MAC cancels Fall Football

Mackmiller974

All ACC
Screenshot_20200808-101257_Twitter.jpg

Advertisement
Most certainly financial. I've said from day one, butts in seats would be the determining factor for fall football. I may have only gotten that half right with the Power 5 as their television deals may make them power through it. The smaller conferences, you take dollars at the gate away and the money they get to play power five competition, it's a financial loss they can't afford.

Advertisement
Strong possibility that just the Power 5 conferences end up playing along with a handful of other schools that want their non-conference game payout (UAB). Zero percent chance SEC cancels their season, along with ACC. The rest you never know...

If you think there’s a ZERO percent chance they cancel the season, you’re out of your tree. There’s absolutely a chance. But I agree with you somewhat, the much, much larger chance is the P5 at least starts. An uninterrupted season is a coin flip, at the absolute most optimistic. Just really hope these schools can convince the kids to take precautions at all time and we get lucky.

Advertisement
The only way the SEC doesn't play this fall...is IF their counterpart the NFL doesn't play

Even then it's not certain

One has literally zero to do with the other.

But imo the SEC would be the last domino to fall, if we get to that point. They’d hang onto a season longer than any other league.

Advertisement
Advertisement
P5’s need to cancel the **** season. What they’re attempting to do is repugnant. These are unpaid college athletes, not professionals, and it’s shameful to try and play these games in the middle of a pandemic. And worst of all, they’re putting these young black men and the communities they come from, in harms way for $$$$.

P5’s need to cancel the **** season. What they’re attempting to do is repugnant. These are unpaid college athletes, not professionals, and it’s shameful to try and play these games in the middle of a pandemic. And worst of all, they’re putting these young black men and the communities they come from, in harms way for $$$$.
Bro. We get it. The liberal outrage cosplay was cool for a little bit. But when you dropped a "these young black men" you made it too obvious

Advertisement
Back