freshman big that got significant playing time at Miami.

The jeopardy music is now playing.......
L's never had a freshman quality (5 star) recruit who plays Center. Him, or pretty much any other UM coach. I'm sure this ex-Duke signee would play a lot.

Bigs like Jekiri, Izundu, Rod Miller, Gamble and Popa (30 yrs ago for Constantin) were all projects or needed serious development as Frosh. Reggie had his weight issues.

L's never had a freshman quality (5 star) recruit who plays Center. Him, or pretty much any other UM coach. I'm sure this ex-Duke signee would play a lot.

Bigs like Jekiri, Izundu, Rod Miller, Gamble and Popa (30 yrs ago for Constantin) were all projects or needed serious development as Frosh. Reggie had his weight issues.
Even Jekiri played, despite Miami having a plethora of experienced bigs. L plays Freshmen that he can depend on, that can provide QUALITY minutes. L isn’t going to put a guy out there that provides nothing of value unless he has no other option. Aire was less useful than Anthony Walker for crying out loud. Casey got minutes.

Did you forget about Dewan Hernandez aka Dewan Huell.
He was a quality 5 star C.

It's hard for quality bigs to come to Miami when they don't throw the ball into the post.

Advertisement
One problem, Coach L doesn't play freshman bigs.

Sure, go ahead and tell me I am wrong but first, tell me the last freshman big that got significant playing time at Miami.

The jeopardy music is now playing.......
I mean Hernandez played 18 minutes a game his freshman year but yeah you got a point about the jeopardy music

Advertisement
Dewan got the minutes he deserved. He was really raw when he got here. Was still pretty raw when he left. If Mgakbo is ready to play as a freshmen he’ll play and maybe even significant minutes if he came here. Guys like Larkin, Brown, Wong, Walker, etc all had no problem getting significant minutes as freshmen. I know Kadji’s situation was a little different because he was a transfer but he was an unproven commodity at UF and came in right away and played.

It's hard for quality bigs to come to Miami when they don't throw the ball into the post.
To this day I can’t explain how Huell got rated as highly as he did, especially after watching him as a freshman. L tried to play him early on, dude was clueless when asked to do anything outside of be an athlete. Even a guy like Jekiri understood basic concepts like boxing out early on.

I don’t think so but its because I don’t think our NIL model is built on 5 star freshman, They carry a very high price tag, they don’t seem to win championships in the 5th and 6th year senior era of college basketball which we are in, and much of the offense has to be tailored to them which is typically a huge problem in the tourney; see Brandon Miller sh*tting the bed and saying he was basically overwhelmed by the tourney atmosphere.

We like 3-4 star recruits who carry a much lower price tag, and then I expect us to use the bigger NIL money to pay our own people who are doing well; see Isiah Wong, and for big time transfers; Pack obviously.

Advertisement
I don’t think so but its because I don’t think our NIL model is built on 5 star freshman, They carry a very high price tag, they don’t seem to win championships in the 5th and 6th year senior era of college basketball which we are in, and much of the offense has to be tailored to them which is typically a huge problem in the tourney; see Brandon Miller sh*tting the bed and saying he was basically overwhelmed by the tourney atmosphere.

We like 3-4 star recruits who carry a much lower price tag, and then I expect us to use the bigger NIL money to pay our own people who are doing well; see Isiah Wong, and for big time transfers; Pack obviously.
I don’t think the price tag means anything, but the fact they typically aren’t program guys that stay for four years is more important

No, I didn't forget him. I never considered him a 5. Did he ever start at that position at UM. Don't think so. When I picture him, it's not as an inside player.To me, he was a 4.

Advertisement
Back