Mackensie Alexander

crossover22[]_[];1347843 said:
Glad we passed

I'm not. After reading that ESPN article I think this kid is a quality person and has as much hunger to succeed for his family as Sonny Odogwu.
Read the article and then tell us you are glad we passed.

Of course these articles are going to paint him in a positive light

Advertisement
crossover22[]_[];1347843 said:
Glad we passed

I'm not. After reading that ESPN article I think this kid is a quality person and has as much hunger to succeed for his family as Sonny Odogwu.
Read the article and then tell us you are glad we passed.

Of course these articles are going to paint him in a positive light

So you think it's propaganda that the kid's from a family that has to pick vegetables and pack them to put food on the table?
Or that his coach said that after practice is over the kid is out there working on his own drills with just the mosquitos as company?

It's easy to be cynical but sometimes you just have to read a story and appreciate the story for what it is.
The story is about Alexander but also about Immokolee and only the most jaded could come away feeling anything but respect for anybody who can make it out of that town.

Story also said that 44% of the people that live there do so below poverty levels and that many of the kids are ostensibly homeless.

Story also said that 44% of the people that live there do so below poverty levels and that many of the kids are ostensibly homeless.

I remember when Edgerrin James and Fred Taylor said they had to chase swamp rabbits if they wanted to eat meat.

Advertisement
Back