M. Young and T-St Lou...

k9cane

Senior
do my slanted yes decieve me but are these two progressing well recently?

Young looks like he has a real future at CB( and I think it's really good he's getting reps now because he's most likely starting next yer) . He looks like a real athlete out there. And St. Louis actually looks like a real tackle out there( something that is rare at UM currently). He looks to be making some strides

BTW, can we get some more screen's, that's one way to slow down good pass rushes and Walton as a pass catcher thrives

Last edited:
Advertisement
St. Louis looked good today against one of the best de in the country

do my slanted yes decieve me but are thest two progressing well recently?

Young looks like he has a real future at CB( and I think it's really good he's getting reps now because he's most likely starting next yer) . He looks like a real athlete out there. And St. Louis actually looks like a real tackle out there( something that is rare at UM currently). He looks to be making some strides

BTW, can we get some more screen's, that's one way to slow down good pass rushes and Walton as a pass catcher thrives

Malek looks physical , isn't scared to stick his nose in

Young is a potential stud and I've been saying that since fall practice. I think I even mentioned it the last couple weeks. The guy has great feet, great acceleration, plays the ball well and is a willing tackler. He won't be as good next year as Corn is this year, but he'll fill in that spot and probably give us 75%. It won't be disastrous drop off.

In a fall scrimmage, he broke up a sideline route against Njoku (IIRC) by finding the ball after chasing and literally stood over the veteran, who had fallen to the ground. I told D$, "****, that's pretty feisty...got a little Duane Starks in him."

Advertisement
Corn was the leading tackler again today.....Young was second. That's a big boy game by a true freshmen, he broke his cherry like many of our other stud frosh already have. Mcloud was all over the field today too

This past freshman class of defenders has got to be one of the best in the country. this is why you don't b*tch about stars

This past freshman class of defenders has got to be one of the best in the country. this is why you don't b*tch about stars
Well in the last class it was filled with 4star talent in fact 10 of the 18 we signed were 4star

He had tons of help though idk what to take from today unless I broke down film. I'd put more credit to whoever designed the protection adjustments.

He's been abysmal in terms of the season as a whole

Advertisement
Young, Bandy, Deejay & a JUCO CB next year wouldn't actually be that bad of a group...

They would be very inexperienced though...

Young is a potential stud and I've been saying that since fall practice. I think I even mentioned it the last couple weeks. The guy has great feet, great acceleration, plays the ball well and is a willing tackler. He won't be as good next year as Corn is this year, but he'll fill in that spot and probably give us 75%. It won't be disastrous drop off.

In a fall scrimmage, he broke up a sideline route against Njoku (IIRC) by finding the ball after chasing and literally stood over the veteran, who had fallen to the ground. I told D$, "****, that's pretty feisty...got a little Duane Starks in him."

Now that is the mentally we need to get back to being the Miami we all love

He had tons of help though idk what to take from today unless I broke down film. I'd put more credit to whoever designed the protection adjustments.

The last couple of games he has been better than McDermott and Linder who has a lot more experience than he does at this point

Everything was quick hitting, basically. The route combinations on the outside required no more than a quick drop. The vertical routes inside basically didn't require more than a tick. We ran some of that stuff in Fall practices. Saw some glimpses inside the hashes against UNC. We started seeing more of it @VT. My frustration was we didn't run the vertical, inside stuff when we needed it most: FSU. The OL didn't suddenly learn to pass protect today. They are who they are. It's up to the pass pro schemes and playcalls to protect them and our QB.

Advertisement

The last couple of games he has been better than McDermott and Linder who has a lot more experience than he does at this point

McDoormat did great today rolling up 2 players at once while they tried to enter the front door.

Everything was quick hitting, basically. The route combinations on the outside required no more than a quick drop. The vertical routes inside basically didn't require more than a tick. We ran some of that stuff in Fall practices. Saw some glimpses inside the hashes against UNC. We started seeing more of it @VT. My frustration was we didn't run the vertical, inside stuff when we needed it most: FSU. The OL didn't suddenly learn to pass protect today. They are who they are. It's up to the pass pro schemes and playcalls to protect them and our QB.

I was arguing with people last week that's there's more quick game going on, the ol didn't just magically get better. The coaches finally adjust routes and play calling

Young's tackling was very impressive. Really all th CB's have stepped up their game this year in terms of physicality. I din't notice St. Louis which is a good thing. Honestly Gall played well too, and he was going against a very good NT.

Advertisement

I just mentioned the protection adjustments because Brad said something about it in the post game. It looked like more TE help to avoid speed rushes around the edges and more focus from guards on just having their guy not having to pick up guys on stunts and things like that.

Young, Bandy, Deejay & a JUCO CB next year wouldn't actually be that bad of a group...

I noticed you left out Redwine is it because you're like me and is not sold on him. Redwine looks slow and confused out there.

I don't know about Rumph's recruiting, but his coaching has been excellent this year.

I noticed you left out Redwine is it because you're like me and is not sold on him. Redwine looks slow and confused out there.

Been saying it since the first couple of games of the season. Plays too far off in coverage

Advertisement
Back