MacFarland to Maryland!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
This kids dad sounds low key opportunistic.

Phrases like "he (Thomas Brown) was saying the same ol".. That makes me believe that he set this whole thing up.

I actually thought about it. It doesn't make sense to me that McFarland would need to go to meet with Maryland coaches at a restaurant to say he's going to Miami.

I feel like that dad is taking the money now, rather than McFarland having a great career at Miami and making them M's later.

There's no way that this isn't about bags being dropped because this kid had his mind made up for months!!!!!!!

Recruiting can be such a dirty business.

Phrases like "he (Thomas Brown) was saying the same ol".. That makes me believe that he set this whole thing up.

I actually thought about it. It doesn't make sense to me that McFarland would need to go to meet with Maryland coaches at a restaurant to say he's going to Miami.

I feel like that dad is taking the money now, rather than McFarland having a great career at Miami and making them M's later.

There's no way that this isn't about bags being dropped because this kid had his mind made up for months!!!!!!!

IMO to further this thought, the silent for 2+ months gets even sketchier. Why keep it under wraps other than to not look extra sketchy when taking the bags at the 11th hour

Advertisement
I think we may have spent too much face to face time with him. Gotta play it cool sometimes and not be so desperate. We will see..

giphy.gif

...we're kinda f#cked at RB for the future if he goes to Maryland

Advertisement
IMG_3710.jpg

cant imagine this resume being trusted more than Richt's, especially considering AMAC's relationship with him and Brown.

UA had the sack and money to take on Nike and steal some of their market. They certainly have the capital to take on Tom Brown.

Papa got a brand new bag.

Advertisement

IMO to further this thought, the silent for 2+ months gets even sketchier. Why keep it under wraps other than to not look extra sketchy when taking the bags at the 11th hour
the father's odd behavior notwithstanding this has always bothered me. though the silent thing sometimes works for kids trying to hold off the local team.

Advertisement
Hyattsville (Md.) DeMatha High School RB Anthony McFarland "has an idea" where he'll be playing college football.

That per his father, Anthony Sr.

Dad told CaneSport early Thursday afternoon that his son will finalize things tonight with the family and announce the decision tomorrow.

"We're still setting up a time," dad said. "Anthony will tweet something out about it."

He has made two videos - one with a happy ending for the Canes, the other with a not so happy ending for Miami fans.

"He actually made both videos a while ago when he was still uncertain," Anthony Sr. said.

So where will he choose?

Dad's not even sure at this point.

But Miami made a big push to try and keep him a Cane yesterday when running backs coach Thomas Brown met with the back and his family for a couple of hours.

"He was with Anthony first, then when I got there we met also," dad said. "It went well. But you hear the same thing over and over, the advantages of him coming to Miami, the legacy that's there already, he can come in right away if he works hard and be an impact immediately. You know, same old."

That was the final in-person word from college coaches. There will be no more visits from Miami or Maryland.

"Done with the coaches, I don't want to see anymore coaches," dad said with a laugh.

The final word here?

"It all boil down to how Anthony feels," dad said. "They are both the same, everybody is saying the same thing that he's been hearing. Nobody's been saying anything different at this point. It's really him working through it, trying to figure out what's the best fit for him."
He gone

His pops sound like he tired of this ****. Sounded irritated about the maryland coaches saying miami would favor the local kids and now with brown.
No, he sounded tired of hearing the same **** from Brown.

This exactly what Jeudy felt like from the other side

Except Jeudys local school is one of the most storied programs in the history of college football while McFarlands local school is Maryland. Jeudy would have played in a passing offense at a school that puts more players into the NFL then almost any other program so it would have been a better business decision. McFarland is thinking of playing for a perennial loser. Big difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back