M. Rosier > T. Martell

Advertisement
So in your logic having chemistry with your teammates does not translate to production on field? QB and WR trust is not a thing? The type of trust and timing where u know a reciever is going to be at the spot u throw it on any particular route.

U were one of those guys who didnt have an opinion beforw but now all the sudden u have one. I thought u wanted the best QB to win and let it play out?
You're not connecting dots logically... Again. Numerous people said they want the best QB to win and did not have an opinion. We only saw a few practice clips.

Now, since that time, people watched the first public scrimmage and are saying that Tate had the worst showing of the 3 based on performance and that if he doesn't improve, he won't win the job. That's a natural progression. It has nothing to do with having a favorite and anointing a starter from day 1 like you've done. If he's throwing ducks and no one else is, that's a visible fact not an opinion

That said, the whole thing needs to play out longer with more reps and more playbook so that we have the guy best capable of winning come August 24th.

Then say it with your chest.

FADE IN:

JARREN WILLIAMS stands back in the pocket in a crowded football stadium, looking downfield. He focused. Intense.

MICHAEL IRVIN (voice over): We've passed on all we know. Decades of swagger live in you now.

In the distance, a horde of Clemson defensive linemen are running towards the Miami quarterback. It is strangely silent, as Jarren focuses on something beyond them.

MICHAEL IRVIN (voice over): But this is your fight.

FADE TO:

TITLE: COLLEGE FOOTBALL HAS A LEGEND

FADE IN:

It's no longer silent - Jarren Williams scrambles around, avoiding defenders and looking downfield as the pocket collapses. Defensive linemen surge en mass towards him - and he unleashes a tight fifty yard pass that heads towards a wide open JEFF THOMAS.

TITLE: COMING THIS FALL

Cut to scenes of:

- CAM DAVIS bursting through tackles.

- MARK POPE running past cornerbacks.

- DABO SWINNEY handing out bulging halliburtons of cash to recruits.

- UM players jumping up and down and raucously celebrating midfield

- GREGORY ROUSSEAU brutally sacking James Blackman, holding his leg, and playing it like a guitar

- RAY LEWIS and JIMMY JOHNSON in a Pro Player Stadium, laughing and high-fiving

TITLE: THE SAGA IS RENEWED

Cut to scenes of:

- DEEJAY DALLAS evading tacklers

- LORENZO LINGARD bursting through the goal line

- WILL MALLORY catching a 45 yard touchdown

- JEREMIAH PAYTON looking through the glass of the trophy case, his reflection captured in the 2001 national championship

- COACH MANNY DIAZ chest bumping players on the sideline as a massive, gleaming turnover chain is bestowed upon SHAQ QUARTERMAN

MICHAEL IRVIN (voice over): We'll always be with you

The entire Miami Hurricanes team looking at the field of the SuperDome as they prepare to play for the 2020 National Championship.

MICHAEL IRVIN (voice over): No one's ever really gone.

FADE TO BLACK (music fades out):

We hear a voice CACKLING. It's TERRY PORTER fading into MARK EMMERT...and then NICK SABAN.

TITLE: SWAG WARS: THE RISE OF NEW MIAMI

Advertisement
You're not connecting dots logically... Again. Numerous people said they want the best QB to win and did not have an opinion. We only saw a few practice clips.

Now, since that time, people watched the first public scrimmage and are saying that Tate had the worst showing of the 3 based on performance and that if he doesn't improve, he won't win the job. That's a natural progression. It has nothing to do with having a favorite and anointing a starter from day 1 like you've done. If he's throwing ducks and no one else is, that's a visible fact not an opinion

That said, the whole thing needs to play out longer with more reps and more playbook so that we have the guy best capable of winning come August 24th.
Oh.

FADE IN:

JARREN WILLIAMS stands back in the pocket in a crowded football stadium, looking downfield. He focused. Intense.

MICHAEL IRVIN (voice over): We've passed on all we know. Decades of swagger live in you now.

