M. Young and T-St Lou...

Young's tackling was very impressive. Really all th CB's have stepped up their game this year in terms of physicality. I din't notice St. Louis which is a good thing. Honestly Gall played well too, and he was going against a very good NT.

Seems like Coach Rumph was definitely a great hire. Malek Young is a great pick up that would be at UGa right now if it wasn't for Coach Richt.

Advertisement
Young, Bandy, Deejay & a JUCO CB next year wouldn't actually be that bad of a group...

They would be very inexperienced though...

I noticed you left out Redwine is it because you're like me and is not sold on him. Redwine looks slow and confused out there.
I like Red on a personal level, but his play hasn't been all too great this season...

This was supposed to be a breakout year for him too, but his problem I think is he's playing out of position, he'd be better off at Safety.

I don't know about Rumph's recruiting, but his coaching has been excellent this year.

Clearly benefiting from our defense playing against the offense's hidden playbook all camp. Best offense no one has seen all year.

Young, Bandy, Deejay & a JUCO CB next year wouldn't actually be that bad of a group...

I noticed you left out Redwine is it because you're like me and is not sold on him. Redwine looks slow and confused out there.
I like Red on a personal level, but his play hasn't been all too great this season...

This was supposed to be a breakout year for him too, but his problem I think is he's playing out of position, he'd be better off at Safety.

yes, start the transition now. He would make more plays than Carter from day 1.

Young looked like a kid against UNC and VT. Really needs to add 10 pounds to support the run.

I have always believed that Rumph is the "coach" for secondary and Banda is the "recruiter". Would be nice if one was both but those guys do not grow on trees.

Advertisement

I wonder with his lack of true top-end speed if he's better suited for safety(and then can he even play that position). UM will basically have a whole new secondary next year one way or the other. I think a lot of freshman will be thrown out there

Hopefully there's at least one more CB added to the group between now and signing day - or maybe after signing day if we can find a good one....

do my slanted yes decieve me but are thest two progressing well recently?

Young looks like he has a real future at CB( and I think it's really good he's getting reps now because he's most likely starting next yer) . He looks like a real athlete out there. And St. Louis actually looks like a real tackle out there( something that is rare at UM currently). He looks to be making some strides

BTW, can we get some more screen's, that's one way to slow down good pass rushes and Walton as a pass catcher thrives

Malek looks physical , isn't scared to stick his nose in

Reminded me a little of Corn with how he stuck his nose in on the hit.

I wonder with his lack of true top-end speed if he's better suited for safety(and then can he even play that position). UM will basically have a whole new secondary next year one way or the other. I think a lot of freshman will be thrown out there

Would love to see Redwine get a chance at Safety next season. Not sure that's going to be a possibility with the depth at CB but I think he could help us there.

Advertisement
All I know is we have missed out on a few dbs the last couple years that stepped on a college campus, and not only looked the part, but played well their freshman years. I pray that we get at least on of those in the next two classes...

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

I haven't noticed the ball skills from Young but he tackles well and covers well enough. Would like to see him make a play on the ball next time.

do my slanted yes decieve me but are these two progressing well recently?

Young looks like he has a real future at CB( and I think it's really good he's getting reps now because he's most likely starting next yer) . He looks like a real athlete out there. And St. Louis actually looks like a real tackle out there( something that is rare at UM currently). He looks to be making some strides

BTW, can we get some more screen's, that's one way to slow down good pass rushes and Walton as a pass catcher thrives

We threw like 3 RBs screens yesterday. Executed them very well too. Kayaa and the OL are selling it better.

If TSL could somehow become an above-average LT between now and next fall we could have a stew goin' on the OL.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back