In the distance, a horde of Clemson defensive linemen are running towards the Miami quarterback. It is strangely silent, as Jarren focuses on something beyond them.

MICHAEL IRVIN (voice over): But this is your fight.

FADE TO:

TITLE: COLLEGE FOOTBALL HAS A LEGEND

FADE IN:

It's no longer silent - Jarren Williams scrambles around, avoiding defenders and looking downfield as the pocket collapses. Defensive linemen surge en mass towards him - and he unleashes a tight fifty yard pass that heads towards a wide open JEFF THOMAS.

TITLE: COMING THIS FALL

Cut to scenes of:

- CAM DAVIS bursting through tackles.

- MARK POPE running past cornerbacks.

- DABO SWINNEY handing out bulging halliburtons of cash to recruits.

- UM players jumping up and down and raucously celebrating midfield

- GREGORY ROUSSEAU brutally sacking James Blackman, holding his leg, and playing it like a guitar

- RAY LEWIS and JIMMY JOHNSON in a Pro Player Stadium, laughing and high-fiving

TITLE: THE SAGA IS RENEWED

Cut to scenes of:

- DEEJAY DALLAS evading tacklers

- LORENZO LINGARD bursting through the goal line

- WILL MALLORY catching a 45 yard touchdown

- JEREMIAH PAYTON looking through the glass of the trophy case, his reflection captured in the 2001 national championship

- COACH MANNY DIAZ chest bumping players on the sideline as a massive, gleaming turnover chain is bestowed upon SHAQ QUARTERMAN

MICHAEL IRVIN (voice over): We'll always be with you

The entire Miami Hurricanes team looking at the field of the SuperDome as they prepare to play for the 2020 National Championship.

MICHAEL IRVIN (voice over): No one's ever really gone.

FADE TO BLACK (music fades out):

We hear a voice CACKLING. It's TERRY PORTER fading into MARK EMMERT...and then NICK SABAN.

TITLE: SWAG WARS: THE RISE OF NEW MIAMI

Lmao that's dope. We need to get that script to quentin tarantino immediately!

Advertisement
Lmao that's dope. We need to get that script to quentin tarantino immediately!

All I’m going to say about QB competition is that i’ve seen them live twice and Tate was more underwhelming than the other two. I wanted Tate. I think JW is winning the spring competition but not by enough to beat out Perry

All I’m going to say about QB competition is that i’ve seen them live twice and Tate was more underwhelming than the other two. I wanted Tate. I think JW is winning the spring competition but not by enough to beat out Perry

Still haven't opened up the playbook fully. I didn't even see any zone reads/RPO but I do agree Tate has not played up to his talent. It seems like he's lost some confidence. Jarren has for sure looked the best this far. I think Kosi transfers.

Advertisement
He has room for improvement. The other QBs have been here a two years. Tate has been here a total of 4 months. Once he gets comfortable it will all work out. U can tell that confidence isn't as high with a new environment.

Also, how many zone read/RPO's did u see today? Enos hasn't opened up the playbook yet. If u think we are going to be able to take 5 step drops and allow plays to develop down the field consistently, u are sadly mistaken. Our oline is not built for that.

EDIT: it's funny how all the "I don't have an opinion, I just want the best QB to win" guys now suddenly have an opinion.
welcome to the cis Monday morning coaches clinic.bet they'll be calling for banners if we lose Aug 24.

Advertisement
Gotta love our “fans”. Obviously, Tate is struggling but I find it super weird that some of you seem to be enjoying it.

I like what I’ve seen from Jarren so far but we will need improved play overall from the position come fall. Which I expect to happen the more they work with Enos and learn the system.
The fact is most of the people that enjoy it is because they don’t care who the quarterback is just as long as he looks a particular way.

Well said, but way too reasonable. If connecting dots is a few levels beyond, just imagine checkers, let alone chess. Keep up the good work on tears RVA!

Advertisement
Back